Rose accused of drugging and raping Ex-GF

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Re: Rose accused of drugging and raping Ex-GF 

Post#201 » by Steelo Green » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Yeesh, the amount of people here who are misinformed and/or ignorant is appalling.

The defense tends to use the false stereotype of waiting to cash in (which actually isn't the case as another poster noted above) as the reason for the delay, when in fact there are so many reasons why people tend to not say anything.

The amount of women I know who have been sexually assaulted and/or harassed and simply do nothing, even with a great deal of pressure from their families due to the legal battle they have to go through, reliving the incident over and over again, the fear of losing, the fear of getting their story out within society so people will change their perception of them (wrongly) is alarmingly high.

Many women prefer to just let it go and move on and not think of it again, but some reach the point where they are at the brink and their minds cannot take it.

I am neither here nor there on this case as I do not have enough information to make a judgement, but those who are giving hyperbolic responses, with no information to go on need to do some research.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#202 » by zimpy27 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:12 am

RaptorsFTL wrote:The amount of women I know who have been sexually assaulted and/or harassed and simply do nothing.

What? How many do you know exactly? And how do you know?

Your statement makes it sound like it is a weirdly high number. And you're just talking about the ones than don't do anything. Please tell me you are a psychologist.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
EmperorLocky
Sixth Man
And1: 3,048

Post#203 » by EmperorLocky » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:32 am

Wish you couldn't sue for criminal actions against you if the alleged perpetrator hasn't been found guilty of it in a criminal court.

Bank Shot wrote:http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/26/derrick-rose-sued-for-gang-rape/

The plaintiff says she escaped the house with a friend, but later that night, Rose and his friends broke into her apartment and gang raped her while she was incapacitated.

Would love to hear more about this. So dramatic. I want to know details of the escape. Was Rose and his friends running around laughing hysterically as they tried to escape? Did they have to avoid blood thirsty dobermans during their escape? How did they break into her apartment? Did it involve blue prints of the building, secret tunnels and computer geniuses overriding alarms and cctv footage?
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#204 » by Steelo Green » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:38 am

zimpy27 wrote:
RaptorsFTL wrote:The amount of women I know who have been sexually assaulted and/or harassed and simply do nothing.

Your statement makes it sound like it is a weirdly high number. And you're just talking about the ones than don't do anything. Please tell me you are a psychologist.

Lawyer actually. And I have seen both sides.

Furthermore when you say weirdly high number, I mean assault/harassment but I do know quite a few of rapes through work and also at a personal level. It is actually unreported quite a bit unfortunately.
Zeb
Rookie
And1: 286

Post#205 » by Zeb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:29 am

EmperorLocky wrote:Wish you couldn't sue for criminal actions against you if the alleged perpetrator hasn't been found guilty of it in a criminal court.

Bank Shot wrote:http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/26/derrick-rose-sued-for-gang-rape/

The plaintiff says she escaped the house with a friend, but later that night, Rose and his friends broke into her apartment and gang raped her while she was incapacitated.

Would love to hear more about this. So dramatic. I want to know details of the escape. Was Rose and his friends running around laughing hysterically as they tried to escape? Did they have to avoid blood thirsty dobermans during their escape? How did they break into her apartment? Did it involve blue prints of the building, secret tunnels and computer geniuses overriding alarms and cctv footage?

From the complaint:

Upon information and belief, Defendants checked the front doors to Plaintiff's apartment complex and found on that was unlocked, as it often was left unlocked or "propped" open by various tenants. Defendants then proceeded to Jane's apartment, which was also routinely left unlocked.

She routinely leaves her door unlocked... in downtown LA.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#206 » by zimpy27 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:27 am

RaptorsFTL wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Furthermore when you say weirdly high number, I mean assault/harassment but I do know quite a few of rapes through work and also at a personal level. It is actually unreported quite a bit unfortunately.

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Did you ever get the impression that any were lying? Seems to me that it would be pretty uncommon, but I guess if there are people that are awful enough to rape others then there are people that are awful enough to lie about it. That being said, my girlfriend when I was 15 lied about being raped by some guy to get my attention. I chalk that up to immaturity, I don't know how much of a stretch it would take for someone like her to press charges or sue (seems like quite a moral gap).
Spankadelphia
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#207 » by Spankadelphia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:41 am

og15 wrote:
LeChosen One wrote:This is a joke. All lawsuits involving females accusing pro athletes of rape should get thrown out immediately.

Only thing these bitches want is money.

As others have said, :banghead:

Btw, at times, possibly many times, rape is more about having power and control over someone else than sex in itself. So that's why it is incorrect for people to say "he's rich and can get many women, why would he do it". It isn't about getting a woman, at times it is about the power and control game.

I've heard people say this for years, but I just don't understand the power angle from the rapist's perspective.. The vast majority of rape victims are attractive, physically fit young women between the ages of 15 and 25 - peak fertility. That suggests to me that sexual attraction must be a, if not the, primary factor in engaged non-consensual intercourse, particularly when the victim doesn't know her attacker. A woman has her power to choose who to mate with taken away when she is raped, so I can understand why a rape victim may feel that way. I'm just not sure power or domination are at the forefront of a rapist's mind when engaged in the act. The primary motivation is likely sexual - sociopathic and psychopathic tendencies lead them to take what they want without consideration for anyone else, especially the victim.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#208 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:46 am

zimpy27 wrote:
RaptorsFTL wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Did you ever get the impression that any were lying? Seems to me that it would be pretty uncommon, but I guess if there are people that are awful enough to rape others then there are people that are awful enough to lie about it. That being said, my girlfriend when I was 15 lied about being raped by some guy to get my attention. I chalk that up to immaturity, I don't know how much of a stretch it would take for someone like her to press charges or sue (seems like quite a moral gap).

From studies, about 2/3rds aren't reported to the cops, so its pretty common to go that way.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
EntropyPR
Banned User
And1: 2,381

Post#209 » by EntropyPR » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:43 am

RightToCensor wrote:
EntropyPR wrote:
AIfan3 wrote:Is this the same Derrick Rose that had someone else take his SAT and failed the ACT three times ?

Are you comparing cheating on a test... to drugging and gang raping a woman? If not, then I don't get why bring his SAT stuff up. If you are... then you are one ignorant person.

It doesn't take a crazed psycho to want to gang rape a women you're close to. All you have to be is really horny and really drunk.

It's not like Derrick Rose doesn't have a past of doing the immature thing.

What? Actually it does take a crazed pyscho to want to actually do that... or do you want to gang rape women you're close too?

And doing immature things is one thing, gang raping someone is another. You my friend are either a sick individual based on your first comment, and a moron based on the second one.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#210 » by zimpy27 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:54 am

bondom34 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
RaptorsFTL wrote:

Ah ok, that makes sense.

From studies, about 2/3rds aren't reported to the cops, so its pretty common to go that way.

Just because it's not reported to cops, doesn't mean that it is common that they are lying.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,082

Post#211 » by og15 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:57 am

Spankadelphia wrote:
og15 wrote:
LeChosen One wrote:This is a joke. All lawsuits involving females accusing pro athletes of rape should get thrown out immediately.

Only thing these bitches want is money.

As others have said, :banghead:

Btw, at times, possibly many times, rape is more about having power and control over someone else than sex in itself. So that's why it is incorrect for people to say "he's rich and can get many women, why would he do it". It isn't about getting a woman, at times it is about the power and control game.

I've heard people say this for years, but I just don't understand the power angle from the rapist's perspective.. The vast majority of rape victims are attractive, physically fit young women between the ages of 15 and 25 - peak fertility. That suggests to me that sexual attraction must be a, if not the, primary factor in engaged non-consensual intercourse, particularly when the victim doesn't know her attacker. A woman has her power to choose who to mate with taken away when she is raped, so I can understand why a rape victim may feel that way. I'm just not sure power or domination are at the forefront of a rapist's mind when engaged in the act. The primary motivation is likely sexual - sociopathic and psychopathic tendencies lead them to take what they want without consideration for anyone else, especially the victim.

Yes, not all, but at times, it is the case. This doesn't mean the sexual aspect is devoid from it, since it isn't old ladies being raped. With someone who doesn't "need" to rape anyone to get sex, which is the case being presented here, then in their case, it is more likely that the rape is about exerting power and control. On the other hand, date rape, or rape that we see in college campuses is more likely to be motivated by the gratification of having sex, but control also comes into play because we're talking about who controls the level of intimacy and the timing of when it gets to that level, and the offender is taking that control out of the victims hands.

Why would someone who has a lot of money, seemingly has connections and can get sex from at least a fair amount of decently attractive girls just based on their status rape someone? Well, maybe they had gotten used to women always saying yes and when a woman says no, they are unable to take no for an answer. They have the mindset of "how can you say no to me", and their reaction is to show the woman who is in charge and force themselves upon her. That's based on who has power in the situation and who has control of what happens in the interaction, and the offender is making sure that they have both.

In terms of sociopath and psychopaths, well, yes, those are not separate from the desire for power and control either. The act of sex itself is generally not what is satisfying those rapists, it is the pleasure of seeing the helplessness of someone else due to their actions that ultimately satisfy them.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#212 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:04 am

zimpy27 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Ah ok, that makes sense.

Just because it's not reported to cops, doesn't mean that it is common that they are lying.

My bad, not sure why I quoted you. Someone you had quoted seemed surprised to hear another person say that its common.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
EmperorLocky
Sixth Man
And1: 3,048

Post#213 » by EmperorLocky » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:10 am

EntropyPR wrote:
RightToCensor wrote:
EntropyPR wrote:
Are you comparing cheating on a test... to drugging and gang raping a woman? If not, then I don't get why bring his SAT stuff up. If you are... then you are one ignorant person.

It doesn't take a crazed psycho to want to gang rape a women you're close to. All you have to be is really horny and really drunk.

It's not like Derrick Rose doesn't have a past of doing the immature thing.

What? Actually it does take a crazed pyscho to want to actually do that... or do you want to gang rape women you're close too?

And doing immature things is one thing, gang raping someone is another. You my friend are either a sick individual based on your first comment, and a moron based on the second one.

From cheating on an exam it's just a hop, skip and jump to rape.
Midwest219
Senior
And1: 270

Post#214 » by Midwest219 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:35 am

I Am Awesome-O wrote:Derrick Rose is my favorite non-Grizzly in the NBA and he went to the same college as me, so I **** love the guy and it would break my heart if this was true.

But are people really trying to act like just because he's rich, famous, shy, and ostensibly kind that he can't be a sociopathic sack of **** like anyone else?

being/claiming a GD doesn't mean he gonna go rape someone, sometimes you just gots to join em' to beat them. Almost everybody in Chicago is banging something. if not good luck and don't get hit by a stray.
FK DELLADIRTY
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#215 » by eagereyez » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:44 am

og15 wrote:Why would someone who has a lot of money, seemingly has connections and can get sex from at least a fair amount of decently attractive girls just based on their status rape someone? Well, maybe they had gotten used to women always saying yes and when a woman says no, they are unable to take no for an answer. They sort have had the mindset of "how can you say no to me", and their reaction is to show the woman who is in charge and force themselves upon her. That's based on who has power in the situation and who has control of what happens in the interaction, and the offender is making sure that they have both.

Bingo. This is why I don't believe that all women accusing celebrities of rape are doing it for a cash grab. The normal rate for false rape accusations is about 3%, I'm sure it jumps up when concerning celebrities, but probably not to a significant amount. The scenario you describe is exactly how I suspect Kobe's situation went, if he was guilty of course. A lot of these pro athletes have gigantic egos, and simply can't understand why someone who they deem "lesser" than themselves would refuse them sex. It also has a lot to do with hyper-masculinity, as it's seen as being more masculine to be the aggressor when initiating sexual advances. So you have a hyper-masculine professional athlete with an enormous ego being refused something by someone who they view as inferior.. not so hard to believe these stories now. Also many rape cases go unreported for a very long time, due to various reasons. The last statistics I read were that 1 out of every 5 women in the U.S. will be raped at some point in their life. Only 32% are reported to the police, and only about 2% of rapists will ever serve time. It's especially more difficult when the person you are accusing is able to afford an army of lawyers.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#216 » by Heat_team02 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:50 am

Rose Attorney: Lisa Cohen

X-GF Attorney: ????

Edit: Rose's Attorney responded that the charges are outrageous & nothing more than a money grab.

What wasn't said was that the charges are false or fabricated.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rupert Murdoch
Starter
And1: 1,906

Post#217 » by Rupert Murdoch » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Plaintiff friend B also related a story when Defendant Rose and Defendant Hampton tried to simultaneously have sex with another woman who was incapacitated and did not desire to do so but was able to escape.

:o :o :o
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#218 » by jax98 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:31 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:Ah, thank you. I hadn't seen that part, but I was more concerned/agitated by the continued theme of posters here (whenever the topic of sexual assault comes up) to use it as an opportunity to be misogynistic and victim blame with horrific, awful comments.

Of course. I just wished to clarify for the Rose case specifically. But yes, everything you wrote is definitely right on the spot.
The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,024

Post#219 » by The Infamous1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:34 pm

MemphisX wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Some people here should be embarrassed by thier posts. Making light of certain situations is never funny. Gifs? Really people?

On another point some are questioning why "it took so long". Rape is a crime of power and it makes makes the victim feel small and powerless. I'm not saying Rose did what is alleged, but saying it holds less credence because of the passage of time means absolutely nothing.

Let's all grow up and realize that these are rape allegations, not a twitter spat between celebrities. Act like adults, discussing a serious topic.

That is real convenient for liars.

I don't take people seriously because when these things are proven lies, NOBODY wants to throw the lying chick in jail. Just like in the Kobe situation, nobody ever wants to remember the "victims" rape kit produced multiple sperm samples. However, Kobe is labeled a rapist for life while she goes on to live her life in anonymity with her hush money.

Do you really think Kobe cares that losers on the internet think he's a rapist?
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,352

Post#220 » by WiggOuts » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Domejandro wrote:
WiggOuts wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Mate... I am somewhat unsure where to tackle this.

I am firmly of the opinion that I need substantial evidence more than a mere claim (I find the Ad Hominem attacks on the people who share my viewpoints rather disappointing), but I find your viewpoints somewhat absurd if I am being brutally honest. Even if money makes someone ignore red flags, this idea of deserved rape is rather insensitive in my opinion. Rape is an unjustifiable offense.

In contrast, the assumption that all men who obtain copious amounts of wealth treat others horribly (your part suggested that wealth can lead to rape) is equally as unfair. On top of this, stating that "Rose likely did something really ****" and that a false rape claim is how "karma always finds a way" is a pretty horrific concept of Justice. Unless he actually raped her, he does not, in anyway, deserve to be accused of rape; what you are suggesting completely undermines the concept of innocence!

With all respect to you, I whole-heartedly disagree with your stance on all accounts, I find it astonishingly unsympathetic to either party.

geez lighten up. You jumped to a whole lotta conclusions there my friend. If you feel so strongly, why not try to have your words heard by people who probably care, youre on a basketball forum. I love you high and mighty types, always looking for something to make you mildly uncomfortable so you can insist on telling everyone else how appalled you are...this is realgm, a basketball forum, nobody cares about your world views...most come here to laugh

Dude, I am quite possibly the furthest thing from a social justice warrior, my posts on page three and page seven will emphasize this. I am on the side of stating that this woman is likely a blatant liar (note the word likely), and have made statements that women (or men for that matter) who lie about rape should receive some form of legal repercussions. That said, I found your need to paint both people as bad in the situation rather unfair to all parties involved.

Did I jump to any conclusions? I at one point literally quoted your statements that justified the situation. :-?

The rich feel above everyone and treat human beings like garbage. And some of these women are so obsessed with being around money and fame that they ignore obvious red flags that would send a sensible person running.

This clearly infers that those that are rich feel that they feel that they have the right to treat people poorly which is simply an attack on status. I actually somewhat agree with the second sentence when it comes to society as a whole, but I feel given the context of a rape accusation it is too broad of a comment. This is a comment that should be made when someone is sleeping around or are a drug addict, not a bloody rapist.

Even if this is complete bull, neither Rose or Jane Doe are probably completely innocent. Rose must have done something pretty **** to even have these allegation thrown at him true or not, Karma always finds a way.

So he didn't rape her, but we can very clearly assume that he deserves the allegations because of some unstated thing that he did? This statement is what provoked my response, what the hell is this trying to claim? Assuming I am making a blatant misinterpretation (I am not, the statement is rather clear) this is legitimately one of the more absurd comments I have seen of this week and I was arguing with someone under a Laci Green video a couple days ago.

More than likely, she allowed 3 guys to gang rape her and recently had her moment of clarity...Being 2 years removed from living an extremely lavish
lifestyle can do wonders to people

I think she has some dodgy motives as well; though the phrasing is painfully harsh and unsympathetic, the premise is not something a fully disagree with.

she allowed 3 guys to gang rape her

I am nitpicking, but consensual rape is an oxymoron.

I have to say though, I have never actually been called out for looking for something to be uncomfortable about, I generally get chased away from forums for being to brazen of opinion; someone inferred that he pities the women of those who view my viewpoints, haha. That is irrelevant to my comments, but I just found it amusing and feel it should help paint the picture of how cringe-worthy the comments were.

Ignoring the ad hominem arguments, I am fully aware that my political statements are for the most part... unimportant on a basketball forum, but in turn there is an underlying irrelevance on all posts within the thread, haha, I am unsure what your point was with the statement.

Alright, I will start by saying that I originally typed this up with my blood boiling a bit. My statements were very crude and I definitely could have chosen my words better, but at the time they were meant to be that way. Of course not all rich people are like this, as a matter of fact the few rich people that i still know are quite the opposite. What I meant more than anything is that once a person attains this status there is a powerful complex that comes along with it. Not necessarily treating others like **** but more feeling that they are more worthy or valuable than someone else that doesnt have what they have. As someone said on one of the first pages, rape is an act of power and it is no coincidence that it is often rich men doing this, must be there national past time.

Again I do not believe that either side is completely innocent, not one bit. I really dont think this girl would go this far if she had absolutely nothing, if she just threatened him with no proof, she probably would have been paid off and case closed. I said Rose probably did something bad to deserve this but it was interpreted as he stole a candy and in turn got accused of rape. I strongly believe that the man probably did rape her or did something damn close to it. This is why I brought karma to the table. The man and his boys probably did something incredibly immoral and unethical to the girl, willing or not. No one truly gets away with anything, you pay for it in some way shape or form. On the flip side, if this is full on bull (which I dont fully believe it is) shell probably end up worse off then she is now. Apparently she pursued these allegations before. Im not strung up on the 2 year thing considering these things take time to come together when making a case. The fact that she isnt pressing charges definitely paints a certain picture.

Allowing someone to rape you is definitely an oxymoron, I meant that she probably allowed the 3 men to have sex with her and it was probably consensual at the time.

I chose to use harsh words because this is the same story over and over, no one learns...rather people choose to put themselves in these positions (not saying that she chose to get raped or they chose to go rape her) but when you deal with trash bag hoes, youll occasionally get the trash dumped on you...and when you need to hang around millionaires and famous people...well occasionally you get raped lol...clearly I have no compassion

Return to The General Board