D'Angelo Russell Believes Alot Of Laker Fans Are Spoiled

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Re: D'Angelo Russell Believes Alot Laker Fans Are Spoiled 

Post#61 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:04 pm

Slava wrote:
dorkestra wrote:I feel bad for the good fans, because the Lakers have a good chunk of good fans here. Sucks to be brought down by others. Sixers fans only embarrass me occasionally, when they get overly defensive.

I stopped going to the trade board because of the Sixers fans, so fair credit to you for admitting it.

I'm just glad there are no more posts from lakers fans trying to swap 2 for 3 and the Laker pick.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#62 » by Slava » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:11 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Slava wrote:
dorkestra wrote:I feel bad for the good fans, because the Lakers have a good chunk of good fans here. Sucks to be brought down by others. Sixers fans only embarrass me occasionally, when they get overly defensive.

I stopped going to the trade board because of the Sixers fans, so fair credit to you for admitting it.

I'm just glad there are no more posts from lakers fans trying to swap 2 for 3 and the Laker pick.

Everybody wins!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
aviewfromspace
Junior
And1: 263

Re: D'Angelo Russell Believes Alot Of Laker Fans Are Spoiled 

Post#63 » by aviewfromspace » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:36 pm

misleading title - he meant spoiled as in spoiled by success.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#64 » by ItsThatEasy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:14 pm

There's a guy in this thread claiming Allen Iverson is a better player than Shaquille O'Neal....I'm out.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#65 » by Marcus » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:22 pm

with everything that's happened since he was drafted a Laker. D-Lo better be magnificient in a Laker uniform because the pitchforks and torches are waiting for that kid.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#66 » by Throwback24 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:31 pm

The glory days are permanently over. Feel free to join the Raptors bandwagon, I can't wait until DD drops 70 on Kobe.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Minnesotadrake
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#67 » by Minnesotadrake » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:32 pm

This is why I love watching NBA TV and the "Open Court" series when they debate the best players and/or the best bigs. I believe Shaq was one of the most dominant big men to play the game and Laker fans have had it good for so long. It's hilarious when Barkley gives a compliment to Hakeem or David Robinson and Shaq always gets offended...
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#68 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:51 pm

Throwback24 wrote:The glory days are permanently over. Feel free to join the Raptors bandwagon, I can't wait until DD drops 70 on Kobe.

That's funny you'd think ANYONE NOT CANADIAN would jump on the Raptors bandwagon, there are SOOOOO many better bandwagons than TOR's :lol: :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#69 » by Throwback24 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:01 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:The glory days are permanently over. Feel free to join the Raptors bandwagon, I can't wait until DD drops 70 on Kobe.

That's funny you'd think ANYONE NOT CANADIAN would jump on the Raptors bandwagon, there are SOOOOO many better bandwagons than TOR's :lol: :lol:

I don't understand. Why wouldn't they want to cheer for the Raptors?
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
whitesideformip
Junior
And1: 228

Post#70 » by whitesideformip » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:43 pm

The Realist wrote:whitesideformip a top-10 worst poster in this site?

Wow, thanks
Ain't nobody respect my opinion on this damn forum :noway:
talkiewalkie
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#71 » by talkiewalkie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 pm

HotTubMike wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:

Seriously though, our fan base is spoiled and can be really annoying. Especially the Kobe stans, they suck.

Who is this guy btw?

Either a plastic surgeon or a drug dealer
JordansBulls wrote:The league was the strongest in the 90's.

MATT DAMON!!
indilakeshow
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#72 » by indilakeshow » Tue Sep 1, 2015 12:45 am

I honestly don't understand what being spoiled has to do with his idiotic remark about TMAC being the GOAT. How do the two relate? I mean lets hit pause for a second on the kobe comparison--I think plenty of people would agree that Jordan was better right..? Or, Magic, or Lebron, or plenty of other players! Laker fans are spoiled because they responded to their new guard saying something ridiculous? What if he was drafted by the Bulls and Bulls fans corrected him? I just don't get it... Like a previous poster said, it really seems like he doesn't want to be here.
GreenWithEnvy wrote:
Lakers have absolutely nothing besides Kobe and Lamar to get Andre Miller...give it up Laker fans.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#73 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Sep 1, 2015 12:55 am

talkiewalkie wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:

Who is this guy btw?

Either a plastic surgeon or a drug dealer

He looks like Gary Cole had a stroke
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Game 7
Banned User
And1: 110

Post#74 » by Game 7 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 2:10 am

Laker f an s be like who cares if kobe is retiring this year we getting durant in free agency anyway, lakers never stay losers. We reload :lol:
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#75 » by TaylorMonkey » Tue Sep 1, 2015 3:16 am

*Perks*

He's my favorite Laker already.
DLaren
Pro Prospect
And1: 748

Post#76 » by DLaren » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:54 am

whitesideformip wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:We went from Kareem to the goat in magic to Shaq and then to kobe who are all top ten players ever imo. Of course we're spoiled but before he starts calling out fans about anything he needs to prove something on the court. No need in getting the fans who will have your back when the rest of the league hates you for being a Laker riled up.

You think Shaq is a top 10 player?

-Jordan
-Magic
-Kareem
-Bird
-Bill Russell
-Kobe
-LeBron
-Wilt
-Hakeem
-Tim Duncan
-Iverson

Those 11 are better than Shaq imo. But then again, those are just our opinions, so to each his own.

My man, you don't get to say "to each his own" on this one...

THE NBA WAS FORCED TO LET TEAMS PLAY ZONE DEFENSE BECAUSE SHAQ WAS SO DOMINANT.

Before 2001, the NBA didn't even let teams play zone-D...then Shaq went on a rampage and they had to think of a way for opposing defenders to even stand a chance of defending him.

Shaq is the 2ND most dominant player to EVER pick-up a basketball (only behind Wilt).

I know a lot of young, black-males grew-up obsessing over Iverson, but dude was a %40 shooter (in his prime), a suspect defender, and a guy who had nearly as many turnovers as he did assists...I know he was an iconic rebel who wore braids and baggy-clothing at a time when the NBA was trying to force black athletes to appeal to white people with dress-codes, but that doesn't make him a hero or a top-10 player of all time.
1.Jordan 2.Kareem 3.Lebron 4.Magic 5.Bird 6.Russell 7.Duncan 8.Wilt 9.Kobe 10.Shaq
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#77 » by Sixerscan » Tue Sep 1, 2015 5:21 am

DLaren wrote:
whitesideformip wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:We went from Kareem to the goat in magic to Shaq and then to kobe who are all top ten players ever imo. Of course we're spoiled but before he starts calling out fans about anything he needs to prove something on the court. No need in getting the fans who will have your back when the rest of the league hates you for being a Laker riled up.

You think Shaq is a top 10 player?

-Jordan
-Magic
-Kareem
-Bird
-Bill Russell
-Kobe
-LeBron
-Wilt
-Hakeem
-Tim Duncan
-Iverson

Those 11 are better than Shaq imo. But then again, those are just our opinions, so to each his own.

My man, you don't get to say "to each his own" on this one...

THE NBA WAS FORCED TO LET TEAMS PLAY ZONE DEFENSE BECAUSE SHAQ WAS SO DOMINANT.

Before 2001, the NBA didn't even let teams play zone-D...then Shaq went on a rampage and they had to think of a way for opposing defenders to even stand a chance of defending him.

Shaq is the 2ND most dominant player to EVER pick-up a basketball (only behind Wilt).

I know a lot of young, black-males grew-up obsessing over Iverson, but dude was a %40 shooter (in his prime), a suspect defender, and a guy who had nearly as many turnovers as he did assists...I know he was an iconic rebel who wore braids and baggy-clothing at a time when the NBA was trying to force black athletes to appeal to white people with dress-codes, but that doesn't make him a hero or a top-10 player of all time.

That's a pretty heavy rewriting of history. Shaq was hardly the only reason why they switched to allowing zone, a move that had been contemplated since before Shaq was even born.

It's funny, over here in Philly people say they instituted the zone because no one could stay in front of Iverson 1 on 1. Crazy how stories get started...
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#78 » by eagereyez » Tue Sep 1, 2015 11:47 am

senel wrote:They look bankrupt now. Once glorious now they are standing in the welfare line.

https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/638435259659390976
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,726

Post#79 » by naabzor » Tue Sep 1, 2015 12:06 pm

Lol shaq is probably the best player who ever played the game outside of jordan.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,157

Post#80 » by Revived » Wed Sep 2, 2015 10:20 am

skywalker33 wrote:With the way he's commented on some of the Lakers, the organization and their fans....sounds like he doesn't have a lot of respect or desire to be there.

Can you blame him?

Return to The General Board