Could Lebron carry the Knicks to the NBA finals?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

BklyntoTNeck
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Re: Could Lebron carry the Knicks to the NBA finals? 

Post#21 » by BklyntoTNeck » Sat May 23, 2015 4:34 am

oaklandwarriors wrote:
BklyntoTNeck wrote:
oaklandwarriors wrote:I'm going to use the team before Amare's waiving and the Shumpert/Smith trade

Calderon/Larkin
Shumpert/Smith/Hardaway
LeBron/Early
Amare/Bargnani/Acy
Dalembert/Aldrich

I mean it's not that bad. Massive concern at rim protecting, but LeBron could revitalise Amare's offense and we've seen how good Shumpert and Smith are with LeBron. Bargnani can be the homeless man's Love (bankrupt version) in some lineups, and Calderon can knock down some three's letting LeBron play point forward. In the East, maybe 49 wins assuming LeBron is healthy, so 4th seed.

If thats the case, you are leaving out Carmelo. And to answer the OP's question, no.

Yeah, I did? I agree that they probably don't get past a team with a good frontcourt, they might even lose to the Wizards in round 1 assuming standings stay the same. But that's definitely a legit east contender.

Sometimes a change of scenery does a player good. Everyone is loving Shump & JR now. But when they were Knicks, they were garbage. I don't care what JR does the rest of the playoffs, I'm glad he's out of NY. For Shump, its a shame he didnt take that next step with us. Didnt happen, all parties moved on, best of luck to him. And yeah, that is a good lineup, even better if you included Anthony. But you throw LeBron on a lot of bad teams and their fortunes change instantly.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#22 » by Ballerhogger » Sat May 23, 2015 4:52 am

not when hes leaving his prime no. Give me Lebron who beat the pistons then yea
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Could Lebron carry the Knicks to the NBA finals? 

Post#23 » by DarthDiggler69 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:29 am

Not to take anything away but Thompson, Smith, Mozgov, Delavedova and Shumpert had ALOT to do with the 2 wins and the Bulls series. Those guys broke the game open, Lebron just attracts the attention away from them
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#24 » by INKtastic » Sat May 23, 2015 5:36 am

jbk1234 wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:I'm not saying he could for sure but compare the records of the 2009-2010 Cavs to the 2010-2011 Cavs. You went from a 60+ win team to a 60+ loss team. LeBron's impact there was historically dramatic.

Yeah but a bunch of people left/retired/got hurt after LBJ went to the Heat. It just wasn't the same team at all. Delonte West went crazy and was let go. Shaq retired. Wally Sczerbiak retired. Big Z went to the Heat. Verajao got injured. We ended up trading Mo Williams for Baron Davis (who was injured) during the season.

This year's team the 8 1/2 games is last year's lottery team with the only real upgrade being 3 guys we basically got for trading Dion Waiters (2 of which came from the knicks) and with the only all star from last year's lottery team first playing injured and now out.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#25 » by jbk1234 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:21 am

INKtastic wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:I'm not saying he could for sure but compare the records of the 2009-2010 Cavs to the 2010-2011 Cavs. You went from a 60+ win team to a 60+ loss team. LeBron's impact there was historically dramatic.

Yeah but a bunch of people left/retired/got hurt after LBJ went to the Heat. It just wasn't the same team at all. Delonte West went crazy and was let go. Shaq retired. Wally Sczerbiak retired. Big Z went to the Heat. Verajao got injured. We ended up trading Mo Williams for Baron Davis (who was injured) during the season.

This year's team the 8 1/2 games is last year's lottery team with the only real upgrade being 3 guys we basically got for trading Dion Waiters (2 of which came from the knicks) and with the only all star from last year's lottery team first playing injured and now out.

Do you think that last season's Cavs fail to make the playoffs with Mozgov at center? After Andy got injured and before the trade, this wasn't a very good team. They were horrible on defense.

I mean last year they started the season with Bynum at center, actually played Earl Clark and Gee for like 45 games at the 3, and signed Jarrett Jack when they already had two ball dominant guards. The reason Grant got fired was because of the off season free agency acquisitions. When they finally started playing better, Kyrie and Dion took turns getting injured. CJ Miles missed the last two months. They weren't a good team, but they could have easily been a 40-win team instead of a 33-win team. That's even with Mike Brown trying to turn Kyrie into Eric Snow and Kyrie pretty much trying to get Mike Brown fired.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
B_BallReasons
Junior
And1: 161

Post#26 » by B_BallReasons » Sat May 23, 2015 6:31 am

Yes but if it's a Lebron type system. Even with him on the team the rest of the guys are not suitable to play the triangle.
Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Post#27 » by Joseph17 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:35 am

The Bulls would beat them
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#28 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat May 23, 2015 10:12 am

LeBron is getting so overrated
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#29 » by E-Balla » Sat May 23, 2015 10:54 am

He couldn't carery them to the playoffs. JR would be back in NY partying, Shump is Shump, and the two best players on the team right now are Langston and Alexey Shved. Lebron isn't a miracle worker.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#30 » by tribulations » Sat May 23, 2015 11:17 am

isn't that essentially what he is doing? more than enough ex-knicks in wine and gold rn
tribulations
Analyst

Post#31 » by tribulations » Sat May 23, 2015 11:19 am

Asianiac_24 wrote:LeBron is getting so overrated

come on man i'm not even a bron d-rider but unless we are saying he is better than mj (subjective, although i am firmly in the jordan camp) the notion of the best player on the planet being over-rated is absurd.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#32 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat May 23, 2015 11:27 am

tribulations wrote:

come on man i'm not even a bron d-rider but unless we are saying he is better than mj (subjective, although i am firmly in the jordan camp) the notion of the best player on the planet being over-rated is absurd.

LeBron isn't even the best player on the planet anymore
tribulations
Analyst

Post#33 » by tribulations » Sat May 23, 2015 11:28 am

Asianiac_24 wrote:
tribulations wrote:

LeBron isn't even the best player on the planet anymore

curious who you rank above him to be 100% honest
Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#34 » by Alienware » Sat May 23, 2015 12:06 pm

beasonu wrote:Knicks will make the East Finals next year

Mudiay
Kris middleton
Melo
Monroe
Ajinca

Dorrell Wright and/or Seraphin will be great coming off bench

Gonna be crazy fun

That's not a bad lineup at all. Not enough for the ECF, but would have great potential when Mudiay develops and Middleton takes the next step.

Sent from my Cyanogen phone
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#35 » by crazy_me_87 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Well player wise he is on course right now xD

Mozgov,Shump,JR where all starters or key rotation players on the knicks recently.^^
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#36 » by King Ken » Sat May 23, 2015 12:31 pm

crazy_me_87 wrote:Well player wise he is on course right now xD

Mozgov,Shump,JR where all starters or key rotation players on the knicks recently.^^

Lebron could carry any team. He's the one player that is >>>>> Everyone else in the NBA
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#37 » by crazy_me_87 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:34 pm

King Ken wrote:

Lebron could carry any team. He's the one player that is >>>>> Everyone else in the NBA

Well honestly i just realised last night... this Cavs Team even without Love and Kyrie hobbled is better than propably any Cavs Team he had before. (Not overall he had some good RS Teams! but just going by how well they are Coached and how well the role players fit and how hard they play)
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#38 » by King Ken » Sat May 23, 2015 12:53 pm

crazy_me_87 wrote:
King Ken wrote:

Well honestly i just realised last night... this Cavs Team even without Love and Kyrie hobbled is better than propably any Cavs Team he had before. (Not overall he had some good RS Teams! but just going by how well they are Coached and how well the role players fit and how hard they play)

They fit around Lebron better. Kyrie while a great scorer doesn't defend well. Love either but Thompson is just as good as a rebounder but unlike Love, he's does the dirty work. Mosgov is in the perfect situation as Lebron lets him play his skill-set without being an offensive burden.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#39 » by NCHeels2008 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:35 pm

can't wait to see TT get overpaid from this finals run
beasonu
Starter
And1: 830

Post#40 » by beasonu » Sat May 23, 2015 4:38 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:can't wait to see TT get overpaid from this finals run

Lmao!! Dude is so trash

hack-a-tristan would work by the way

Return to The General Board