Kyle Korver is OUT for the remainder of the playoffs with ankle injury

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Re: Kyle Korver is OUT for the remainder of the playoffs with ankle injury 

Post#61 » by yoyoboy » Sun May 24, 2015 8:03 pm

Umbooki wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:
Umbooki wrote:It's a damn shame that most of the players in your Fantasy Lineup are either banged up or out for the season.

Wall has a broken hand/wrist.
Lowry was dealing with injuries.
Melo is recovering from knee surgery.
Bosh is recovering from blood clots.
Gasol was having hamstring issues.

That's just the tip of the iceberg when you consider the current state of the Hawks and how many people got banged up in Game 2.

I was under the assumption that the East players are healthy. Otherwise the original statement wouldn't make sense as his goal was to put into perspective just how good the Warriors are. And I don't think saying that the Warriors could beat a team of 4-5 healthy players would accomplish that goal.

That was probably the correct assumption to make, but I just found it interesting how most of that roster would be unable to suit up right now. The injuries piled up really fast in the second half of the season.

True. It's even crazier considering that players' minutes have gone down a ton in the last decade. In 2003, 45 players played above 36 minutes per game and 11 over 40 minutes per game. Today? Only 6 above 36 and no one above 40. Yet injuries (mainly to star players) seem to be far more frequent today that they were a little per a decade ago.

Return to The General Board