Celtics To Trade For David Lee

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#121 » by tugs » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:18 am

That C spot looks "small" for the Celtics with Amir and Lee. And the supposed big guys, Olynyk and Sullinger, love to play outside.

Dubs really like them versatile forwards I see.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Re: Celtics To Trade For David Lee 

Post#122 » by azwfan » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:24 am

FNQ wrote:
Edrees wrote:Their only change of the off season, instead of upgrading, was to shed salary? That's not how you repeat

Most teams retool and call it upgrading. We had 9 of our top 10 players undervour control before the offseason even started. Selling continuity as a bad thing.. that doesnt make sense. We shed a guy who didnt play. I think our 30th pick, Kevon Looney, can pick up the Lee's role of human victory cigar pretty well.

I'm hoping the Serbian sensation (Kuzmic) gets some victory cigar minutes this year... fresh off his double championship season.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#123 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:41 am

Dominater wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Dominater wrote:Warriors ferusal to trade Lee at the deadline when teams were reportedly offering picks is looking even dumber now

What deals were these? Links?

Once again. Realgm wiretap a week or so before the deadline. I remember because I was hoping that it would happen. It said that a couple teams called the Warriors "dangling a draft pick" and warriors weren't interested

Well, i call BS on that, as a Google search brings nothing up on that, so that was likely a beat reporter trying to make $h!t stick on a slow news day.

If your going to try and make a point like this, come at least with a reliable source.
BScoreez
Senior
And1: 151

Post#124 » by BScoreez » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:43 am

Dominater wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Dominater wrote:Warriors ferusal to trade Lee at the deadline when teams were reportedly offering picks is looking even dumber now

Once again. Realgm wiretap a week or so before the deadline. I remember because I was hoping that it would happen. It said that a couple teams called the Warriors "dangling a draft pick" and warriors weren't interested

Most reports that I read were that teams were asking that the Warriors include draft picks for taking Lee's contract at the deadline. They weren't offering their own. Woj was one of them reporting this.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236669/Warriors-Could-Explore-Trading-David-Lee-Before-Deadline
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#125 » by FNQ » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:57 am

Dominater wrote:
Coxy wrote:

He was shopped for 2 straight years, was racking up DNP-CDs by the deadline.. so I really doubt the accuracy.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#126 » by killacalijatt » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:24 am

Dont the Dubs get a TPE?
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#127 » by killacalijatt » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:25 am

15 mill to 9 mill so wouldnt the Dubs get a 6million dollar TPE or somewhere around that?
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Re: Re: Celtics To Trade For David Lee 

Post#128 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:32 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
GregOden wrote:

Hardly. Warriors might not have won the series against Cleveland if Lee hadn't come in and gave them hope in G3.

He was bigger in the Memphis series. They were down 1-2, and Lee played well on both ends and helped tun the tide.

The Warriors wont be able to use him as their panic button next year, which sucks, but I guess he will be happier getting minutes. I really see us getting destroyed by Aldridge/Duncan/West now.
I would be more worried if Duncan and West were in their prime
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Re: Re: Celtics To Trade For David Lee 

Post#129 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:32 am

killacalijatt wrote:15 mill to 9 mill so wouldnt the Dubs get a 6million dollar TPE or somewhere around that?
I believe so
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#130 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:33 am

Coxy wrote:
Dominater wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Well, i call BS on that, as a Google search brings nothing up on that, so that was likely a beat reporter trying to make $h!t stick on a slow news day.

If your going to try and make a point like this, come at least with a reliable source.

Maybe it was BS. If so I admit I was wrong
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,265

Post#131 » by CS707 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 6:19 am

Birdie wrote:
FNQ wrote:Fair point and I'm not that far from your reasoning. Lee was more a luxury than a I just find it mildly amusing that Lee thinks he'll be able to cash in next year though. At best he's good for 5-8mil if he can do 13-8. And even if he balls out to 20-10, I'd really question a team willing to pay him 10+mil at his age. We shall see.

Lee came into the league wealthy and has made a ton of money since. I think he just wants to play.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,134

Post#132 » by Edrees » Wed Jul 8, 2015 7:39 am

FNQ wrote:
Edrees wrote:Their only change of the off season, instead of upgrading, was to shed salary? That's not how you repeat

Most teams retool and call it upgrading. We had 9 of our top 10 players undervour control before the offseason even started. Selling continuity as a bad thing.. that doesnt make sense. We shed a guy who didnt play. I think our 30th pick, Kevon Looney, can pick up the Lee's role of human victory cigar pretty well.

Actually, if they kept David Lee and had the same roster, I'd agree with you about continuity. But say what you will about him, he's still better than Gerald wallace by a mile, and it also looks like he was a positive in the locker room. So continuity is not what they've maintained here. Why not just keep him if they couldn't get an assett out of it, or at the very least a bench player who would contribute more than Lee would? They only shed him because of salary reasons, at the cost of losing some continuity.

I'd understand if Lee was asking to be traded for his lack of playing time though.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#133 » by DreDay » Wed Jul 8, 2015 8:29 am

Edrees wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Actually, if they kept David Lee and had the same roster, I'd agree with you about continuity. But say what you will about him, he's still better than Gerald wallace by a mile, and it also looks like he was a positive in the locker room. So continuity is not what they've maintained here. Why not just keep him if they couldn't get an assett out of it, or at the very least a bench player who would contribute more than Lee would? They only shed him because of salary reasons, at the cost of losing some continuity.

I'd understand if Lee was asking to be traded for his lack of playing time though.

He wouldn't be a positive this season. He wants to get playing time for his next contract and wouldn't be happy on the bench. Warriors wanted to help him out as well, so there is no hard feelings or lack of continuity here. He's a good pro, and he deserved to be moved.
PerFex
Junior
And1: 347

Post#134 » by PerFex » Wed Jul 8, 2015 10:56 am

https://youtu.be/cIbD0Cm9pEs?t=1m30s

It's sad how Lee is underrated right now. He's still very good player and can be starter in almost every team.
WarriorsEFC
Rookie
And1: 1,111

Post#135 » by WarriorsEFC » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:39 pm

PerFex wrote:https://youtu.be/cIbD0Cm9pEs?t=1m30s

It's sad how Lee is underrated right now. He's still very good player and can be starter in almost every team.

He was a starter this year... he just got injured at the worst possible time. The start of the season. It gave Draymond Green just enough games to have us starting something like 22-2 and by then Lee was never going to slot back into the starting line-up.

It wasn't because David Lee had lost any ability it was just we had a much deeper bench and he got less playing time. Definitely a starter though in just about every other team.
73-9 - GTOAT.

Return to The General Board