Rose accused of drugging and raping Ex-GF

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Re: Rose accused of drugging and raping Ex-GF 

Post#181 » by Heat_team02 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Will Rose be filing a counter suit for defamation? He almost has to now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,826

Post#182 » by The Sebastian Express » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:54 pm

young_frogger wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:What took so long if this is true..hmm

I know, right? It's almost like sexual assault has a huge psychological impact on victims, a large chunk of society blames the victim for being assaulted, denounces them immediately, calls them gold diggers or obvious liars based on some brief information they read in a news report. It isn't as though the thread isn't filled with those exact situations happening.

Look. I'm not saying Rose assaulted this girl. No one knows that except her, him and any actual witnesses. In an ideal world a justice system would help us come to a concrete decision. But to act as if some delayed time between assault and accusations/charges is some light bulb moment of "AH, TOO MUCH TIME, MUST BE LYING!" is to undermine and dismiss the rather real and complex realities of a sexual assault victim. It will strip almost everything from you. Trust is shattered, you feel vile and as if parts of you have been stripped and torn away, often like you can't ever be clean. It's hard to talk about it to anyone because the amount of family and friends who blame the victim can be staggering. Let alone going to the police or speaking about it in public. Many of you act like she should have gone to the hospital immediately. Yes, in a perfect and ideal world this would happen. Yet in the world in which we live- a reality in where I assume some of you can empathize with the pain of others despite some horrific comments here - do you think you'd be able to go and get probed, prodded, touched, penetrated and relive the horrors with complete strangers immediately after what happened to you? It doesn't get easier right away, either.

However, if you want people in a position to be able to report these assaults after they happen, maybe try molding a more fair and empathetic society. I doubt you'll find many sexual assault victims who read these kind of responses who feel encouraged to go report the crime committed against them. But then again, I don't think many of you actually want them to feel safe. I think many of you want to make cruel, heinous comments which you think are edgy, clever and playing devil's advocate behind the safety of anonymity. But those of you are not edgy or clever, though. Those of you are sad and I extend my own empathy to those in your life and hope none of them have been sexually assaulted - though the odds would not be kind in this regard.

I thank the few of you who are speaking up about the realities of sexual assault, the effect it has on its victims, how wealth does not magically make someone not sexually assault and the truth about victim blaming which permeates our society.

So you think 'speaking up about the realities of sexual assaults' means presuming that the accuser is always telling the truth? Because it is just as ignorant to pretend that there aren't false accusers out there looking for a payday while ignoring the adverse consequences innocent people may have to face, potential jail time in addition to serious financial consequences, and even if found not-guilty, they're faced with the inevitable slandering of their reputations. Acknowledging this while being skeptical of an incredibly dubious claim does not make us bad people or non-sympathetic to actual rape victims, it makes us logical human beings, so get off your high horse. There are plenty of people here including myself who have met real rape victims, and people who were wrongfully accused. There are always two sides to the coin. 2 years is a long time, whether or not you want to acknowledge that is on you but it reduces the strength of her claim, that's just the way things work. No-one is denying that it is possible she is telling the truth, but she hasn't given us any reason whatsoever to believe her.

Where did I say that? Where did I say there weren't false accusers? I didn't say either of those.

There are obviously false accusers, as there are with any criminal situation. It's unfortunate and people who false accuse, if they are of age, should be prosecuted. I think there should be support for victims of false accusations and as a society we should do a better job of helping them keep their reputation and not allowing the stigma be attached to them. We should put in better support systems for them, as we should for people who are sexually assaulted.

You're free to think I'm on a high horse, but that's quite a simple way of trying to wash away the context of many of the responses in this thread (and of people who victim blame in general) which led to my response. Please, be skeptical. I even said I don't know if Rose assaulted this woman. I cannot know. You cannot know. I don't have the full information and neither do you. I don't pass judgment on him and I don't pass judgment on her. It'll likely be a long process and it'll be facts and people who aren't us who decide whether this happened. But many comments in this thread, the ones to which my response was formed, have already decided she's a liar. She's a gold digger. Not so subtle comments and reactions suggesting unsavory things about this woman they've never met based on a few snippets of a 'report' from tmz and people who just 'can't believe' that Rose would 'ever act like that' because 'man, he's rich, why would he need to'? This isn't being skeptical, it's already saying it's false. There's a significant difference between the two. I'm glad you think there are plenty of people here who have met real sexual assault victims, but based on the responses I feel for those victims and how people here would've responded to them.

Two years is a long time, yes, but empathy and a fundamental understanding of how society treats sexual assault victims would allow you to recognize why a great number of sexual assault victims wait a long period of time before coming forward. If they do at all. Length of time should not suggest a person's allegation is less true. The facts and parts which make up the allegation should be the sole determination. If you cannot empathize or understand why sexual assault victims often wait - that is on you.
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,826

Post#183 » by The Sebastian Express » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:
NBAfan3024 wrote:What took so long if this is true..hmm

I know, right? It's almost like sexual assault has a huge psychological impact on victims, a large chunk of society blames the victim for being assaulted, denounces them immediately, calls them gold diggers or obvious liars based on some brief information they read in a news report. It isn't as though the thread isn't filled with those exact situations happening.

Look. I'm not saying Rose assaulted this girl. No one knows that except her, him and any actual witnesses. In an ideal world a justice system would help us come to a concrete decision. But to act as if some delayed time between assault and accusations/charges is some light bulb moment of "AH, TOO MUCH TIME, MUST BE LYING!" is to undermine and dismiss the rather real and complex realities of a sexual assault victim. It will strip almost everything from you. Trust is shattered, you feel vile and as if parts of you have been stripped and torn away, often like you can't ever be clean. It's hard to talk about it to anyone because the amount of family and friends who blame the victim can be staggering. Let alone going to the police or speaking about it in public. Many of you act like she should have gone to the hospital immediately. Yes, in a perfect and ideal world this would happen. Yet in the world in which we live- a reality in where I assume some of you can empathize with the pain of others despite some horrific comments here - do you think you'd be able to go and get probed, prodded, touched, penetrated and relive the horrors with complete strangers immediately after what happened to you? It doesn't get easier right away, either.

However, if you want people in a position to be able to report these assaults after they happen, maybe try molding a more fair and empathetic society. I doubt you'll find many sexual assault victims who read these kind of responses who feel encouraged to go report the crime committed against them. But then again, I don't think many of you actually want them to feel safe. I think many of you want to make cruel, heinous comments which you think are edgy, clever and playing devil's advocate behind the safety of anonymity. But those of you are not edgy or clever, though. Those of you are sad and I extend my own empathy to those in your life and hope none of them have been sexually assaulted - though the odds would not be kind in this regard.

I thank the few of you who are speaking up about the realities of sexual assault, the effect it has on its victims, how wealth does not magically make someone not sexually assault and the truth about victim blaming which permeates our society.

Just to note, according to Rose's spokesperson, these allegations have been going on for two years and "Jane Doe" is on her third lawyer. If true, the plaintiff using "embarrassment" as any type of explanation is a load of bull.

(That said, I obviously agree in general with your post in regards to PTSD)

Ah, thank you. I hadn't seen that part, but I was more concerned/agitated by the continued theme of posters here (whenever the topic of sexual assault comes up) to use it as an opportunity to be misogynistic and victim blame with horrific, awful comments.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#184 » by Ctownbulls » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:20 pm

complaint filed on the eve of the expiration of the statute of limitations
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Post#185 » by username_taken » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Just a side chick who couldn't get a baby for child support that wants to ca$h out on dating an NBA player
MrBaynes
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,863

Post#186 » by MrBaynes » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:38 pm

I don't pretend to know Rose or the woman and whether or not this is in either of their" nature". I will say though that this case will be extremely hard for her to win. Waiting 2 years due to shock and fear of embarrassment is understandable if true but also creates a situation where a rape kit was not completed and thus there is likely a lack of physical proof (even if she has DNA proof from Rose there is absolutely no way to confirm it was from the rape as they were in a consensual relationship for 2 years). In addition there is no toxicology report from the female that shows what was in her system around that time. There also are no witnesses to the actual event taking place, let alone credible ones. Everyone involved is either a defendant or accused (as is the case in most rape cases, I am not saying this is unique), the only potential witness is her friend who better have a compelling AND accurate story of the events of the night to persuade the judge.

Throw on top of the evidence (or lack thereof) the whole idea that resources you have at your disposal are often a greater indicator of your success at trial than your actions and I don't see this ending up well for the accuser.

Either way its an unfortunate story, either she was raped and the assailants will likely not be punished or Derrick Roses's character is being tarnished due to a gold digger.
Raptors1991
Rookie
And1: 1,487

Post#187 » by Raptors1991 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:02 pm

So uh, is this Rose @ 100%?
Credits to TZ
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#188 » by Heat_team02 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:30 pm

MrBaynes wrote:I don't pretend to know Rose or the woman and whether or not this is in either of their" nature". I will say though that this case will be extremely hard for her to win. Waiting 2 years due to shock and fear of embarrassment is understandable if true but also creates a situation where a rape kit was not completed and thus there is likely a lack of physical proof (even if she has DNA proof from Rose there is absolutely no way to confirm it was from the rape as they were in a consensual relationship for 2 years). In addition there is no toxicology report from the female that shows what was in her system around that time. There also are no witnesses to the actual event taking place, let alone credible ones. Everyone involved is either a defendant or accused (as is the case in most rape cases, I am not saying this is unique), the only potential witness is her friend who better have a compelling AND accurate story of the events of the night to persuade the judge.

Throw on top of the evidence (or lack thereof) the whole idea that resources you have at your disposal are often a greater indicator of your success at trial than your actions and I don't see this ending up well for the accuser.

Either way its an unfortunate story, either she was raped and the assailants will likely not be punished or Derrick Roses's character is being tarnished due to a gold digger.

Only way that goes the other way is if she has evidence that made the attorney take the case such as a recording device or iphone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#189 » by gino_giode » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 pm

I feel like if true, she really **** up not getting a toxicology report and rape kit done (at the very least test for STD's). She has no evidence other than her testimony right now. Doubt the police/courts get involved.
AwkwardDuck
Banned User
And1: 934

Post#190 » by AwkwardDuck » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:45 pm

You go out partying, getting wasted with a bunch of athletes n celebrities. Basically known as a "side hoe" around town. And you are going to say you were too "embarrassed" to come forward?

This is not true and just another petty golddigger finding any way for money after DRose cut her off.

I sure so hope it's not true. I know almost a whole generation of Chicago kids growing up idolizing him. Would be a shame.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,837

Post#191 » by Domejandro » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:51 pm

WiggOuts wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
WiggOuts wrote:I dont feel bad for either side in this situation. This is what money does to people. The rich feel above everyone and treat human beings like garbage. And some of these women are so obsessed with being around money and fame that they ignore obvious red flags that would send a sensible person running. Even if this is complete bull, neither Rose or Jane Doe are probably completely innocent. Rose must have done something pretty **** to even have these allegation thrown at him true or not, Karma always finds a way.

Whenever you hear these stories with lines like, "I dont remember anything of what happened, I only remember the part that will get me money"...How can you really feel bad for people. Its REALLY hard to believe that this girl didnt allow this to happen, she probably felt disgusted with herself after the fact and is now trying to make it look like it wasnt consensual. More than likely, she allowed 3 guys to gang rape her and recently had her moment of clarity...Being 2 years removed from living an extremely lavish
lifestyle can do wonders to people

Mate... I am somewhat unsure where to tackle this.

I am firmly of the opinion that I need substantial evidence more than a mere claim (I find the Ad Hominem attacks on the people who share my viewpoints rather disappointing), but I find your viewpoints somewhat absurd if I am being brutally honest. Even if money makes someone ignore red flags, this idea of deserved rape is rather insensitive in my opinion. Rape is an unjustifiable offense.

In contrast, the assumption that all men who obtain copious amounts of wealth treat others horribly (your part suggested that wealth can lead to rape) is equally as unfair. On top of this, stating that "Rose likely did something really ****" and that a false rape claim is how "karma always finds a way" is a pretty horrific concept of Justice. Unless he actually raped her, he does not, in anyway, deserve to be accused of rape; what you are suggesting completely undermines the concept of innocence!

With all respect to you, I whole-heartedly disagree with your stance on all accounts, I find it astonishingly unsympathetic to either party.

geez lighten up. You jumped to a whole lotta conclusions there my friend. If you feel so strongly, why not try to have your words heard by people who probably care, youre on a basketball forum. I love you high and mighty types, always looking for something to make you mildly uncomfortable so you can insist on telling everyone else how appalled you are...this is realgm, a basketball forum, nobody cares about your world views...most come here to laugh

Dude, I am quite possibly the furthest thing from a social justice warrior, my posts on page three and page seven will emphasize this. I am on the side of stating that this woman is likely a blatant liar (note the word likely), and have made statements that women (or men for that matter) who lie about rape should receive some form of legal repercussions. That said, I found your need to paint both people as bad in the situation rather unfair to all parties involved.

Did I jump to any conclusions? I at one point literally quoted your statements that justified the situation. :-?

The rich feel above everyone and treat human beings like garbage. And some of these women are so obsessed with being around money and fame that they ignore obvious red flags that would send a sensible person running.

This clearly infers that those that are rich feel that they feel that they have the right to treat people poorly which is simply an attack on status. I actually somewhat agree with the second sentence when it comes to society as a whole, but I feel given the context of a rape accusation it is too broad of a comment. This is a comment that should be made when someone is sleeping around or are a drug addict, not a bloody rapist.

Even if this is complete bull, neither Rose or Jane Doe are probably completely innocent. Rose must have done something pretty **** to even have these allegation thrown at him true or not, Karma always finds a way.

So he didn't rape her, but we can very clearly assume that he deserves the allegations because of some unstated thing that he did? This statement is what provoked my response, what the hell is this trying to claim? Assuming I am making a blatant misinterpretation (I am not, the statement is rather clear) this is legitimately one of the more absurd comments I have seen of this week and I was arguing with someone under a Laci Green video a couple days ago.

More than likely, she allowed 3 guys to gang rape her and recently had her moment of clarity...Being 2 years removed from living an extremely lavish
lifestyle can do wonders to people

I think she has some dodgy motives as well; though the phrasing is painfully harsh and unsympathetic, the premise is not something a fully disagree with.

she allowed 3 guys to gang rape her

I am nitpicking, but consensual rape is an oxymoron.

I have to say though, I have never actually been called out for looking for something to be uncomfortable about, I generally get chased away from forums for being to brazen of opinion; someone inferred that he pities the women of those who view my viewpoints, haha. That is irrelevant to my comments, but I just found it amusing and feel it should help paint the picture of how cringe-worthy the comments were.

Ignoring the ad hominem arguments, I am fully aware that my political statements are for the most part... unimportant on a basketball forum, but in turn there is an underlying irrelevance on all posts within the thread, haha, I am unsure what your point was with the statement.
LeChosen One
Banned User
And1: 465

Post#192 » by LeChosen One » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 pm

This is a joke. All lawsuits involving females accusing pro athletes of rape should get thrown out immediately.

Only thing these bitches want is money.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#193 » by SOUL » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:03 pm

LeChosen One wrote:This is a joke. All lawsuits involving females accusing pro athletes of rape should get thrown out immediately.

Yeah, never happens. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Animism
Junior
And1: 48

Post#194 » by Animism » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:09 pm

LeChosen One wrote:This is a joke. All lawsuits involving females accusing pro athletes of rape should get thrown out immediately.

Darren Sharper supports this message.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,837

Post#195 » by Domejandro » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Nobody even remotely rational has stated that, most are simply looking at probability, the likely-hood of her story, and have the opinion that substantial evidence must be shown to assume anything other than innocence.
MrBaynes
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,863

Post#196 » by MrBaynes » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:15 pm

coughcough**darrensharper**coughcough
coughcough**hollywoodhenderson**coughcough
coughcough**eddiejohnson**coughcough
coughcough**melvinhall**coughcough
coughcough**rubenpatterson**coughcough
coughcough**trevorberbick**coughcough
coughcough**miketyson**coughcough

all convicted.
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#197 » by chrismikayla » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:33 pm

My thoughts are this:

Having worked with adolescents who have been victims of sexual assault/abuse, it is a traumatic experience that many try to forget about entirely so they will not have to deal with the trauma. Couple that with the fact that many times the victim themselves will be put on trial for the world to see/judge, it's no wonder that many victims of sexual assault and/or abuse come out years after it occurred if ever at all. So basically it's not a good idea to judge a possible victim based on "why did it take x amount of years for them to come out?". And also we don't know if Rose is guilty until more facts come out regarding this but I hope it is not true.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,070

Post#198 » by og15 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 pm

As others have said, :banghead:

Btw, at times, possibly many times, rape is more about having power and control over someone else than sex in itself. So that's why it is incorrect for people to say "he's rich and can get many women, why would he do it". It isn't about getting a woman, at times it is about the power and control game.
BodieB
Veteran
And1: 3,339

Post#199 » by BodieB » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:39 pm

What are Rose's options if this turns out to be completely false? Defamation suit?
Lakers_Forever
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#200 » by Lakers_Forever » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:50 pm

According to what I read, the two were having consensual sex before these charges were brought, but Derrick Rose still needs to step up to the plate and realize that he is going to always be a target by young women and be smarter about his conduct and who he jumps into the bed with

Return to The General Board