Bill Simmons vs Clips organization

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,366

Re: Bill Simmons vs Clips organization 

Post#61 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:02 pm

marcush wrote:Lol, so now Bill will get credit for the story without even having to have the courage to write it himself.

He might as well write it after those tweets. I doubt he is going to have much access to the Clippers anyway after tweeting all that.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,366

Post#62 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:04 pm

tayottt wrote:Who cares? it's Bill Simmons. I don't doubt that there may be strange/bad things going on behind the scenes....but who cares? Write the piece or keep quiet. If it comes to light then we can care.

He can't write the piece. He is under contract with ESPN until September 30th and can't write anything. Can't even do is over/under NFL podcasts with Cousin Sal.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#63 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:07 pm

It's more surprising when bill says something nice about the clippers.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#64 » by F N 11 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:31 pm

How did he ever get popular? I just remember him bashing my knicks every chance he got.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#65 » by F N 11 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Oh wait I take that back.... He did throw shots at my knicks. Whats new. Isnt he a Celtic fan?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/636279360706600960[/tweet]
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#66 » by Zombiesonics » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 pm

nobody remembers those ridiculous podcasts throughout the year where simmons would claim dysfunction based on body language? "something is going on with that team!" he's had a hard on for the clippers for some time now, a lot of that has to do with his history of buying tickets and his notorious spat with rivers on national tv. Simmons isn't even a good basketball writer his protege has him beat
Minnesotadrake
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#67 » by Minnesotadrake » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Bill Simmons didn't mention the wolves as most dysfunctional or honorable mention? YAYYY!!!! I'm so glad he's stopped talking about KAHNNNNNNNNNN!!!
bringWallyBack
Junior
And1: 310

Post#68 » by bringWallyBack » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Can someone update me, I'm not a big Simmons fan but I remember the Clippers being pretty much his second favorite team behind the Celtics, what happened?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#69 » by Froob » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:46 pm

What has Balmer done? Honestly don't know. Doc is the man in charge as far as I know. Unless Balmer has been involved in Doc's terrible decisions not sure what to bash him for. Not defending Balmer just want to hear some arguments against him.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#70 » by sonictecture » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:51 pm

bringWallyBack wrote:Can someone update me, I'm not a big Simmons fan but I remember the Clippers being pretty much his second favorite team behind the Celtics, what happened?

As an outsider this is a case of Bill Simmons as a long time basketball fan and observer being able to identify dysfunction in the Clipper's organization that long suffering Clipper fans don't even see as they have no frame of reference.

It may not mean anything as teams overcome dysfunction all of the time, but there is enough evidence to support the claims.
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#71 » by sonictecture » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Froob wrote:What has Balmer done? Honestly don't know. Doc is the man in charge as far as I know. Unless Balmer has been involved in Doc's terrible decisions not sure what to bash him for. Not defending Balmer just want to hear some arguments against him.

First and foremost Ballmer extended Doc as one of his first acts as owner. There was no evaluation period per say, he just went with his gut.

Let's see what happens based on what Doc was able to do this offseason.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,159

Post#72 » by GuyverX » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:51 pm

sonictecture wrote:
bringWallyBack wrote:Can someone update me, I'm not a big Simmons fan but I remember the Clippers being pretty much his second favorite team behind the Celtics, what happened?

As an outsider this is a case of Bill Simmons as a long time basketball fan and observer being able to identify dysfunction in the Clipper's organization that long suffering Clipper fans don't even see as they have no frame of reference.

It may not mean anything as teams overcome dysfunction all of the time, but there is enough evidence to support the claims.

lmao, you're meaning to tell me Bill Simmons is somehow more perceptive than the fans who have been following the team for decades? Just because he catches games live once in a while because he was a season ticket holder? Believe me, we know when our team is about to implode. We've seen it and called it throughout the years. We knew guys like Andre Miller considered being on the Clippers a form of punishment. When Lamar Odom says this is basketball hell, we know what type of environment they work in. The current shape of the team right now is at an all time high. Players actually want to come here. Players actually want to re-sign. Doc Rivers is perhaps in over his head as both GM and coach but the team itself has never been stronger.

I can understand if he has inside information or has a mole in the organization updating him on the drama or so called "dysfuncation." But giving him any credibility to his accusations just because he's a long time "basketball fan and observer" is silly. He tweets out anything that would make the Clippers look bad in any way. Griffin spitting on the floor, bad body language, etc. He's a social media parasite.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,554

Post#73 » by Capn'O » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 pm

wickedwrister wrote:
NinjaSheppard wrote:His hatred for the Clippers is reaching embarrassing levels

yeah I am sure Nets fans wouldn't trade their situation for the Clippers situation. Having a 55+ win team that is a contender and that has 2 top 10 players is awful.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/636279360706600960[/tweet]

I was feeling left out. Glad he could clarify.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Ponchos
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,775

Post#74 » by Ponchos » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:58 pm

JayKnicKz11 wrote:How did he ever get popular? I just remember him bashing my knicks every chance he got.

Doesn't every national basketball reporter bash the knicks? Also, the past 15 years of knicks history has a plethora of things that are well deserving of mockery.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#75 » by Nebula1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:00 pm

GuyverX wrote:
sonictecture wrote:

lmao, you're meaning to tell me Bill Simmons is somehow more perceptive than the fans who have been following the team for decades? Just because he catches games live once in a while because he was a season ticket holder? Believe me, we know when our team is about to implode. We've seen it and called it throughout the years. We knew guys like Andre Miller considered being on the Clippers a form of punishment. When Lamar Odom says this is basketball hell, we know what type of environment they work in. The current shape of the team right now is at an all time high. Players actually want to come here. Players actually want to re-sign. Doc Rivers is perhaps in over his head as both GM and coach but the team itself has never been stronger.

I can understand if he has inside information or has a mole in the organization updating him on the drama or so called "dysfuncation." But giving him any credibility to his accusations just because he's a long time "basketball fan and observer" is silly. He tweets out anything that would make the Clippers look bad in any way. Griffin spitting on the floor, bad body language, etc. He's a social media parasite.

Doc has had a really strong offseason imo. The Clippers look ready to make a true run at the throne.
Tinseltown
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,917

Post#76 » by Tinseltown » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:55 pm

I'm not sure how anyone could look at the Clippers new logo and think that it's a well run organization
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#77 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:32 pm

First off, how does saying an organization is dysfunctional mean you are a hater? There are tons of Knicks fans who don't like Dolan, does it mean they are haters of their own team? If Simmons came out and said Griffin is a bum and Paul will never get out of the 2nd round, go ahead and get defensive, but calling him a hater because he shed any sort of negative light on a team is hilarious. It's the go to argument against Simmons, he hates my team and he is a Boston homer.

Secondly, of course Simmons has inside sources. It is well known he is friends with Daryl Morey. There are a ton of avenues for him to get inside information.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
perik777
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#78 » by perik777 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:46 am

[http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060407][/url]

In this articule Simmons tells why he decided to be a clippers ticket holder.it from 2004 if i remember

Return to The General Board