Would the West have turned out differently (Top 8 seeds)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,687

Re: Would the West have turned out differently (Top 8 seeds) 

Post#21 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:17 pm

clyde21 wrote:Yes, a team that didn't even make it out of the first round would've beaten (a historically great) Warriors team. :lol:

This doesn't have to mean anything in the west (losing in the first round).
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,158

Post#22 » by og15 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:58 pm

gmoney411 wrote::noway:
mischievous wrote:
BigBennett2013 wrote:Yeah Spurs had the Warriors number, Spurs would have took the Warriors out

This is a myth. The Spurs were too banged up to beat this Warriors team, and besides they lost to a Clippers team that was clearly worse than the Warriors. The Warriors depth along with Curry would've overwhelmed the Spurs.

It's far from a myth. The banged up Spurs battled a really good Clippers team. A team that was favored to win the finals before choking away a 3-1 lead against Houston partly because they ran out of gas. I'm not saying the Spurs would have beaten the Warriors but it's a legitimate belief.

Lol, what?
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Re: Re: Re: Would the West have turned out differently (Top 8 seeds) 

Post#23 » by gmoney411 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 am

Manute Lol wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote: by who?

Warriors were the favourites all through the playoffs.

Sports books. Depending on which one you used some had the Clippers favored after going up 3-1 and the Warriors down 2-1.

So what you're saying is that some people thought they were the favorites for a couple of days. Ok.

Yep. They were a good team that ran out of energy/choked.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,788

Post#24 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:51 am

Warriors still win.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
The_Didact_117
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,465

Re: Re: Would the West have turned out differently (Top 8 seeds) 

Post#25 » by The_Didact_117 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:01 am

NBAfan3024 wrote:
mischievous wrote:This is a myth. The Spurs were too banged up to beat this Warriors team, and besides they lost to a Clippers team that was clearly worse than the Warriors. The Warriors depth along with Curry would've overwhelmed the Spurs.

It's far from a myth. The banged up Spurs battled a really good Clippers team. A team that was favored to win the finals before choking away a 3-1 lead against Houston partly because they ran out of gas. I'm not saying the Spurs would have beaten the Warriors but it's a legitimate belief.
ha no they weren't

Nobody would of favoured them over warriors.

Spurs played and looked very old in that clippers series. There's a reason they needed to upgrade their roster this year and did it well.

Warriors were by far the best team in the West this year and no seedings wouldn't of changed the end result.

Dubs were definitely the favorites in every match up but come on. I take issue with the old statement. The oldest dude on the Spurs roster took it to DPOY candidate DeAndre Jordan every night. The reason the Spurs lost was because their young players, Green for the entire series except Game 7 and Leonard post-Game 4, crapped the bed. Parker looked incredibly bad I will say that. But they definitely didn't look "old" vs. the Clippers. TP looked mentally shook and Green/Leonard played like crap while our best defensive big tore his vagina two weeks before the playoffs. Call us what you will, but can we stop with the old narrative
Sic Parvis Magna
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Re: Re: Re: Would the West have turned out differently (Top 8 seeds) 

Post#26 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:16 am

The_Didact_117 wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:

ha no they weren't

Nobody would of favoured them over warriors.

Spurs played and looked very old in that clippers series. There's a reason they needed to upgrade their roster this year and did it well.

Warriors were by far the best team in the West this year and no seedings wouldn't of changed the end result.

Dubs were definitely the favorites in every match up but come on. I take issue with the old statement. The oldest dude on the Spurs roster took it to DPOY candidate DeAndre Jordan every night. The reason the Spurs lost was because their young players, Green for the entire series except Game 7 and Leonard post-Game 4, crapped the bed. Parker looked incredibly bad I will say that. But they definitely didn't look "old" vs. the Clippers. TP looked mentally shook and Green/Leonard played like crap while our best defensive big tore his vagina two weeks before the playoffs. Call us what you will, but can we stop with the old narrative
parker and manu looked very old..Duncan wasn't however.

By old they looked very slow as a unit and couldn't keep up with the far quicker clippers team.
The_Didact_117
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,465

Post#27 » by The_Didact_117 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:24 am

Did we watch the same series? I felt like it was a pretty evenly matched battle that was literally down to the last possession in Game 7. I don't recall the Spurs not being able to keep up with the Clippers quickness at all really. I do remember Parker bricking wide open layups, Green missing everything, and Leonard disappearing after looking like the Finals MVP in the first 3 games while the Clippers seemed to run out of gas frequently and get bailed out by Paul's clutch shooting or Griffin. I also remember Pop making one of the dumbest coaching mistakes of his career and fouling Jordan intentionally after being up 10 in Game 6. But I don't remember the Spurs struggling to keep up with a much quicker squad.
Sic Parvis Magna

Return to The General Board