Bucks To Get Greg Monroe For The Max

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,302

Re: Bucks To Get Greg Monroe For The Max 

Post#81 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:40 pm

Carlos_Danger wrote:3 Years $50 Million is a GREAT price for Monroe.

Under the NEW cap, that will be the equivalent of 3 years, $33 Million under the Current cap.

I'm a Pacers, 49ers, and Tar Heels fan. Had we just gotten our Carolinas in line, we'd be twinsies. :-p
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#82 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:47 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:
recko321 wrote:What's there line up now? I honestly have no idea.

would think

MCW-Middleton-Giannis-Parker-Monroe

That's a terrible interior defending team. Relying on great perimeter play and Giannis helping off-ball?

Too be clear, I love the signing. I'm just not sure how the rotations will work.

Who do they have to defend on the interior in the East? Horford? 65 year old Gasol? Valanciunas? Gortat?

They may not be able to keep Cleveland off the glass, but they weren't beating Cleveland next year anyway.

There's a lot of length to bother penetration.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,685

Post#83 » by Cowology » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:47 pm

mrlancers wrote:This offseason will be the death knell of the longstanding belief that only big market teams can land top-tier free agents. I know people will say Monroe isn't elite, but he did choose Milwaukee, Wisconsin over NY and LA. Two teams that were very interested in him.

Monroe never struck me as a big city kinda guy. Some players really crave the media attention or party lifestyle associated w/ NY, LA and Miami... But some guys don't.

NY and LA are both total disasters as well. this is not a case of all other things being equal or those high profile teams just needing a slight edge, they are both terrible bball destinations atm. The Clips and Nets are more attractive. Bizarro world, but true.

Anyway, great move for both Mil and Moose. Like it a lot.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,011

Post#84 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi Knicks fans. :wave:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kbergcbs/status/616648384234029056[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/616641961106272260[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/616631199847555072[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nypost_berman/status/616647661446406144[/tweet]

Your organization is a dumpster fire.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,931

Post#85 » by tmorgan » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:00 pm

I wonder -- who is the on-the-floor leader of these new Bucks? I'm pretty sure it won't be Greg, which is no knock on him, he's just a quiet type most of the time. Oh, except for...

AND ONE!
AND ONE!
AND ONE!

That's the only downside I see here. :-) If Kidd can get Moose to STFU and get back on defense instead of his usual griping, he's going to be an All-Star.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,931

Post#86 » by tmorgan » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:01 pm

Also, I'm now super-psyched for this years' Pistons/Bucks matchups. Greg pump-faking Andre into foul trouble, and Penguin dunking all over Moose's head.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#87 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:06 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:

would think

That's a terrible interior defending team. Relying on great perimeter play and Giannis helping off-ball?

Too be clear, I love the signing. I'm just not sure how the rotations will work.

Well, every team with monroe as their starting C will have interior defense issues..

I beluieve Giannis and Parker can both man the starting forward spots effectively together.
They both have power forward size, but also small forward skills, so they can swithc off on the perimeter but also challenge shots at the rim which is a luxury for them.
Middleton can guard both wing positions and MCW is at least shooting guard size. I do not see too many issues with them on the defensive end save not having a true rim protector at the 5.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,672

Post#88 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:14 pm

This is why tanking is hard. You get young talent, but free agents need to see that young talent mature and win first before they are interested in signing there. Tough situation to be in. Orlando just went through it with Millsap.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
joyeuxnoel
Bench Warmer
And1: 699

Post#89 » by joyeuxnoel » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:16 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:would think

Well, every team with monroe as their starting C will have interior defense issues..

I beluieve Giannis and Parker can both man the starting forward spots effectively together.
They both have power forward size, but also small forward skills, so they can swithc off on the perimeter but also challenge shots at the rim which is a luxury for them.
Middleton can guard both wing positions and MCW is at least shooting guard size. I do not see too many issues with them on the defensive end save not having a true rim protector at the 5.

considering most teams play small ball these days and there is a lack of offensive skilled centers, it isnt a huge issue

i'd be worried about jabari defending the 4 then monroe the
Embiid-Simmons-Covington

Fire Colangelo
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#90 » by GameTime_3 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:19 pm

JDR720 wrote:

would think

Thats a very good team right there. Young with alot of potential. Outside of MCW, that team doesn't have many flaws.
SF_Warriors
General Manager

Post#91 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:19 pm

MCW/ Vasquez
middleton/mayo
Parker/dudley/butler
Giannis/henson
Monroe/zaza

I see some serious depth here and good size even though monroe giannis frontcourt is not a good one defensively on paper.

I think kidd will get them on the same page defensively and they arent exactly lacking in size. at any position.

At this point, they are lacking a true go to scorer, but they are definitely a playoff team, maybe 6-7 seed?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#92 » by Prez » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:21 pm

joyeuxnoel wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:

considering most teams play small ball these days and there is a lack of offensive skilled centers, it isnt a huge issue

i'd be worried about jabari defending the 4 then monroe the

Giannis will probably be the 4 going forward, and he's developing some pretty crazy defense at that spot. Jabari should be the wing. It'll come down to matchups really. On offense it could work either way.
joyeuxnoel
Bench Warmer
And1: 699

Post#93 » by joyeuxnoel » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:22 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:MCW/ Vasquez
middleton/mayo
Parker/dudley/butler
Giannis/henson
Monroe/zaza

I see some serious depth here and good size even though monroe giannis frontcourt is not a good one defensively on paper.

I think kidd will get them on the same page defensively and they arent exactly lacking in size. at any position.

At this point, they are lacking a true go to scorer, but they are definitely a playoff team, maybe 6-7 seed?

i'd say a 5-6 seed
Embiid-Simmons-Covington

Fire Colangelo
SF_Warriors
General Manager

Post#94 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:34 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:

Lol.. the Bucks were one of the best defensive teams in the NBA with the corpose of Zaza Pachulia starting at center.

Again, I love the signing, but that was also without Jabari for the majority of the season (62% Opponent FP at rim) and Monroe (55% opponent FP at rim). Pachulia and Illyasova were at 52%.

It's definitely a concern, but the system and great perimeter defense will definitely minimize the impact.

giannis can help defend the rim and if they need a shot blocker, they can always bring henson in.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#95 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:36 pm

This is a massively great deal for Milwaukee coming right after another fantastic deal in re-signing Middleton.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,321

Post#96 » by Scalabrine » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:38 pm

MotownMadness wrote:I'm not really surprised. He's a very quiet guy who probably was a bit intimidated to go to a big market.

That's going to be a really bad defensive front court though.

They were ranked 3rd in the league last year in defense with Zaza Pachulia and John Henson as the Centers, they were also near the top of the league in blocks too. Middleton, Giannis, and even MCW can all block shots.

It turned out to be like a sign and trade; Monroe, Butler, Williams for Ilyasova.

I personally think this is a great fit, I was one of the few Knick fans that wanted him in orange and blue, but I think there are still plenty of options out there that wont tie up our cap space. Wouldn't mind us getting in the mix for Hibbert or Lee now.
Go Knicks!
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,466

Post#97 » by Stix » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:41 pm

:rofl:

Lakers fans upset about not landing 2nd tier free agents.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#98 » by JazzUte88 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:23 pm

Nice get. Bucks are looking really good if Parker can come back to 100% form.
asdfgh
Lead Assistant
And1: 755

Post#99 » by asdfgh » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:29 pm

I think that's a great deal for both the Bucks and Monroe. The Bucks needed inside scoring badly, while Monroe doesn't have to share the paint with Drummond. The Bucks are now a contender in the East if Parker is as good as his draft position indicates he is.

What's funny is that Milwaukee and Detroit essentially traded Ilyasova for Monroe.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,276

Post#100 » by Froob » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Hi Knicks fans. :wave:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kbergcbs/status/616648384234029056[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/616641961106272260[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/616631199847555072[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nypost_berman/status/616647661446406144[/tweet]

Your organization is a dumpster fire.

Hmm that can't be. I've been told over and over that making the playoffs as a low seed doesn't help at all and you should just keeping tanking over and over and over again.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to The General Board