Hate Most about NBA Play?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Re: Hate Most about NBA Play? 

Post#61 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:35 am

MrKnox wrote:
Heat3Peat wrote:
MrKnox wrote:

I hate when posters who are 15-20 years old try and wax intellectual about the game in the '80's or '90's when they weren't even around to witness it and have no earthly idea what they're talking about. I also hate when kids act like there's been some great leap forward in human evolution over the past twenty years and players nowadays are so much more athletic than players from a previous generation.

First off I was very much alive and cognizant during the 90's and the Bulls/Jordan run. So your 15-20 yr old crap doesn't apply. Secondly, it's not even so much evolution, it's breakthrough in science, training, and technology. Games and sports evolve, players get better, more talented, and more gifted. It's how society works.

This is not the time or place to argue this as to not hijack the thread topic, but just assuming that someone must be a young immature kid simply bc they don't appreciate the older school of basketball "well back in my day mentality", well that's just ignorant.

Anyone who goes by the handle "heat3peat" was definitely not "alive and cognizant" during the '90's. LMAO.

Whatever you say there champ. Also, did you ever consider it was made in mockery of the Heat? Look at the join date, figure out what was going on in the NBA world during this time, and also consider who else I am a fan of. Can you piece it together? Probably not...
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#62 » by goodboy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:44 am

Heat3Peat wrote:
MrKnox wrote:
Heat3Peat wrote:
First off I was very much alive and cognizant during the 90's and the Bulls/Jordan run. So your 15-20 yr old crap doesn't apply. Secondly, it's not even so much evolution, it's breakthrough in science, training, and technology. Games and sports evolve, players get better, more talented, and more gifted. It's how society works.

This is not the time or place to argue this as to not hijack the thread topic, but just assuming that someone must be a young immature kid simply bc they don't appreciate the older school of basketball "well back in my day mentality", well that's just ignorant.

Anyone who goes by the handle "heat3peat" was definitely not "alive and cognizant" during the '90's. LMAO.

Whatever you say there champ. Also, did you ever consider it was made in mockery of the Heat? Look at the join date, figure out what was going on in the NBA world during this time, and also consider who else I am a fan of. Can you piece it together? Probably not...

What was there to Mock? 4 trips to the finals in a row, 3 rings as a franchise in the last 10 years. You completely wasted your time "Champ"
Bright
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#63 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:03 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
Heat3Peat wrote:
MrKnox wrote:

What was there to Mock? 4 trips to the finals in a row, 3 rings as a franchise in the last 10 years. You completely wasted your time "Champ"

All the fans calling for a 3peat of course. Not to mention at first it was fun bc people assumed I was a Heat fan so when the whole "Where is LeBron going" got thick in July, when Heat fans were losing their minds into every little rumor, it was fun to break news that had LeBron lean toward CLE and watch them freak out and go suicidal. Got exposed as an under cover Cavs fan after a few days, got suspended for a few days, stopped trolling and starting posting. Learned it takes a yr before you can alter your name and takes a few montsh for a new poster to be able to post in the Gen Thread.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#64 » by Goudelock » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:01 am

rumdiary wrote:I hate the ad-breaks.

I am obsessed with basketball, but I cannot watch a full game like I can football (soccer).

In football absolutely every attempt is made to continue play at all times and there are no ad-breaks except at half time. In basketball I have to watch it on my computer so I can go do something productive whilst waiting for the ad-breaks, free throws, time outs, sponsored media time-outs and end-of-game stoppages.

It's a massive waste of my time and the entertainment factor disappears.

This! There are WAY to many commercials and stoppages. Sometimes, it seems to be worse than the NFL or baseball when it comes to stopping play.

I'd fix it by getting rid of a lot of the timeouts. How about 3 timeouts per team (1 full and 2 20s, and 1 full timeout for each overtime period). That will never happen though, because MONEY.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:18 am

PockyCandy wrote:
rumdiary wrote:I hate the ad-breaks.

I am obsessed with basketball, but I cannot watch a full game like I can football (soccer).

In football absolutely every attempt is made to continue play at all times and there are no ad-breaks except at half time. In basketball I have to watch it on my computer so I can go do something productive whilst waiting for the ad-breaks, free throws, time outs, sponsored media time-outs and end-of-game stoppages.

It's a massive waste of my time and the entertainment factor disappears.

This! There are WAY to many commercials and stoppages. Sometimes, it seems to be worse than the NFL or baseball when it comes to stopping play.

I'd fix it by getting rid of a lot of the timeouts. How about 3 timeouts per team (1 full and 2 20s, and 1 full timeout for each overtime period). That will never happen though, because MONEY.

I think college bball is even worse for this.

I cannot stand commercials. This is why I don't really watch TV much (netflix ftw!)

Return to The General Board