This cavs team with a healthy love and Kyrie

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Is this cavs team a historically great team when full healthy?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 98

Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Re: This cavs team with a healthy love and Kyrie 

Post#21 » by Mr Loggins » Thu May 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Rili67 wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:Also, not to suggest the OP has an agenda, but this is his 2nd thread started in as many days looking to attack the Cavs

The first thread was not meant to be posted on the GB.

Posting a poll in the GB should be fairly even.... as opposed to posting this in cavs or bulls forums.

I do have an agenda though... to put to bed ignorant statements like "this cavs team will be historically great" without them even playing one full season...

I think you're getting your tail feathers ruffled for no particular reason. Will the Cavs be historically great? You've got to be pretty confident or a homer to say that.

*can* they be historically great? Sure.

If they stay healthy (and can bring everyone back, as you were arguing against yesterday), why not.
Manute Lol
Sixth Man
And1: 2,252

Post#22 » by Manute Lol » Thu May 21, 2015 7:23 pm

bmann626 wrote:I mean I guess we will never know until it happens but if guys like Shump/JR/Tristan/Mozgov keep playing the way they are and you add two all stars with Kyrie/Love in the mix, then its hard to think that they wouldnt accomplish some great things. They are kinda showing right now if they do beat the Hawks that they are the best team in the East even without two all stars.

Sorta like winning the special olympics, tho, innit?
antistrat wrote:What Golden State isn't realizing is that their offense has been neutralized. It isn't coming back. Cleveland is too long, too athletic, too fast, too gritty and too smart as a team.
Rili67
Senior
And1: 321

Post#23 » by Rili67 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:25 pm

I just wish people would take off the homer goggles sometimes. Maybe it's just too hard for some people.
If you're around people who are just every day fans, most of them are pretty unrealistic when it comes to their team. Bears fans and cubs fans are notorious for this in my eyes. I expect a little more level headedness in a place like this though. Maybe I shouldn't...
Thanks to Bullsfan88
Rili67
Senior

Post#24 » by Rili67 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Manute Lol wrote:
bmann626 wrote:I mean I guess we will never know until it happens but if guys like Shump/JR/Tristan/Mozgov keep playing the way they are and you add two all stars with Kyrie/Love in the mix, then its hard to think that they wouldnt accomplish some great things. They are kinda showing right now if they do beat the Hawks that they are the best team in the East even without two all stars.

Sorta like winning the special olympics, tho, innit?

The east is an absolute joke, and that bulls team they beat was a gutless sack of crap.
Thanks to Bullsfan88
Rili67
Senior

Post#25 » by Rili67 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Mr Loggins wrote:
Rili67 wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:Also, not to suggest the OP has an agenda, but this is his 2nd thread started in as many days looking to attack the Cavs

Posting a poll in the GB should be fairly even.... as opposed to posting this in cavs or bulls forums.

I do have an agenda though... to put to bed ignorant statements like "this cavs team will be historically great" without them even playing one full season...

I think you're getting your tail feathers ruffled for no particular reason. Will the Cavs be historically great? You've got to be pretty confident or a homer to say that.

If they stay healthy (and can bring everyone back, as you were arguing against yesterday), why not.

I just think it's kind of foolish to throw that statement around nonchalantly.
Thanks to Bullsfan88
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#26 » by Mr Loggins » Thu May 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Rili67 wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:
Rili67 wrote:

I just think it's kind of foolish to throw that statement around nonchalantly.

What's so non-chalant about it?

GOAT candidate near his prime
2 other top 20-30 NBA players
Great supporting cast
have already proven they can win together

I mean if everyone is back together and healthy, they can have a historically great season.

Why again are you getting your panties all bunched up over this?
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#27 » by LofJ » Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 pm

It would be nice if they actually had some competition in the East, or better yet the best players on the teams that actually are competitive don't go down with injuries and give Lebron a red carpet path to the finals every year.

It's getting to the point where it's less exciting to be a fan of an Eastern conference team. I mean how do you compete with a team that wins the lottery 3 of out 4 years and then has the best all around player in the NBA join them? You can't compete with that, you just have to hope one of their guys gets injured or you're able to build your team's rise to coincide with the Cavs falling off.
Rili67
Senior

Post#28 » by Rili67 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Do you think a historic team has to win the championship? For me personally... that's a must have for a historic team to me.
Thanks to Bullsfan88
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:37 pm

No way to tell until they all play for a complete season. The game isn't played on paper. It's played on the court.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#30 » by improper » Thu May 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Dat2U wrote:Re: This cavs team with a healthy love and Kyrie:

Would be much worse defensively with Love & Kyrie in the starting lineup. As much as Love & Kyrie taketh offensively... they giveth away on the other end as well.

Except that's not really true.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#31 » by Dat2U » Thu May 21, 2015 9:13 pm

improper wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Re: This cavs team with a healthy love and Kyrie:

Would be much worse defensively with Love & Kyrie in the starting lineup. As much as Love & Kyrie taketh offensively... they giveth away on the other end as well.

Except that's not really true.

Huh? So is it 'partly true' or 'mostly true'... because I'm not understanding the 'not really true' part.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#32 » by joedumars1 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:17 pm

For all we know they could play worse with K. Love( Tristan Thompson has been a energizer for them with the Offensive Boards) and a Kyrie that can actually move, maybe the spot up Kyrie is best for the team. Sound crazy I know, but you just never know for sure untill we can see it happen.
Theitaliangame
Junior
And1: 160

Post#33 » by Theitaliangame » Thu May 21, 2015 9:32 pm

I urge you guys to look at the standings. The cavs from from January 15th till the game 4 in Boston was 38-3 when all the starters played. That's as good as it gets. It was one of the best three point shooting teams all time with three guys in love, Irving and Jr that could hit 5 or more three pointers any given night. In fact Jr smith has more games of seven or more three point makes than any player in NBA history. Throw in lebron, delavedova, james Jones, shumpert and seldom used mike miller and you had one of the best three point shooting teams of all time during that stretch from january 15th till the infamous game in Boston. The cavs set a record this year for most three point makes Ina quarter without a miss.

Best offensive rebounder in tristan Thompson matched with one of the best defensive rebounders in Kevin love. The bulls front line got owned every game by the thompsom / love combo. And then you throw in mozgovs freakish length and size and the front court was goonish.

You have two of the best finishers and scorers in the game in lebron and kyrie. And in kyrie you have a guy that had the two highest scoring games of the season. The cavs were one of the most versatile teams Ive ever seen. Between loves versatility, irvings grace and technical brilliance and james power and athleticism the cavs can dice you up in so many ways.

This is in no way me being a homer but I watched pretty much all those games from when the trades occurred up to the spurs game and that team with the starting lineup of mozgov, love, james, Jr smith and kyrie is one of the best teams Ive ever seen.
Rili67
Senior

Post#34 » by Rili67 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Every argument you gave had me kinda like " alright, ok" until you said they were one of the best teams you've ever seen play.

38-3 is a great stretch, but maintaining that through out a season and into the playoffs is another story...
Thanks to Bullsfan88
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#35 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu May 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Historic? That is likely a stretch. The team is still so very dependent on LeBron. That said, they're pretty good and should be better as they get a chance to learn each other better and fill in some pieces.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Theitaliangame
Junior
And1: 160

Post#36 » by Theitaliangame » Thu May 21, 2015 9:58 pm

Rili67 wrote:Every argument you gave had me kinda like " alright, ok" until you said they were one of the best teams you've ever seen play.

38-3 is a great stretch, but maintaining that through out a season and into the playoffs is another story...

I know. Thanks that to the long haired queer in Boston well never get to see how it would have performed in the playoffs. I remember around the last cavs vs warriors game the talk around social media was about how awesome of a final matchup it would be. I still think the cavs beat golden state for the title but it won't be at full strength nor will it be as pretty as those blowout wins during the second half of the season. We were all robbed by olynx.
RebuildaBulls
Analyst
And1: 756

This cavs team with a healthy love and Kyrie 

Post#37 » by RebuildaBulls » Thu May 21, 2015 11:56 pm

They are still arguably the best team in the east even without Love. Those guys Irving, Thompson, Shump, JR and Mozgov are no scrubs.
antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Post#38 » by antistrat » Fri May 22, 2015 12:26 am

Not unless Love figures out how to stay in games in the 4th quarter and both of them start defending better.
Roronoa
Pro Prospect
And1: 985

Post#39 » by Roronoa » Fri May 22, 2015 12:37 am

I'm starting to think they would have beat the warriors. Maybe the east is just incredibly weak, but Lebron on his own is carrying the Cavs to the Finals.
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#40 » by ohio » Fri May 22, 2015 12:44 am

Roronoa wrote:I'm starting to think they would have beat the warriors. Maybe the east is just incredibly weak, but Lebron on his own is carrying the Cavs to the Finals.

someone hasn't been watching the playoffs...

Return to The General Board