Top 5 current players that needs to win a ring more than anyone?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Quinjo28
Freshman
And1: 46

Top 5 current players that needs to win a ring more than anyone? 

Post#1 » by Quinjo28 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Mine are:

Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Lebron James
Senior
Sixth Man
And1: 3,668

Re: Top 5 current players that needs to win a ring more than anyone? 

Post#2 » by Senior » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Quinjo28 wrote:Mine are:

Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Lebron James

what
Quinjo28
Freshman

Post#3 » by Quinjo28 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:52 pm

wich player has the most pressure from now on and in future to win a ring to salvage their legacy.

Senior wrote:

Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Lebron James

what
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#4 » by sca » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Quinjo28 wrote:wich player has the most pressure from now on and in future to win a ring to salvage their legacy.

Senior wrote:

Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Lebron James

what

He's questioning your choice of including LeBron in the list.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
poopdamoop
Assistant Coach
And1: 823

Post#5 » by poopdamoop » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:59 pm

LeBron's legacy is pretty impressive already, it's not like he's a borderline HoF or anything.

I'd say Paul and Durant need one more than anyone. Both of those guys are MVP caliber players that need a ring to validate their accomplishments. Melo and Dwight (post-Orlando) aren't at that level.
Quinjo28
Freshman

Post#6 » by Quinjo28 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:05 pm

well the reason im including lebron is because unless he wins 1 in his hometown some will say there will always be a stain on his legacy.

sca wrote:
Quinjo28 wrote:wich player has the most pressure from now on and in future to win a ring to salvage their legacy.

Senior wrote:
what

He's questioning your choice of including LeBron in the list.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#7 » by pelifan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Kevin Durant and only Kevin Durant. Chris Paul has never really had the supporting cast to me. Although a ring would probably put him above Nash and Isaih in my opinion.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#8 » by crazy_me_87 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:09 pm

poopdamoop wrote:LeBron's legacy is pretty impressive already, it's not like he's a borderline HoF or anything.

I'd say Paul and Durant need one more than anyone. Both of those guys are MVP caliber players that need a ring to validate their accomplishments. Melo and Dwight (post-Orlando) aren't at that level.

Agreed

Lebron is already a all time top 3-10 Player depending on who you ask(hell even his haters put him at least at 10)
Sure he will gain immensly with every ring he wins.. but its not as if his legacy is seriously on the Line. He is not at risk at missing the HoF or something.

Durant needs one or he will be just another Iverson.. a great Scorer who couldnt win.

Paul would actually really benifit. on an Individual Level he is one of the greatest PGs of all time but without a ring will always be overlooked.
ZB9
Sixth Man
And1: 696

Post#9 » by ZB9 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:17 pm

1. Carmelo
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Dwight Howard
5. Westbrook
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#10 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:19 pm

To salvage their legacy? Or cement their legacy?

Salvage their legacy:
Rose
Bosh
Melo
Dwight

Bosh: was always considered the third wheel. Winning a championship without LeBron would strengthen his case.

Rose: debated placing him here because he's still young with a lot of basketball left,......IF his body allows it.....which is exactly why I put him here on the list. His legacy has taken a major hit, so much so the best way to repair it is by showing he can win a ring.

Melo and Dwight are easy choices.

Cement their legacy:
C. Paul
Durant
Harden
Curry
Kobe

Kobe: highly unlikely is the polite way to say it however adding another ring would cement his legacy into that next tier.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#11 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:22 pm

pelifan wrote:Kevin Durant and only Kevin Durant. Chris Paul has never really had the supporting cast to me. Although a ring would probably put him above Nash and Isaih in my opinion.

I respectfully disagree. I wonder if you actually saw Nash and Isaiah Thomas play in their prime. Paul is great and ring would elevate him even more, but I don't think I would pick him over Nash or Thomas.
Forum permissions