Jahil Okafeur Punches Guy in The face in Boston

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

thejigglyroom
Rookie
And1: 1,192

Re: Jahil Okafeur Punches Guy in The face in Boston 

Post#221 » by thejigglyroom » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:30 am

joyeuxnoel wrote:
thejigglyroom wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:

I highly doubt that is true..even in somalia
But u missed my point. Look in all for civility and goodwill toward my fellow man..but what if i called ypur wife/girlfriend/sister/mom a fat whore and u confronted me and went to jail because of it

This is dumb. I'm hoping you are insanely young. If I'm out with my wife or even my mother and some dumb*ass (drunk or sober) called her names or attempted to clown her, I'd look at them, shake my head, maybe laugh about it and keep it moving. Running over and beating them down is stuff you do in Jr. High. Now if someone clowns and then proceeds to put hands on me or the wife or moms, then yeah. I'll probably have to go to jail or the hospital or whatever. I'm just not going to do it over words. I guess "sticks and stones blah, blah, blah" doesn't exist anymore.

I agree 100% but jah is a 19 year old kid, his brain isnt fully developed yet and yelling i have money is absolutely cringey and immature

Had he fought based off that i would have been disgusted but the video shows one of the boston guys going after his teammate

Jah did the right thing imo, sticking up fpr his teammate. Yeag itll cost him a lot of money but he backed up his teammate

Yeah, I'm not blaming Jah in any of this because he is "insanely young" and he was there trying to protect his teammates. I was just addressing the dude talking about someone insulting my wife or mother.
Nyk_Fatboy:
Carmelos better than durant, Lance stephensons better than harden, Wade, Wall, Derozan, Parker, Westbrick and i prefer antetokoumpo over Griffin, bosh and dirk but its debatable
Leor_77
Analyst
And1: 533

Post#222 » by Leor_77 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:31 am

I wish the guy in the hoodie would have been punched for blocking the camera.
cold_cowboy
Veteran
And1: 2,220

Post#223 » by cold_cowboy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:53 am

joyeuxnoel wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
joyeuxnoel wrote:
First off theres no proof he was drunk but even if he was why does it matter

Sober or drunk if a guy tries to punch my friend and start a fight im going to jump in to back up my friend

Ummm, if he was drunk illegally, that DOES matter

There is no way to prove it now considering the event passed

he's even more stupider if he was sober.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#224 » by AKfanatic » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:16 am

Poor Jahlil, he's obviously suffering from PTSD (presently traumatic Sixers disorder).

"We gots money ni...."

"Thanks for that Jahlil, I'll soon be having some of that money you gots"
NiqtheAntiq
Senior
And1: 227

Post#225 » by NiqtheAntiq » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:58 am

The Sixers owe their fans an apology for intentionally putting a D-League team out there for the past 3 seasons. They literally have developed no one in the 3 years who is a special player at all so there was really no point to this at all tanking as it has totally obliterated team moral and caused a huge negative stain on a city that has some of the best fans in the United States. The tank should have been over after last season as they had enough assets to put a semi competitive team out there on the floor and still have cap space as well as picks to complement them. The Celtics model is actually better than the Sixers and I am a Grizz fan.

THEY DONT HAVE BAD CONTRACTS, THEY ARE CLOSE TO BEING UNDER THE SALARY CAP, THEY HAVE A TON OF PICKS and so do the Sixers who have yet to win a game while the Celtics at least are competitive to visiting teams.

Why could they not just sign some vets who can at least give the Sixers a 36-41 win season. Sometimes having a 7-14 pick is a bigger blessing than having the 1st,2nd or 3rd. Just look at Anthony Bennett, Hasheem Thabeet...

All the rookies and d-leaguers they play shoot like 34 percent from the field and yet they give them like 20 minutes a game and are just going to cut them anyway at seasons end as they are scrubs. Its just a waste of time for everyone involved if you really think about it.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#226 » by LakersLegacy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:02 am

I remember a lot of fights where big guys don't connect

Say what u will about his decisions off but he is very coordinated for a big guy on and off the court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#227 » by TheRaptor! » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:05 am

okafeur

okafer

I've seen it all. I'm so done lmao
Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Post#228 » by Egg Nog » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:06 am

Wow, a lot of people making excuses for an idiot who assaulted someone.

People are delusional and seriously insecure about their manhood if they're trying to justify this as acceptable "alpha" behaviour.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#229 » by Asif16 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:11 am

Who the **** is Jahil Okafeur? Am i missing something here? :lol:
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,666

Post#230 » by ChuckChilly » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:26 am

So he punched a guy. Big deal, he's still a kid and was defending his teammate. In a country where people get shot every few minutes, Im actually happy to see people throw hands and nothing more.

It might not be related, but I hope the GM thinks long and hard about this situation. There are prices to be paid when you tank, and maybe this will make him realize that players arent just assets on a sheet of paper. Losing takes a toll, especially for guys that have been winning almost their whole lives.
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,735

Post#231 » by naabzor » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:33 am

I don't see any punch
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#232 » by Dr Aki » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:04 am

first time in months a sixer has beaten anyone
sam-hinkie
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#233 » by sam-hinkie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:09 am

NiqtheAntiq wrote:The Sixers owe their fans an apology for intentionally putting a D-League team out there for the past 3 seasons. They literally have developed no one in the 3 years who is a special player at all so there was really no point to this at all tanking as it has totally obliterated team moral and caused a huge negative stain on a city that has some of the best fans in the United States. The tank should have been over after last season as they had enough assets to put a semi competitive team out there on the floor and still have cap space as well as picks to complement them. The Celtics model is actually better than the Sixers and I am a Grizz fan.

THEY DONT HAVE BAD CONTRACTS, THEY ARE CLOSE TO BEING UNDER THE SALARY CAP, THEY HAVE A TON OF PICKS and so do the Sixers who have yet to win a game while the Celtics at least are competitive to visiting teams.

Why could they not just sign some vets who can at least give the Sixers a 36-41 win season. Sometimes having a 7-14 pick is a bigger blessing than having the 1st,2nd or 3rd. Just look at Anthony Bennett, Hasheem Thabeet...

All the rookies and d-leaguers they play shoot like 34 percent from the field and yet they give them like 20 minutes a game and are just going to cut them anyway at seasons end as they are scrubs. Its just a waste of time for everyone involved if you really think about it.

Sigh why would they want 41 wins the plan is to tank and the last 3 games went down to the wire

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#234 » by jolbin » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:32 am

sam-hinkie wrote:
NiqtheAntiq wrote:The Sixers owe their fans an apology for intentionally putting a D-League team out there for the past 3 seasons. They literally have developed no one in the 3 years who is a special player at all so there was really no point to this at all tanking as it has totally obliterated team moral and caused a huge negative stain on a city that has some of the best fans in the United States. The tank should have been over after last season as they had enough assets to put a semi competitive team out there on the floor and still have cap space as well as picks to complement them. The Celtics model is actually better than the Sixers and I am a Grizz fan.

Sigh why would they want 41 wins the plan is to tank and the last 3 games went down to the wire

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Because the ultimate goal of any team is to win? Its not good for the developing players to lose all the games. The culture of "winners" exist, and so does the culture of "losers". Why do you think Kawhi became who he became? Because he was put in a winning situation surrounded by proven veterans (winners of the NBA, Olympics, worlds, Europeans,..).
And which veteran presence do Sixers have in their team? Minnesota has Garnett, Prince and Miller. Sixers have whom? Covington :D ?
JesusHCoxMd
Analyst
And1: 2,528

Post#235 » by JesusHCoxMd » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:41 am

Okafeur? Image
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,811

Post#236 » by Mik317 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:50 am

so we should just go out and sign Tim Duncan, Manu, TP...oh and KG because they are all not only available, willing to come here.

should go get Pop too.

you guys make everything sound so easy. "yeah they should have just traded for this guy and everything will be okay".

It takes two to tango. KG level vets aren't waling through that door to be babysitters. KG is a special case and the Wolves are lucky to have him. Its not the norm however. Vets actually capable of teaching are a lot rarer than you think.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#237 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:52 am

I can't spell but dude seems like like doing bag so not gonna bother looking up his name :P
Raptors til death
GSWBlooded93
Junior
And1: 88

Post#238 » by GSWBlooded93 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:18 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
83SixersRocked wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:We need to make it illegal to say hurtful things like "the 76ers suck" so that these things don't happen. That kind of hate speech is intolerant and should be a criminal offense!

You really think that's all there was to it?

No. I'm just making fun of our hyper PC Orwellian culture that we live in.

Woah bro, can't be violating people's safe space like that! But on the real, pretty annoying how PC college campuses are now and students feel like it's a birthright to have a safe space..., turning everyone into super sensitive children...

Lol but on the real, there's a reason why they call them Massholes! I think it depends what team you root for in Massachusetts that gets you ish, after the Super Bowl, I get tons of crap whenever I wear my Seahawks jersey, some girl a few weeks ago at Target was talking to her friend pretty loudly and she was like "I really want to punch that guy in the face for wearing a Seahawks jersey." Lol kinda wanted to see if she would do it, but I could careless, thought it was hilarious rofl. As a Warriors fan, I don't really get much crap although the beginning of the season that they made the playoffs during the Lacob era, some guy was baffled I was a Warriors fan.
GSWBlooded93
Junior
And1: 88

Post#239 » by GSWBlooded93 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:23 am

London2Boston wrote:Crazy ****. I can't believe this.....

Boston has nightclubs? :)

The club scene in Boston is kinda mehh, there's only like 3-4 main clubs in Boston all around Boylston/Tufts stops, think there's more bars around. The Fenway area has a good amount of sports bars, but it's kind of dead at least when I've gone unless there's an event or game at Fenway.
zike_42
Sixth Man
And1: 500

Post#240 » by zike_42 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:00 am

Not condoning what Okafor did but it seemed to me that the guy who got hit was already falling over and then had his arms out already. Too hard to see exactly how hard he hit him but to me there was a bit of momentum to the fall. The push on the other hand, that was hard.

Return to The General Board