What does everyone think of Porzingis?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Re: What does everyone think of Porzingis? 

Post#1221 » by AllanH20 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 12:42 am

The number of Sixers fans in here who try to **** on this kid at every opportunity is hilarious. You screwed up, get over it. And save your two page essay about how you are all happy with a fatter Al Jefferson who can't defend and is a black hole on offense.

People are always tracking KP's defense and commenting about how many threes he's hit etc... But the most impressive part of his is still by far his defense and rim protection. His footwork and timing is thing of beauty. He's been the best rookie big in terms of defense by far. His FG% against is -3.3 (and -9.3 within 6 feet, which is on par with Gobert). KAT's FG% against is -1.2 (and -6.2 within 6 feet).

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/204001/tracking/defense/
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#1222 » by Bertrob » Sun Feb 7, 2016 12:50 am

He's pretty overrated. Should be a solid starter for his career, not some all-time great like some make him out to be
Huffman
Senior
And1: 511

Re: Kristaps Porzingis is 9th player to hit 3 3s and 6 blocks... 

Post#1223 » by Huffman » Sun Feb 7, 2016 3:14 am

Pavvy wrote:Kristaps Porzingis is 9th player to hit 3 x 3s and 6 blocks in a game in NBA history.

Who can name the other 8 ?

Also, what do the non-Knick fans in here think about Kristaps??

Manute Bol had to be one this list.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1224 » by E-Balla » Sun Feb 7, 2016 3:29 am

Thebob wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
AmareNY wrote:Rasheed Wallace has to be one

First guy who came to mind, Also thinking AK47 could be another

Raef Lafrentz maybe?

J. Smoove gotta be one...
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#1225 » by Gus McCrae » Sun Feb 7, 2016 5:20 am

Josh Smith
AK47
Rasheed
All good picks.

I'll add maybe Paul Millsap?
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#1226 » by Crooked-I » Sun Feb 7, 2016 5:47 am

Kawai Leonard has to be one.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#1227 » by Village Idiot » Sun Feb 7, 2016 1:15 pm

Cliff Robinson? Sam Perkins?
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,687

Post#1228 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Feb 7, 2016 1:42 pm

Bertrob wrote:He's pretty overrated. Should be a solid starter for his career, not some all-time great like some make him out to be

That's not an argument, but a "everybody's talking about him and I don't like it" statement. Let's forget all time greats, which skill or lack thereof you think will keep him from becoming an all star?
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#1229 » by Bertrob » Sun Feb 7, 2016 1:43 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
That's not an argument, but a "everybody's talking about him and I don't like it" statement

Get over yourself. If you don't like my comment ignore it.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM

Post#1230 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Feb 7, 2016 1:58 pm

Bertrob wrote:Get over yourself. If you don't like my comment ignore it.

The fact that you did not even attempt to answer my question clearly shows that it's not me who should get over something. If you don't like the hype, don't watch the videos, don't look at the articles. It's not that hard to do. Obviously you are not even watching him play but you have an opinion on him.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#1231 » by Dez » Sun Feb 7, 2016 2:54 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
Bertrob wrote:Get over yourself. If you don't like my comment ignore it.

The fact that you did not even attempt to answer my question clearly shows that it's not me who should get over something. If you don't like the hype, don't watch the videos, don't look at the articles. It's not that hard to do. Obviously you are not even watching him play but you have an opinion on him.

So because he didn't share your opinion he's wrong? Come on dude.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,772

Post#1232 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Feb 7, 2016 3:02 pm

Reading the first few pages of this thread and the last three is hilarious. So many posts about him sucking to so many overrating posts that he's better than KAT. He ain't. But he's really good.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM

Post#1233 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Feb 7, 2016 3:05 pm

Dez wrote:So because he didn't share your opinion he's wrong? Come on dude.

No, he failed/couldn't/did not want to make an argument. I would still read his assessment on why he thinks that way but the fact that he refused to make an argument just shows me that he either hates the Knicks and/or Porzingis, or can't handle the hype it surrounds him.

I do think that saying he is surely going to become an all time great is an idiotic statement, but saying that he will only become a solid starter is kind of the same, especially without talking about the possible limitations that would keep him at that level. I personally see a blue chip prospect but I don't have a problem with anybody seeing something different, until they make an argument. I think that's fair, don't you think?
Johnny Firpo
RealGM

Post#1234 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Feb 7, 2016 3:09 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:Reading the first few pages of this thread and the last three is hilarious. So many posts about him sucking to so many overrating posts that he's better than KAT. He ain't. But he's really good.

I think a lot of those opinions were posted when they were very close to each other. Towns is clearly the ROY at this point, although I wouldn't be shocked if Porzingis would end up being the better player. Time will tell, both are elite prospects in my opinion. They are different but both possess numerous traits that could make them a superstar. It's just a matter of consistency, mental fortitude and health if they will reach their ceiling.
AmareNY
Banned User
And1: 167

Post#1235 » by AmareNY » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Porzingis is not a finished product, but when he is? Watch out, he could end up being one of the best players in the league. KAT is awesome, nothing wrong with finishing 2nd behind him in Rookie Of The Year voting.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#1236 » by SmoothLefty21 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:20 pm

Bertrob wrote:He's pretty overrated. Should be a solid starter for his career, not some all-time great like some make him out to be

He's already a solid starter. What makes you feel that a 20 year old, who's been noted for his work ethic and being grounded, will not improve at all?
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,188

Post#1237 » by tsherkin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:34 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:

He's already a solid starter. What makes you feel that a 20 year old, who's been noted for his work ethic and being grounded, will not improve at all?

That's not what he said at all, don't fire up strawman arguments here. He said he isn't and not likely to be an ATG, not that he wouldn't improve from where he is now.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#1238 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:34 pm

I love his attitude and the fact that the NBA doesn't seem to big for him, not easy for a 19/20 year old coming from overseas. One thing that struck me in the scouting videos before the draft is that he didn't seem to shy away from contact, even if he was skinnier than a lot of guys on the court. I thought that was a really good sign at the time.

How is his high post game right now? That seems like where he'd be most effective, based on his height, build, and ball skills.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#1239 » by CoreyGallagher » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 pm

AllanH20 wrote:The number of Sixers fans in here who try to **** on this kid at every opportunity is hilarious. You screwed up, get over it. And save your two page essay about how you are all happy with a fatter Al Jefferson who can't defend and is a black hole on offense.

Please cite these posts (by preferably quoting them), specifically. I've gone back 30 pages, until about mid-November and I haven't noticed any. Although, I have only been looking for posters with Sixers' logos beside their usernames.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#1240 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 pm

tsherkin wrote:
SmoothLefty21 wrote:

That's not what he said at all, don't fire up strawman arguments here. He said he isn't and not likely to be an ATG, not that he wouldn't improve from where he is now.

Just for discussion's sake- if he's a solid starter already right now (which most would probably agree), then being a solid starter for his career would imply (but not explicitly state) not much improvement- that was his point. But yeah sort of a strawman-

Return to The General Board