Hassan Whiteside & Draymond Green going at it on Twitter.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Manute Lol
Sixth Man
And1: 2,252

Re: Hassan Whiteside & Draymond Green going at it on Twitter. 

Post#161 » by Manute Lol » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:11 pm

yungsin1 wrote:
Manute Lol wrote:
Makaveli DaDon wrote:
Which team before Miami won a championship playing small ball? I'll wait.

The 1998 Bulls, smart guy.

Don't believe me? Check out Chicago's playoff minutes played that postseason, and compare it to last year's Warriors. I'll make it easy for you:

- in the 1998 playoffs, Luc Longley was a distant 6th in minutes for the Bulls. He started 16 of 21 games, and played 456 total minutes. Of the Bulls' top 5 guys in minutes, the closest thing to a "big man" (in spite of Toni Kukoc's height) was Dennis Rodman.

- in the 2015 playoffs, Andrew Bogut was a distant 6th in minutes for Golden state. He started 18 of 21 games, and played 440 total minutes. Of the Warriors' top 5 guys in minutes, the closest thing to a "big man" was Draymond Green.

How old are you? LOL @ the 98 bulls being a small ball team. I think you need to go on youtube and re watch some games they have on there.

Lol at Heat fans thinking your team invented anything besides superfriends free agency circle-jerks.

Since you seem to fail at basic math, I'll help you out here.

- out of 5090 total playoff minutes among all players, the 1998 Chicago Bulls played their centers (Longley and Wennington) exactly 575 minutes - 11.3% of the total. 20% would mean that there was a center on the floor basically all of the time, so you figure out for yourself what 11.3% indicates.

- for the roughly half of the time that those Bulls didn't play a nominal center in those playoffs, the only "big" they had on the floor was either Rodman or Dickey Simpkins, a 6'9" journeyman PF whose main job was to be five fouls off the bench. Their nominal PF in the no-center lineups was Kukoc, who was a three-point-shooting "stretch 4" before the term became popular.

- that Chicago team almost completely ignored its bigs (including Rodman) on offense. Longley, Rodman, et al. basically never posted up. Their only real role was to clean the offensive boards (and Rodman ran a bit).

----------------------------

That Chicago team fielded not only a prototypical small ball lineup, but the prototypical small ball lineup. It's clear enough why a dim Heat fan might not want to see that team for what it was, but your ignorance of the truth doesn't make it any less true.
antistrat wrote:What Golden State isn't realizing is that their offense has been neutralized. It isn't coming back. Cleveland is too long, too athletic, too fast, too gritty and too smart as a team.

Return to The General Board