Hornets

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

aad
Starter
And1: 463

Hornets 

Post#1 » by aad » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:40 am

What do yall think of them hornets did they do enough this offseason to make the playoffs they added
batum
Lamb
Hawes
Lin
Frank the tank
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Re: Hornets 

Post#2 » by MitchellUK » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:56 am

I like the moves they made. Plenty of depth on the roster now, but still no standout talent. Lots of good players, no great ones. They should definitely challenge for a playoff spot, but I don't see them doing anything spectacular.
MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,615

Post#3 » by MoMan24 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:11 am

MKG and Batum playing together will be interesting. But they always were a bad 3 point shooting team and probably will be again a bottom team in that regard. I see them struggling to score again this season so they better be a really good defensive team if they want to make the playoffs.
Clevelander
Junior
And1: 244

Post#4 » by Clevelander » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:12 am

They made some pretty decent moves, but no real game changers. They should be competing for the 8th seed.
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#5 » by Barnzy » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:14 am

I think trading Vonleh will come back to haunt them. He's only 19.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,034

Post#6 » by JDR720 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:30 am

MoMan24 wrote:MKG and Batum playing together will be interesting. But they always were a bad 3 point shooting team and probably will be again a bottom team in that regard. I see them struggling to score again this season so they better be a really good defensive team if they want to make the playoffs.

If Clifford cant manage to get this team an average offense he should be fired, this roster probably has the most offensive players we have had in a long time.
cbk41
Junior
And1: 230

Post#7 » by cbk41 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:33 am

I hope to see them do well. Hornets have had some of my favorite players growing up.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#8 » by improvisor » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:08 am

I like that the GM focused on 3pt shooting since I'm sure last season the Hornets wasn't great at. I see them as a playoff team if either Kemba get back to being semi efficient like a few years ago or if they put a more efficient PG in there to start.
Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Post#9 » by Austincys21 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:35 am

They're still bad. I feel Al is unhappy. Batum is a solid get but he won't make them much better. Frank I don't think will be anything great. Bottom 10 team again
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,193

Post#10 » by Frank Dux » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:43 am

Lin, Lamb and Hawes are scrubs. Batum has been a good player In the past, and Frank is a rookie.

This team didn't add much.
Moahst
Senior
And1: 650

Post#11 » by Moahst » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:46 am

Barnzy wrote:I think trading Vonleh will come back to haunt them. He's only 19.

Sorry Portland fans, but I think the Hornets might have seen something they really didn't like with Vonleh. Reminiscent of the Thomas Robinson trades (all of them?).
youOK
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#12 » by youOK » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:55 am

Moahst wrote:
Barnzy wrote:I think trading Vonleh will come back to haunt them. He's only 19.

Sorry Portland fans, but I think the Hornets might have seen something they really didn't like with Vonleh. Reminiscent of the Thomas Robinson trades (all of them?).

I think Vonleh is the exact opposite of a thomas robinson. Robinson is basically an undersized center, where as Vonleh has range on his shot, good handles for his size and good athleticism. The problem with Vonleh is he has absolutely no awareness on the court, he always seems to look super lost defensively. Vonleh may bust but I think he certainly still has potential.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#13 » by TKainZero » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:30 am

aad wrote:What do yall think of them hornets did they do enough this offseason to make the playoffs they added
batum
Lamb
Hawes
Lin
Frank the tank

When you lay it out like that, it doesn't look good.

Batum has already peaked on his career and is now declining. He was secretly not that good last year a half

Lamb just isn't good. He couldn't hit open shots of the double team durrant and Westbrook drew.

Hawes is a stiff who can shoot a bit. I know after biayambo you will swing the other way and want tall and can shoot, but hawes isn't going to be big

Lin... I don't know what to say. Maybe he can be good as a spark plug off the bench. He's back on the east now...

Frank the tank...
We will see. But top end I see a nice role player at a big spot who can stretch the floor. Can he ever be a starter? Did they really turn down that many picks?
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
MVP Kawhi
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#14 » by MVP Kawhi » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:36 am

Still will struggle to get a playoff spot in a weak Eastern conference

Cheers
ckman
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#15 » by ckman » Mon Aug 3, 2015 9:29 am

Love how Lakers fans calling Hornets a bad team and full of scrubs. Pretty sure they will have a better win/lose record than the Lakers. Having Batum and Lin to share the offensive load it's definitely going to help Kemba, i expect him to have a much efficient season. There's also report that Al is having a diet course this offseason, if he manage to lose a few pounds, it's going to help his game and stay injury free. I expect the Hornets fighting for a playoff seed at the end of the season. Best case would be a 2nd round exit, cant see them get any further
Hachmabash
Junior
And1: 216

Post#16 » by Hachmabash » Mon Aug 3, 2015 9:58 am

I still dont like the Bobcats.
However, one move I´m truly excited about is getting Lamb and reuniting him with Kemba Walker. Those two guys complimented each other like no one I ever saw before (I saw better pairs, but those two really fit together perfectly).
If Lamb has at least some NBA talent and will find it, I can see Bobcats becoming Hornets. Yes, only because of those two.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,087

Post#17 » by tcheco » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:24 pm

ckman wrote:Love how Lakers fans calling Hornets a bad team and full of scrubs. Pretty sure they will have a better win/lose record than the Lakers. Having Batum and Lin to share the offensive load it's definitely going to help Kemba, i expect him to have a much efficient season. There's also report that Al is having a diet course this offseason, if he manage to lose a few pounds, it's going to help his game and stay injury free. I expect the Hornets fighting for a playoff seed at the end of the season. Best case would be a 2nd round exit, cant see them get any further

well... they can call you team bad, and still agree that they will be better than the lakers.
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#18 » by countryboi » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:36 pm

this team is greatly improved over last season and should be a middle of the pack team in the east, the biggest worry is the post defense its going to be just awful
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,353

Post#19 » by Bishop45 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm not certain how feel about them, acquisition of Lin wasn't bad (he's decent back-up) but I'm not fond of Kemba/Kamisky playing big minutes. Lamb/Batum is interesting as well... just too much in the unknown right now to tell
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#20 » by NTB » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:03 pm

Still low 3pt shooting.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.

Return to The General Board