Bleacher Report NBA Predictions 2015-16: Win-Loss Projections for Every Team

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Re: Bleacher Report NBA Predictions 2015-16: Win-Loss Projections for Every Team 

Post#21 » by BJGOAT3 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 4:00 am

Am I the only one confused by the Celtics prediction? In no way they look like a 45 win team in my opinion.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Bleacher Report NBA Predictions 2015-16: Win-Loss Projections for Every Team 

Post#22 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 4:43 am

Domejandro wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:
Domejandro wrote::/ I am biased, but seriously?

Ricky Rubio / Andre Miller / Tyus Jones
Kevin Martin / Zach LaVine / Lorenzo Brown
Andrew Wiggins / Shabazz Muhammad / Tayshaun Prince
Kevin Garnett / Nemanja Bjelica / Adreian Payne
Karl Anthony-Towns / Gorgui Dieng / Nikola Pekovic (DNP - Until December)

That is not the worst team in the west, obviously I am standing by my early summer playoff prediction, but even when you dismiss my bias, can we really be the worst?

I'd probably put them above the Lakers (who are way too high) and maybe the Blazers. Just curious, where do you see them finishing.

I expect playoffs because I need to get my hopes up. It is a Minnesotan tradition to set one's self up for disappointment. :lol:

We will certainly be better than Los Angeles, Portland, Dallas (they are decimated with injuries and old age), and Denver in my opinion. I also think Phoenix might collapse.

I see tenth or eleventh seed if my prediction is wrong.

A bit optimistic, even with your bias. There probably one of the youngest teams in the NBA this year and youth usually supercedes talent.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 4:45 am

So, 8 seed in the east at 43 wins.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ChuckyFE
Junior
And1: 400

Post#24 » by ChuckyFE » Sat Oct 3, 2015 4:49 am

I think every team this season is going to go 41-41. Good thing they have tie breaker rules. 8-)
DUHON to others as they DUHON to you.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,037

Post#25 » by brackdan70 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 5:16 am

That is not the worst team in the west, obviously I am standing by my early summer playoff prediction, but even when you dismiss my bias, can we really be the worst?

yep.

4 years from now that will be a good team. best players are still teenagers.
Sign here
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#26 » by Jkam31 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 5:33 am

Han Solo wrote:Bleacher >>>> ESPN

That's not saying much.
But I still don't get how the kings only get under 40 wins. They have them at only 7 win increase despite rondo taking over McCallum who started majority after all star. No matter what you think of rondo he's better than McCallum who is a 3rd string pg. DMC won't be missing a month due to an illness. And Belinelli is a major major improvement from Stauskas as is Koufos to JT.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,394

Post#27 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Oct 3, 2015 5:56 am

Jkam31 wrote:
Han Solo wrote:Bleacher >>>> ESPN

That's not saying much.
But I still don't get how the kings only get under 40 wins. They have them at only 7 win increase despite rondo taking over McCallum who started majority after all star. No matter what you think of rondo he's better than McCallum who is a 3rd string pg. DMC won't be missing a month due to an illness. And Belinelli is a major major improvement from Stauskas as is Koufos to JT.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I think they will finish with 38-41 wins. Vegas has them at 30.5 wins. I could love to put $100-200 on that because there's no way they'll get less.
the throg
Junior
And1: 131

Post#28 » by the throg » Sat Oct 3, 2015 7:11 am

i might move the timbervolves up two notches,not making playoffs but the nugs and blazers gonna be bad...bulls should be lower than atlanta also..
Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,297

Post#29 » by Side beard » Sat Oct 3, 2015 7:54 am

I still don't get how Clippers are above Rockets in every single ranking.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#30 » by tmorgan » Sat Oct 3, 2015 8:33 am

No one commented that the EAST is 20 GAMES OVER .500!?!?!

I realize there is some new suck in the West with Portland taking a dive and Denver going down, but do you really believe the East is actually going to finish above .500 against the West for the first time in... I don't know, but a long time?

Those East records are too good for a LOT of teams.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#31 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 9:50 am

I think 25 wins for Timberwolves is a good over/under.

What is happening with coach and Flip? Big question mark.

Does injury bug hit again? Players like Martin and KG (2 projected starters) are 33 and 39 in season while Miller is 39.

Do they trade any vets for more assets at any time this season, going mini tank?

Two best players are 19 and 20...yes with high expectations but hard to win many games with that as a fact.

With all that said, I think one more season with 25 or less wins, and securing another top 5 pick or better, could be best outcome for Wolves franchise long term. Add to their (at minimum) 5-7 year window (window before Wiggins is unrestricted) another top end super young talent. And within that window, have Wiggins-Towns-'16 Top 5 Pick='Super Core' all developing into something very special while the hope someone(s) from the fringe core like Rubio-LaVine-Bazz-Dieng step up and become part of that trio as well.

Showcase vet like Martin, develop Bjelica, and come to a better evaluation regarding true long term core players in likes of Rubio-Bazz-even Dieng...and use this 25 win season to leverage any and all as potential trade assets for yet another true core player (high quality pick or very young asset).

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums mobile app
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,059

Post#32 » by FJS » Sat Oct 3, 2015 10:45 am

I would take for good my Jazz in the playoffs.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#33 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Oct 3, 2015 10:54 am

So, according to them, the Magic are gonna be basically the same team even though we have more depth and our young team has another season under their belt? Not asking for playoffs or anything in their prediction, but at least a little improvement.

Also forgot to mention that our coach and his staff are 10x better than last year.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#34 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 11:46 am

Would settle for 64
42uptop
Starter
And1: 754

Post#35 » by 42uptop » Sat Oct 3, 2015 1:04 pm

22 wins seems optimistic for my Sixers. I would be happily surprised with 20 wins.

The poster above is right. Many teams in the East have inflated records. There's no way Toronto, Washington, Boston and Milwaukee all finish with that many wins. At least one of those teams is going to have a down year. Indiana could easily finish below .500, and the Knicks and Nets are not going to do anything. The West is still too stacked for this to be realistic.
I speak the truth.
MarcusBrody
Starter
And1: 3,725

Post#36 » by MarcusBrody » Sat Oct 3, 2015 1:08 pm

tmorgan wrote:No one commented that the EAST is 20 GAMES OVER .500!?!?!

I realize there is some new suck in the West with Portland taking a dive and Denver going down, but do you really believe the East is actually going to finish above .500 against the West for the first time in... I don't know, but a long time?

Those East records are too good for a LOT of teams.

To be fair, they have the West at 98 games over 500. :D
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#37 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Oct 3, 2015 2:13 pm

Has anyone verified that these W-L records have an average of 41-41? I feel like they don't.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,037

Post#38 » by brackdan70 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:30 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:So, according to them, the Magic are gonna be basically the same team even though we have more depth and our young team has another season under their belt? Not asking for playoffs or anything in their prediction, but at least a little improvement.

Also forgot to mention that our coach and his staff are 10x better than last year.

agree here. Its a good young team, could improve quite a bit. much of the east got a little better though.
Sign here
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#39 » by C.lupus » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:30 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:

I think 25 wins for Timberwolves is a good over/under.

What is happening with coach and Flip? Big question mark.

Does injury bug hit again? Players like Martin and KG (2 projected starters) are 33 and 39 in season while Miller is 39.

Do they trade any vets for more assets at any time this season, going mini tank?

Two best players are 19 and 20...yes with high expectations but hard to win many games with that as a fact.

With all that said, I think one more season with 25 or less wins, and securing another top 5 pick or better, could be best outcome for Wolves franchise long term. Add to their (at minimum) 5-7 year window (window before Wiggins is unrestricted) another top end super young talent. And within that window, have Wiggins-Towns-'16 Top 5 Pick='Super Core' all developing into something very special while the hope someone(s) from the fringe core like Rubio-LaVine-Bazz-Dieng step up and become part of that trio as well.

Showcase vet like Martin, develop Bjelica, and come to a better evaluation regarding true long term core players in likes of Rubio-Bazz-even Dieng...and use this 25 win season to leverage any and all as potential trade assets for yet another true core player (high quality pick or very young asset).

What's happening with the coach/Flip is that Sam Mitchell is the coach and Flip will likely be out all season.

I think 30 wins is a better over/under number for this team but I learned long ago not to bet on the Wolves.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,724

Post#40 » by HotelVitale » Sat Oct 3, 2015 3:53 pm

It's not that bad of a worst--26 wins is better than most basement dwellers. And I agree with the estimate: the upside talent is great but players are either too young or too old. Rubio's the only one whose game is at a solid, mature level (though I won't say peak because I think his game's still growing).

So, while the overall talent level is high, most guys won't be making above average contributions. I also don't think that Martin or Bazz are plus players at this point, and I don't think Towns will be close to an average starter this year. Also of the camp that Wiggins, while very impressive last year, was still not a good NBA player; showed some rare abilities on both ends of the court but he'll need to make a big leap to being an above average contributor to a good team.

Return to The General Board