GDT 11/22

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Re: GDT 11/22 

Post#201 » by yoyoboy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:01 pm

TaylorMonkey wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Luke2334 wrote:
Because he got tripped ?

No, he didn't make him look silly. He was tripped and everyone looks silly when they are tripped.

Oh, and he totally carried the ball. Not even close. Beside that, sure, he made Curry look silly.

Tripped while beginning to run in the other direction...

That's about as good as it gets when it comes to misdirection in the NBA and yet there's always someone like you who tries to claims the defender tripped. Yes, that's part of the misdirection, the loss of proprioreception. What do you expect from a good misdirection? Does the defender have to keep running off the court, down to the change rooms and on to the team bus?

He's talking about how Curry was tripped by Jokic's foot that was set outside of his own. When Mudiay went left, Curry tried to follow and attempted to plant his left foot out for support-- which was already up against Jokic's planted foot. That's why Curry does a funky shake to Mudiay's left before he trips and lunges right because he can't get his foot out enough. The video shows it pretty clearly. And then Mudiay carried, but whatever.

Dude... He got crossed. Curry was not trying to plant his foot to follow Mudiay. He was clearly going in the opposite direction. Also, every NBA player carries the ball nowadays.

And it happens to the best of them. No need to deeply analyze the crossover in an attempt to salvage Curry's reputation. No one's going to suddenly think Curry sucks because of a defensive lapse on one possession. :lol:
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#202 » by JellosJigglin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Most of these pseudo-crossovers now days involve a pick, with the "crossed" defender anticipating the pick, or like in this case, just tripping on the pick setter.

I've always preferred the 1 on 1 variety crossover like Tim Hardaway and prime Deron Williams used to pull every game.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#203 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:27 pm

laika wrote:
Masterfully wrote:
laika wrote:

Winning is what matters, not some random box score accumulation stat.

LOLOLOL. What?!? You're the one that keep rolling out BPM. He's the worst on the team. It's not arguable.

BPM has nothing to do with +/-.

BPM may have nothing to do with the one very debatable stat you're using to justify saying Kobe doesn't suck, but it's certainly a brick in the foundation of saying he does

I'm a Blazer fan. I watched last night's game and it's the only Laker game I've seen so far, thankfully. Kobe killed the Lakers last night. Maybe that's a little unfair since the Lakers just seem to take turns going one-on-one, but Kobe is certainly the royal mentor of one on one basketball for a young Laker team

as to stats

* Kobe is averaging 16.3 points on 16.6 FGA's. Any time a player is averaging more FGA's then points, he's sucking

* Kobe's ranking among Laker 'rotation' players:

Per - last
TrueShooting% - last
Win Shares - dead last with only negative mark on team
Offensive Win Shares - dead last; worst of the 3 negative marks on the team
Win Shares/48 - essentially dead last. Sacre is only player worst. Again, one of 3 negative marks on team
Offensive Rating - last
Box +/- - dead last
Defensive Box =/- - dead last
Value Over Replacement - tied for last

there is one stat that Kobe leads the Lakers in: Usage rate. However, when a player is last and dead last in so many of the metrics that measure efficiency, but turns around and leads the team in usage, it's fair to say he sucks and is hurting the team
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#204 » by TaylorMonkey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:41 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
TaylorMonkey wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Tripped while beginning to run in the other direction...

That's about as good as it gets when it comes to misdirection in the NBA and yet there's always someone like you who tries to claims the defender tripped. Yes, that's part of the misdirection, the loss of proprioreception. What do you expect from a good misdirection? Does the defender have to keep running off the court, down to the change rooms and on to the team bus?

He's talking about how Curry was tripped by Jokic's foot that was set outside of his own. When Mudiay went left, Curry tried to follow and attempted to plant his left foot out for support-- which was already up against Jokic's planted foot. That's why Curry does a funky shake to Mudiay's left before he trips and lunges right because he can't get his foot out enough. The video shows it pretty clearly. And then Mudiay carried, but whatever.

Dude... He got crossed. Curry was not trying to plant his foot to follow Mudiay. He was clearly going in the opposite direction. Also, every NBA player carries the ball nowadays.

And it happens to the best of them. No need to deeply analyze the crossover in an attempt to salvage Curry's reputation. No one's going to suddenly think Curry sucks because of a defensive lapse on one possession. :lol:

I'm just watching the video. It's pretty obvious Curry's left leg gets caught under Jokic's and his foot gets stuck where he's not able to plant it while shifting weight. If Jokic's leg wasn't there, the stumble doesn't happen.

If you don't want to see that, that's cool. If you want to consider that an ankle breaker, that's fine too. Most ankle breakers involve some other factor like wet patches on the floor.

Curry actually had a bunch of real lapses in that game. He was getting backdoored repeatedly. But this pick/trip wasn't the worst of it, unless he should have had better awareness of where his foot and the pick was sneaking up behind him.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#205 » by NBAfan3024 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:59 pm

15-0 sure sounds good right now :)
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#206 » by lakerhater » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:50 pm

G35 wrote:
turk3d wrote:
G35 wrote:Apparently it's blacked out in the Bay area......

I'm up past Sacramento and I'm not getting it. Called Comcast and complained it's some kind of Technical Difficulty. ty. Eff the NBA, bunch of greedy you know whats.

I tried to watch it on ESPN's gamechannel and that's how I found out it was blacked out. That's pretty shady to block it out online as well. I'm in Vacaville but I don't know the NBA's blackout radius, but I get the Kings games on CSN Bay Area so I don't expect to see the Warriors if they are not on national tv......

Per the Sacramento area blackout, the CFO of my company spent about 45 minutes arguing with various management levels of his TV carrier and he finally got them to admit they had misread the contract and they should have shown the game because Sacramento and Placer counties along with other surrounding areas are in Kings territory not Warriors territory.

They actually ended up showing the last minute or two of the game after they realized their mistake.

Return to The General Board