Chris Paul's role in DeAndre's departure

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

JDizzel3000
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Re: Chris Paul's role in DeAndre's departure 

Post#61 » by JDizzel3000 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:11 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:DeAndre Jordan crying about high fives?

Cosign

Jesus what a damn baby .....listen they ain't win nothing with him anyways ...get that crybaby stuff outta here ...you can't win with a big that's this mentally soft ...no wonder he never could get his pathetic freethrow shooting together ...this dude sounds like a mental midget ...

:nonono:
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,658

Post#62 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:15 am

vxmike wrote:Still the most over-rated "superstar" in the NBA. He's not a first option on offense and usually plays like he's the 3rd. Solid at a lot of things but spectacular at very few. He's just lucky the league and media started the Chris Paul Marketing Machine a few years back despite the fact he's never even made it past the 2nd round. He's nowhere near a top 10 player in the league.

I think I found me my first sig :lol:
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#63 » by EArl » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:17 am

BombsquadSammy wrote:Image

Somebody had to post it.

to be fair that was deandre's fault.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#64 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:18 am

Cyrusman122000 wrote:why are so many players so sensitive with playing with guys like CP3 and Kobe? Those guys want nothing but to win, and have success. Just because they push their teammates, and demand them to bust their ass, doesn't mean their bad leaders, or teammates. Seems a lot of players are just super sensitive.
I feel like CP3, and Kobe get crap for this, but i think they're great leaders.

I admire their competitiveness but you left something out. They want nothing but to win on their own terms. Both guys are stubborn control freaks and while perhaps that might even be justifiable whenever you're the clear identified best player on your team, just because the approach can be justified doesn't mean it's the best approach to leading a team.
JDizzel3000
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#65 » by JDizzel3000 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:22 am

EArl wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:Image

Somebody had to post it.

to be fair that was deandre's fault.

Yeah he probably should have just given him a hug instead ..... You know DeAndre "Chamberlin" doesn't respond well to aggression
Sherdognba
Banned User
And1: 237

Post#66 » by Sherdognba » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:34 am

Lol I can picture cp3 barking at him in the locker room, just givin it to DeAndre lol like the time when Paul was barking him to lay the ball up for the win lol DeAndre looked lost :p
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#67 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:35 am

RonySeikalyFTW wrote:
Cyrusman122000 wrote:why are so many players so sensitive with playing with guys like CP3 and Kobe? Those guys want nothing but to win, and have success. Just because they push their teammates, and demand them to bust their ass, doesn't mean their bad leaders, or teammates. Seems a lot of players are just super sensitive.

I admire their competitiveness but you left something out. They want nothing but to win on their own terms. Both guys are stubborn control freaks and while perhaps that might even be justifiable whenever you're the clear identified best player on your team, just because the approach can be justified doesn't mean it's the best approach to leading a team.

Exactly. Plus Kobe has never won a damn thing without prime Shaq or the most stacked frontcourt in the league (Artest/Pau/Bynum/Odom) and CP3 has never won a damn thing period. Yet they're both so egotistical that they think it's all about them and not their teammates. It's not hard to see why that attitude can be so off-putting to other players.

Last I checked, Blake is the franchise and the face of the Clippers, yet CP3's strutting around like he's King **** on Bandini Mountain. He needs to check himself.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#68 » by PaulieWal » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:36 am

RonySeikalyFTW wrote:

This, IMO.

And let's be fair as great as CP is with that mentality MJ and Kobe got away with it because they are far greater players.

While I hope DJ didn't leave just because CP was hard on him, this drill Sargent bit doesn't work with all players. For that reason I prefer the Magic, LeBron leadership. People think if you aren't always getting on your teammates you are not being a good leader. There's different styles of leadership, I just think that the Magic-LeBron style is a bit better because you it can work with all types of people. But the hard-ass style may not work with some as evidenced here.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,478

Post#69 » by picc » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:53 am

Clippers made a huge mistake. They had a championship caliber team with Pierce and Stephenson on board on top of their core. They just **** up hard, DJ was their entire interior defense. Should have paid the man.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#70 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:57 am

picc wrote:Clippers made a huge mistake. They had a championship caliber team with Pierce and Stephenson on board on top of their core. They just **** up hard, DJ was their entire interior defense. Should have paid the man.

We offered him an undeserved $107 million deal. He chose to go to Dallas because he thinks he's a first option and they pumped sunshine up his ass. Not much the Clippers could do, really.

I disagree that this was a championship caliber team with DJ anyway. We have always needed a legit scoring option to pair with Blake, because DJ certainly can't do it and CP3 is passive in big games and usually shut down by bigger defenders. Lance isn't good enough and Pierce is old.
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#71 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:59 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
RonySeikalyFTW wrote:

Exactly. Plus Kobe has never won a damn thing without prime Shaq or the most stacked frontcourt in the league (Artest/Pau/Bynum/Odom) and CP3 has never won a damn thing period. Yet they're both so egotistical that they think it's all about them and not their teammates. It's not hard to see why that attitude can be so off-putting to other players.

Last I checked, Blake is the franchise and the face of the Clippers, yet CP3's strutting around like he's King **** on Bandini Mountain. He needs to check himself.

Might wanna hide your hate boner for kobe there champ. LeBron never won with out 2 all-stars on his team too u know and shaq never won with out an all time great SG. And kobe never ran Pau off btw but nice conjecture.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#72 » by PaulieWal » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:01 am

picc wrote:Clippers made a huge mistake. They had a championship caliber team with Pierce and Stephenson on board on top of their core. They just **** up hard, DJ was their entire interior defense. Should have paid the man.

Money wasn't the issue though here. They offered him a full 5 year max.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#73 » by Wonderllama » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:08 am

Paul Pierce could have kept that team together If only he signed last season. After they beat the Spurs, I think Pierce would have been instrumental in closing out the Rockets. And I say the Clips would have had a fighting chance against the Warriors.

Instead the season ended terribly, with a bad taste in everyone's mouth, so DJ just left.
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#74 » by Basileus777 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:15 am

MartinToVaught wrote:On one hand, DJ is pathetic for giving up $30 mil and an extra year of security

That extra year is fairly meaningless with the way the salary cap is set to sky rocket. He'll make more money by getting back into free agency earlier.
cbk41
Junior
And1: 230

Post#75 » by cbk41 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:24 am

MartinToVaught wrote:

We offered him an undeserved $107 million deal. He chose to go to Dallas because he thinks he's a first option and they pumped sunshine up his ass. Not much the Clippers could do, really.

I disagree that this was a championship caliber team with DJ anyway. We have always needed a legit scoring option to pair with Blake, because DJ certainly can't do it and CP3 is passive in big games and usually shut down by bigger defenders. Lance isn't good enough and Pierce is old.

Cuban is certainly one of the best at 'pumping sunshine' into FAs. I'm sure the Clips will figure it out sometime in season with the pieces they have.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,159

Post#76 » by GuyverX » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:31 am

Um, he took less money to go to Dallas. Money was not the issue, nor is it talent. All indicators pointed to him jumping ship to Dallas as early as the playoffs.
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#77 » by Basileus777 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:38 am

They offered him the max, the problem is that their offer isn't particularly different from Dallas' one because that 5th year isn't especially valuable with the way the cap is going to skyrocket. There are actually free agents deliberately taking shorter deals to reach free agency under the higher cap more quickly.
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#78 » by alabamawolf » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:52 am

being a leader is more than just being vocal, you have lead by example. Paul has never made it to the conference finals so his antics grow old
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,893

Post#79 » by Shock Defeat » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:55 am

CP3 exudes arrogance on the court and seems entitled even though he hasn't won anything. It's almost a reflection of the media where they all love and adore CP3, crowning him and never criticizing him for his failures, it's always the other guy's fault that he has had no success.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#80 » by clyde21 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:56 am

LA really was a perfect situation for him on the outside, so his rift w/ CP3 must've been a pretty big one to force him out.

Return to The General Board