Who got best future in the East?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who got best future in East

Poll ended at Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:22 am

Orlando Magic
29%
Milwaukee Bucks
53%
Philadelphia 76ers
10%
Boston Celtics
9%

Total votes: 256

ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Who got best future in the East? 

Post#1 » by ImChillin01 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:22 am

Orlando Magic
Payton-Oladipo-Harris-Gordon-Vucevic

SG Hezonja
SG Fournier
PF Nicholson

Milwaukee Bucks
MCW-Middleton-Parker-Giannis-Monroe

C Henson
SG Vaughn
SF Inglis
PG Ennis

Philadelphia 76ers
Wroten-Stauskas-Covington-Noel-Okafor

C Embiid
SF Grant
SG Thompson
PF Holmes

Boston Celtics
Smart-Bradley-Turner-Lee-Zeller

PF Sullinger
PF Olynyk
PG Rozier
SG Hunter
SG Young
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Re: Who got best future in East? 

Post#2 » by NikolaPekovic » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:29 am

1. Bucks - Two guys who could become superstars or perennial all stars at the very least. Good coach. Solid roster.

2. Magic - All around solid roster of fiery competitors who play both ways. As of now there are no superstars which is required to be a top tier team, but they have a good chance someone develops into something great.

3. Sixers - Could move up or down depending on next years draft. Too early to tell. But as of now their assets are probably worth more than Boston's whole roster.

4. Boston - Their coach is the only thing they have going for them as of now. Mediocre team with a bunch of spare parts. No all-star talent. Need to balance out the roster before I consider them a threat.
Ponchos
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,775

Post#3 » by Ponchos » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:50 am

The grammar in your title is sh*t. It should be "Who got DA best future in DA East".
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#4 » by Silver Man » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:00 am

Absolutely love the Bucks future with Giannis and Parker leading the way and Kidd at the helm is excellent as well. Followed by the Magic then the Sixers which with these threads always brings up the disappointment I have with Embiid's health so far in his NBA career. So unfortunate. Celtics are a bit down from the other three in terms of future, but huge Stevens fan.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#5 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:05 am

Bucks for sure
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#6 » by jwise44 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:07 am

I want to say Orlando because I love Payton (everyone in my family is from Louisiana except me) and I also love dipo

But my brain says Milwaukee THEN Orlando

But the other teams can make trades
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#7 » by Wolfy1983 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:15 am

Titles can be edited, right?
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
ImChillin01
Banned User

Post#8 » by ImChillin01 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:09 am

Ponchos wrote:The grammar in your title is sh*t. It should be "Who got DA best future in DA East".

I'll do one
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Who got best future in the East? 

Post#9 » by GimmeDat » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 am

1. Bucks
2. Magic
3. Sixers
4. Celtics

Bucks have exciting high end talent; Parker could become an elite scorer in this league, Giannis is an impact all-rounder with a high ceiling he continues to grow into, and Middleton is an elite role player. They have contender potential in a few years if they make the right moves, imo.

Orlando have a lot of awesome, likable young guys, but no really elite prospects. That said, there's an abundance of talent on the roster, and all it takes is one guy to take the leap. Payton/Oladipo/Harris/Vucevic is an exciting core as it is, but to add Hezonja and a much improved Aaron Gordon makes them really exciting. I think they can develop into a 3/4 seed. On a personal note, I really dislike building around defensively poor C's, so that turns me off them moving forward with Vuc a bit.

Sixers have a lot of question marks, but they look to be set in the front-court for the next decade regardless of Embiid's situation. They've acquired a lot of good minor talents, a few of which should develop into future pieces, and of course it's worth remembering they're still awaiting Saric from Europe who I really like, and on top of that they should get another top pick next year. They've got a lot of holes to fill but right now they don't have a lot of definitive core pieces, so you can't rate them too highly (especially when they've been in tanking purgatory for so long now, which is a concern).

The Celtics greatest asset is Brad Stevens. They have a lot of minor asset's and young players, but they're an overperforming young group without much potential for further internal growth. They need to aggressively pursue a high level player or pick with all their minor pieces in order to avoid overpaying role players and finding themselves on the treadmill (at best).
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#10 » by PlayerUp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:47 am

Why are only 4 teams included in the poll if it's about the entire East?

The team with the best future in the East is the Cleveland Cavs as they're favorites to win the East this season and beyond unless things change which they will for all teams.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:02 pm

If talking about the future, I would include what the teams are expected to have in the future, based upon current assets. Philly having an expected 4 1st round draft picks next year should be a part (along with swap options), as we are talking only 1 year away.

I also would probably switch both:
SF Grant
SG Hollis-Thompson

to:
SF Covington
SG Stauskas

Stauskas is less clear cut, but I think he gets that opportunity.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#12 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Rather swap out Boston and put the Wizards in there since we're talking about future.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
whitesideformip
Junior
And1: 228

Post#13 » by whitesideformip » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:48 pm

ImChillin01 wrote:SG Hollis-Thompson

HartfordWhalers wrote:SG Hollis-Thompson

Why is Hollis-Thompson hyphenated? His name is just Hollis Thompson.
Ain't nobody respect my opinion on this damn forum :noway:
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#14 » by Masterfully » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Detroit. With Jackson, Drummond and Johnson they are ready to make a big jump very soon.
ImChillin01
Banned User

Post#15 » by ImChillin01 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:55 pm

whitesideformip wrote:
ImChillin01 wrote:SG Hollis-Thompson

HartfordWhalers wrote:SG Hollis-Thompson

Why is Hollis-Thompson hyphenated? His name is just Hollis Thompson.

Got him mixed with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#16 » by tiderulz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:35 pm

NikolaPekovic wrote:1. Bucks - Two guys who could become superstars or perennial all stars at the very least. Good coach. Solid roster.

2. Magic - All around solid roster of fiery competitors who play both ways. As of now there are no superstars which is required to be a top tier team, but they have a good chance someone develops into something great.

3. Sixers - Could move up or down depending on next years draft. Too early to tell. But as of now their assets are probably worth more than Boston's whole roster.

4. Boston - Their coach is the only thing they have going for them as of now. Mediocre team with a bunch of spare parts. No all-star talent. Need to balance out the roster before I consider them a threat.

as of now, there is no superstar on the Bucks team either.
DoubleLintendre
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,621

Post#17 » by DoubleLintendre » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:41 pm

The Magic's future is underrated, I think they have similar immediate upside as the Bucks. Magic's squad isn't as innately talented as the Buck's roster. They've got some intriguing pieces though.

The 76ers have a good long term outlook but they've got so much work left to do building the roster/developing talent we won't be able to know for sure how great the team can be as a finished product. Celtics didn't make a big splash this off-season with their drafting and trades.

I just read somewhere Ainge is considering making a big move, I'd like to see how that story develops. Boston has a good system in place they just need better high-upside talent.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#18 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:54 pm

tiderulz wrote:
NikolaPekovic wrote:1. Bucks - Two guys who could become superstars or perennial all stars at the very least. Good coach. Solid roster.

3. Sixers - Could move up or down depending on next years draft. Too early to tell. But as of now their assets are probably worth more than Boswston's whole roster.

as of now, there is no superstar on the Bucks team either.

That's why the "could" is important.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#19 » by dockingsched » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Celtics probably don't even need to be part of the poll/discussion
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#20 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Bucks
Celtics
Magic
Sixers
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.

Return to The General Board