How bad will Portland be?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Re: How bad will Portland be? 

Post#61 » by John Murdoch » Wed Jul 8, 2015 1:27 am

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:About to see if Lillard is overrated or not

huh?
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#62 » by DrCoach » Wed Jul 8, 2015 1:35 am

They may be bad, but they will be fun to watch against the minnys and Jazz of the west
Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Post#63 » by Hindenburg » Wed Jul 8, 2015 1:35 am

they should tank and try to get Ben Simmons next year
cw3k
Bench Warmer
And1: 503

Post#64 » by cw3k » Wed Jul 8, 2015 2:26 am

I think this Portland team will beat Lakers to the bottom this year.
joeyAdaMan
Analyst
And1: 2,145

Post#65 » by joeyAdaMan » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:04 am

they will most certainly be a lottery team...but they would be a potential 8th seed if they were in the east....no where near a contender or up and comer....but if they strike gold in the lottery and Lillard improves it will be worth it
Volcano wrote:Kobe must the best at everything. He's faster than Westbrook and stronger than Dwight. He's taller than Yao Ming and shorter than Earl Boykins. Nothing you say is going to change their minds.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#66 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:08 am

People were saying the exact same thing about the Rox last year and they made the western confrence finals. Just saying.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst

Post#67 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:09 am

Hindenburg wrote:they should tank and try to get Ben Simmons next year

His highlights look sick.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#68 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:18 am

FirePjax wrote:People were saying the exact same thing about the Roxanne last year and they made the western confrence finals. Just saying.

nobody was saying rockets would be one of the worst teams in the conference. there was some talk about them just missing the playoffs but that's different than what blazers expected to become.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst

Post#69 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:30 am

El Turco wrote:
FirePjax wrote:People were saying the exact same thing about the Roxanne last year and they made the western confrence finals. Just saying.

nobody was saying rockets would be one of the worst teams in the conference. there was some talk about them just missing the playoffs but that's different than what blazers expected to become.

Fair enough
Napoleon7
Senior
And1: 73

Post#70 » by Napoleon7 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 11:31 am

29 wins

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
RebuildaBulls
Analyst
And1: 756

Post#71 » by RebuildaBulls » Wed Jul 8, 2015 12:03 pm

27-55 then get the first pick in the draft
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#72 » by QRich3 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 12:55 pm

Somewhere in the 20's seems about right, depending on health and how blatant they wanna get with their tanking.

Gotta say I'm loving the way they're rebuilding on the fly, good long contracts for Aminu and Davis, which if they fulfill their upside will be steals at the end, fantastic trade for Batum, and positioning themselves with the most cap flexibility in the league just a couple days after they knew they would need to rebuild.

I'm so jealous of them stealing Oshley from us, any succeed the Clippers have had in the last few years can be traced back to operations he did.
LOOSH
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#73 » by LOOSH » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:04 pm

I'm grateful for Olshey and think he is a top-notch GM, although he's taking heat right now from local meatball reporters/personalities and some of the fan base. I have confidence in him though going forward and also like the moves he's made this summer given the hand we've been dealt.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#74 » by QRich3 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:24 pm

LOOSH wrote:I'm grateful for Olshey and think he is a top-notch GM, although he's taking heat right now from local meatball reporters/personalities and some of the fan base. I have confidence in him though going forward and also like the moves he's made this summer given the hand we've been dealt.

Eh, morons gonna complain about anything. He doesn't get enough credit for foreseeing the possibility of Aldridge leaving and making sure half the team expired at the same time before getting stuck with veterans on a treadmill team. He got a top 10 pick for an expiring Batum when LMA didn't give assurances to stay, and is now on an very advantageous position to rebuild. One that very few GM's could have gotten into this soon after being in contention. And trust me, he's a really good talent evaluator for a rebuild like this, he got Bledsoe for nothing when nobody thought he'd amount to anything, and refused to include him in the Paul trade when everybody thought he was a throw in. He made sure he left space for Deandre to develop when everybody had given up on him. He missed on Paul George, but other than that he nailed draft pick after draft pick.

I'd probably trade Paul for the right to have him back tbh, if there's something more important than lucking into a superstar, is to have executives who know how to position themselves for it.

Return to The General Board