The NBA hates the Raptors

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,316

Re: The NBA hates the Raptors 

Post#181 » by Moose » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:45 pm

vascular wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:Try being a knick fan. We dont get no fouls. Much of that is due to our jump shooting offensive structure but when we do get fouled we never get a call. Melo gets 0 calls. Then when we get a clean block or steal we alwas get whistled.

If your allstar, gets 0 calls. He's no longer a star and needs to be traded before everyone else finds out

So then why are you complaining about not getting any calls?
Moose
Analyst

Post#182 » by Moose » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Moose wrote:
lakerhater wrote:The NBA conspiracy against the Raps and the media conspiracy against the Kings are my two current favorite fan based realgm memes.

It wasn't against the Kings. It was for the Lakers. There's a difference.

he's not talking about the Webber/Divac/Peja Kings. He's talking about the current Kings where a large percentage of the fanbase insists that all the organization issues between Karl/Boogie and various front office types and the owner is media fabricated.

oh.

lol.

you serious?
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Re: RE: Re: The NBA hates the Raptors 

Post#183 » by TaylorMonkey » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Kahn_2001 wrote:
laika wrote:Raptors 39 free throws.
Warriors 17 free throws.

I'll wait for an apology for anyone who posted in this thread.

Warriors are a bunch of jump shooting sissies, who do nothing but jack up 3s. Lucky the cavs were ravaged with injuries or you wouldn't be acting like a spoiled brat.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jump shooting to the tune of a championship and a 12-0 start.

Yeah, it's pretty nice. You guys should totally try it.

Don't you guys have a basketball team? Why are you talking about what the Cavs would or wouldn't have done?

Are the the Cavs the Raptor's big brother that would totally beat the Warriors up if he wasn't on crutches or something?
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#184 » by laika » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:52 pm

phoenixnorth wrote:
laika wrote:
Higga wrote:Every fan thinks their team gets hosed more than any other.

The ONLY fanbase that has a legit gripe against the refs was Kings fans vs. the Lakers in that 02 series. That was a legit screwjob of epic proportions.

This might be the biggest myth in NBA history. Here are the facts-

-The Kings shot a lot more free throws than the Lakers in that series.
-If you remove free throws from games the Lakers would have won that series 6-1.
-Unbiased observers reviewed every call and determined that there were no bad calls in the 4th quarter.
http://www.82games.com/lakerskingsgame6.htm

seriously? you're using a point such as this to argue the kings did not get screwed?

if the kings took 100 shots in the paint and shot 20 free throws while the lakers took 5 shots in the paint and shot zero free throws, but on the last possession of a tie game the refs missed a blatant call on the lakers, wouldn't you say the kings got screwed regardless of the free throw difference?

Part of why it's the biggest myth is because people like you can't even conceive that they are wrong. Go watch the game. It's on youtube.

As I'm sure you're well aware, Shaq and Kobe are both extremely good at drawing legitimate fouls. Shaq lived in the paint and Kobe was constantly attacking. Your hypothetical about shots in the paint is completely irrelevant.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#185 » by zilby » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:01 pm

The way that I see the CoJo offensive rebound call is that he's very obviously not looking to Klay's hands and is making a play on the ball. That's pretty much what's evident to me. Klay isn't boxing out, so it's not like he went over the back. The other thing I see is that neither of Cojo's arms come down, so it's not like he is grabbing at Klay's wrists or anything. I interpret that as two guys going after the ball and one of them winning out. Incidental hand contact happens (on the replay it doesn't particularly look like it did, but it was quick so it's hard to tell) and more often than not, that's a play on.

The Curry travel, on the other hand, was a little blatant shuffling of the feet and put the Warriors up 5. Don't really think that one was arguable.

For the Lowry offensive foul, I would say there was some hooking of the arm by Lowry, embellished by Iguodala. My gripe is that those sorts of things happen very often in crunch time situations and are almost never called, officials just letting the teams play. It's a 50/50 call in regular time, but you just never see the official call that so late in a game. That's why a lot of Raps fans are shocked at that.

As for the NBA hating the Raptors, I really can't say. I don't read in-depth into every ref review, so I don't know if other teams get hosed on crunch time calls too, but as a Raptors fan, it does feel like it happens way more often than it should. When you look at it like that and over the years (several more apologies, even before this ref report thing started, the Brooklyn playoff series where Donaghy broke down several obvious biases, etc.). Alone into this young season, we already have two apologies in 11 games for calls that very well decided the game. When the reports for last night are released, and if there is a third admittance of blown crucial calls against us (already), I might not be terribly surprised.

For the record, I was watching the Warriors broadcast and I turned the game off at halftime, so I don't know if there was anything else in crunch that Raptors may have gotten benefitted on, I've only seen these three clips provided. Just providing my opinion on those three individually.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#186 » by TaylorMonkey » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:04 pm

tredigs wrote:
PerFex wrote:I'm sorry, but these Raptors fans is (Please Use More Appropriate Word)... (Not all ofcourse).

http://pasteboard.co/2evMCyUl.png

https://streamable.com/iyoi

It's clearly a foul....

sip wrote:

You have to love when people post a video of a blatant foul and try to act like their guy did nothing.

++++

Right? Gotta love how the "evidence" shown here is simply a blatant foul of Joseph ripping Klay's hand down on an offensive rebound.

What else are you whining about exactly, Raps fans? The blatant offensive foul on Lowry in the end? Granted, it's not a call that is always made, but that is 100% the correct call and effected what would have happened on that play.

You should be pissed at Lowry, not expending all your energy on the refs: Down 3 points with 10 seconds left and he ATTACKS THE BEST DEFENDER HE'S FACED ALL YEAR IN THE PAINT. And proceeds to get stuffed. Great thinking, Kyle.

I got 2 pages in and couldn't see a single defined complaint, merely blanketed whining.

Hint: the group-think victim mentality going on in the Canadian fanbase on here is not going to help you guys get over the hump.

Hint #2: If you think the league has anything to apologize to you for this game, you're worse off than I thought.

I thought the Raptors announcers were good the one time I heard them but:

(video shows clear contact)

"There's clearly no contact!"

Lol.

It's a somehwat ticky tacky foul but it's clearly a foul if the ref caught it, and he did.

The Lowry foul is pretty obvious though. As was the 3-point he needed to take and decided to drive for some unknown reason.

As a dubs fan, I thought the reffing was biased against us-- as clearly shown in the FT disparity and a few ticky tacky fouls that put GSW over the limit early and let the Raptors close without actually making FGs. But on the whole, I thought the refs took too much control of the game, including those last few calls against the Raptors and also with the double tech against Barbosa and Walton during the time out.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#187 » by DreDay » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:15 pm

Ref whiners are the worst. Why even be on a basketball forum if you only bitch and complain and scream conspiracy rather than discuss why your team really lost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlos Arroyo
Pro Prospect
And1: 126

Post#188 » by Carlos Arroyo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Wanna see highlights of the magic vs raptors game where you got a lot of questionable calls and we still won?
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Carlos Arroyo
Pro Prospect
And1: 126

Post#189 » by Carlos Arroyo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:19 pm

There will always be a bad call here or there.
Now the magic are really hated by the NBA.
We ruined the chances of them having a Kobe vs LeBron Finals.
They wasted so much money on those damn puppets and for nothing cuz the "King" did not reach the finals lol
This is why they hate us lol
samuraix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,726

Post#190 » by samuraix » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:To try and bring something of relevance here.

http://official.nba.com/

We will be able to see the officials' report on that game. Last night's games are not up yet so we can't see the specific game in question yet, but will be able to. So we can at least see what the league thinks about how that game was called.

Still hoping someone can source an official count on letters of apologies. That remains a serious request.

FWIW, I just went through every Last 2 Minute Report from this season and filtered out the Incorrect Calls & Non-Calls:

Incorrect Calls Against Leaders:
1. Toronto - 10
2. Charlotte, Cleveland, Minnesota - 5
3. Dallas, Orlando - 4
4. LAC, LAL, Milwaukee, Knicks, OKC - 3

Incorrect Calls For Leaders:
1. Knicks - 8
2. Atlanta, OKC, Orlando - 6
3. Milwaukee - 5
4. Toronto - 4

Anyways, my stance is that the Raps have just been unlucky but by no means are they hated by the league.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,387

Post#191 » by svart » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Sorry raps fans, but if you fire casey, or bring along an assistant who have "offense" in his vocabulary, you will see that nba doesn't hate you anymore.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#192 » by ruckus » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:29 pm

DreDay wrote:Ref whiners are the worst. Why even be on a basketball forum if you only bitch and complain and scream conspiracy rather than discuss why your team really lost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should visit the Raptors forum sometime. It's a pretty depressing place for a team that's been winning the past 2 seasons. We know why we really lost. However, it's always a nice diversion to take the blame off our players and coach and put it on someone else from time to time.
th1
Senior
And1: 409

Post#193 » by th1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Raptors must have the most apologies from NBA. The mistakes are so clear, that NBA has no other way, but apologise.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#194 » by 510TWSS » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Choker wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
Choker wrote:
LOL you'll want to watch it again.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtMgp7QJLYE[/youtube]

It's towards the end. At best the hook looks inadvertent.

I already watched it at least 5 times and it's an illegal move by Lowry. It was a hook. Iggy obviously overembelished the contact a little (something Lowry does all the time) but it was a foul.

No it wasn't. Iggy lowered his arm where it got hooked into Lowry's. If anyone initiated the contact it was Iggy, not Lowry. I doubt Iggy did it intentionally, but at best it was inadvertent.

As a W's fan I defintely thought that was intentional by Iggy. It was a very smart play by him too since he got the result he wanted. Andre is one of the smartest defenders in the league, I definitely wouldn't put it passed him to bait a ref like that. It could be seen as risky, but since it was successful it gets rewarded as a good play in hindsight.

I don't know how legitimate it was though, only saw it in real time. If there was another angle it would be interesting.
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#195 » by RaptorPride » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Spoiler:

MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,615

Post#196 » by MoMan24 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:03 pm

I was once a GSW fan and loved Curry and watching them grow, even the Davis days. But now I really want to them to lose this year because of their fans. Lord have they gotten so big headed and full of themselves its really sad. For a team who has sucked for sooooo long to turn into this after one great season is scary. To sit there and say the refs can make bad/questionable calls in the last 2 minutes of a game that is up grabs is disgusting, but as long as those calls go to the darlings of the NBA its ok huh. Please Spurs, OKC, Clippers, or Cavs PLEASE. These GSW fans have got to be stopped. If you say anything against their team they attack you like wild animals LOL.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#197 » by enderwilson » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Moose wrote:
lakerhater wrote:The NBA conspiracy against the Raps and the media conspiracy against the Kings are my two current favorite fan based realgm memes.

It wasn't against the Kings. It was for the Lakers. There's a difference.

he's not talking about the Webber/Divac/Peja Kings. He's talking about the current Kings where a large percentage of the fanbase insists that all the organization issues between Karl/Boogie and various front office types and the owner is media fabricated.

Complete misreading of the Kings fanbase. When the rest of the NBA community loves to take potshots and bash your team when you know how dysfunctional they are yet you're powerless to control what happens, please be sure to let us know how much of a good time you are having.
Soupman
Assistant Coach
And1: 759

Post#198 » by Soupman » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Its like the referees forget how to officiate in a toronto game.
Convert municipal and agricultural waste to refined natural gas. Sell the refined natural gas to gas companies. Use the money to provide a monthly basic income to people that earn less than $28,000 a year.
Moose
Analyst

Post#199 » by Moose » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:22 pm

RaptorPride wrote:

The game is easier when you can dance.
pacdawg
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#200 » by pacdawg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Look at the reaction from the raptor players and bench from that play. No one saw the travel. Things like this get missed all through games all the time. No big deal.

Return to The General Board