Four sweeps in the 1st rd of the East Playoffs??

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,272

Re: Four sweeps in the 1st rd of the East Playoffs?? 

Post#41 » by Froob » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:11 pm

Nightperzon wrote:Celts will win 4-3.

Agreed.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#42 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:39 pm

Think we knew east could have mainly one sided series.

But it's looking the samw in the west..apart from clippers and spurs.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#43 » by The Penguin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:29 pm

East haters love to leave out the fact the Pelicans, Blazers and Mavs have no prayer of winning the championship this year either.

3 East teams could legitimately win the title, while 5 West teams could. Nuke the whole system!
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,798

Post#44 » by Triple M » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:29 pm

i feel a few teams will win the "at least we didn't get swept" game. I don't want to say the games have been close but they haven't been blowouts either and the desperation of being eliminated via sweep can be enough to eek out one win.

Feel like the Nets can get both games at home
one of Boston/Milwaukee will win game 4
Raptor series is up in the air because i don't know which team will show up but i think a few days rest should help lowry in particular
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#45 » by blumeany » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Bulls are up 3-0, but the Bucks have been extremely competitive. I think it's been a fun series to watch. (Obviously more fun being on the Bulls end of things). Hasn't been a cakewalk at all. Haven't seen the Cavs series, but it sounds like it was sort of the same. This is the first round of the playoffs. We shouldn't have a slew of 7 game series - to me, that is more indicative of your top teams not being that good than your bottom teams being good. This is why they used to do a 5 game 1st round back in the day.
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
blizzard
Senior
And1: 195

Post#46 » by blizzard » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:43 pm

The Penguin wrote:East haters love to leave out the fact the Pelicans, Blazers and Mavs have no prayer of winning the championship this year either.

3 East teams could legitimately win the title, while 5 West teams could. Nuke the whole system!

Which is the 3rd eastern team?
Everyone underrated Kobe's ego and just thought he would be Paul Pierce when Garnett and Allen joined, instead he went Black Mamba and turned Dwight into Kwame and Nash into Smush.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#47 » by The Penguin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm

blizzard wrote:
The Penguin wrote:East haters love to leave out the fact the Pelicans, Blazers and Mavs have no prayer of winning the championship this year either.

Which is the 3rd eastern team?

Bulls, Cavs, Hawks. I know the shine is off the Hawks, but they would still have home court over anyone outside of the Warriors and can shoot well enough to get hot for two weeks.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#48 » by Madhouse » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:34 pm

West is boring

Pelicans, Mavs, Blazers are trash. Grizzlies are solid but no contender. So there are only about 3 or 4 teams in the West with a shot to do sth. It's not much better compared to the East. And don't tell me those teams would do sth in the East. They would be a 2nd round exit best case.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#49 » by monopoman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Madhouse wrote:West is boring

Pelicans, Mavs, Blazers are trash. Grizzlies are solid but no contender. So there are only about 3 or 4 teams in the West with a shot to do sth. It's not much better compared to the East. And don't tell me those teams would do sth in the East. They would be a 2nd round exit best case.

Funny post man, if the Blazers were healthy this would be a much more competitive series. I also would take the Blazers in a series against every team in the East except Cavs at full strength.

Celtics, Bucks, etc.. don't belong in the playoffs period the East top seeds get a 1st round bye period.
SwagtoBurn
Junior
And1: 153

Post#50 » by SwagtoBurn » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Could be 7/8 sweeps. Everyone sucks!

Or far more likely it's essentially random fluctuation/regression to the mean after something like 5 or 6 -7 gamers last year. There's been some injuries/some bad luck in games/unfortunate matchups but it is what it is. As a Wizards fan, I'm definitely not complaining about our series, the quicker the better!
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,383

Post#51 » by nbafan38 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:13 pm

This is very possible although I think the Nets and Raptors may win a game.
The bucks probably blew their chance for a win last night and the celtics play very hard but are just completely overmatched in terms of talent differential.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,863

Post#52 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:35 pm

IMHO the Celtics and the Bucks have been competitive, but the Cavs and Bulls have played very well. LeBron is on a mission, and Rose looks like the 2012 version.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#53 » by JellosJigglin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Lol @ "east haters". :lol:

Put any of those West teams in the east and they'd have a legit shot at reaching the conference finals. The fact no one gives them a chance is because of just how competitive the west is.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#54 » by Madhouse » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:20 am

monopoman wrote:

Funny post man, if the Blazers were healthy this would be a much more competitive series. I also would take the Blazers in a series against every team in the East except Cavs at full strength.

Celtics, Bucks, etc.. don't belong in the playoffs period the East top seeds get a 1st round bye period.

You take the Blazers over the Bulls?

Tell me more. :crazy: :roll:
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#55 » by Madhouse » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:22 am

JellosJigglin wrote:

Put any of those West teams in the east and they'd have a legit shot at reaching the conference finals. The fact no one gives them a chance is because of just how competitive the west is.

that just wouldn't be the case. There is only 1 team that would be a lock to reach the ECF and that would be the Warriors. Some teams like Rockets, Spurs and Clippers could reach it but they wouldn't be favoured.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#56 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:24 am

Madhouse wrote:
JellosJigglin wrote:

that just wouldn't be the case. There is only 1 team that would be a lock to reach the ECF and that would be the Warriors. Some teams like Rockets, Spurs and Clippers could reach it but they wouldn't be favoured.

C'mon Spurs would be too. I would favour them over every east team.
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#57 » by isiah_thomas » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:01 am

THIS IS OOOGLY
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#58 » by monopoman » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:46 am

Madhouse wrote:
monopoman wrote:

You take the Blazers over the Bulls?

Tell me more. :crazy: :roll:

Yeah, I would over a Rose that could become injured at any second and has the most hot/cold play of any player this year. He looks good in round 1 of the playoffs lets see if he keeps it up bro.

You are neglecting how good the Portland starting 5 is and their bench is far improved from last year, the year they beat down on Houston. Yeah, they beat the team you think could make it to the WCF or Finals...
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#59 » by MaxRider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:26 am

two of them won't get sweep now
fast-break
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,858

Post#60 » by fast-break » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:29 am

Well let's cross ATL & CHI off the books.

Return to The General Board