Jahil Okafeur Punches Guy in The face in Boston

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Re: Jahil Okafeur Punches Guy in The face in Boston 

Post#241 » by Javier Acosta » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:18 am

Egg Nog wrote:Wow, a lot of people making excuses for an idiot who assaulted someone.

People are delusional and seriously insecure about their manhood if they're trying to justify this as acceptable "alpha" behaviour.

As long as humans are humans minor stuff like this will be acceptable. I have not been in a fight since the 7th grade or something. I only helped break up a few.
WarriorsEFC
Rookie
And1: 1,111

Post#242 » by WarriorsEFC » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:35 am

He should cop 20 games and an assault charge. What a disgrace.
73-9 - GTOAT.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#243 » by DrCoach » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:36 am

NiqtheAntiq wrote:The Sixers owe their fans an apology for intentionally putting a D-League team out there for the past 3 seasons. They literally have developed no one in the 3 years who is a special player at all so there was really no point to this at all tanking as it has totally obliterated team moral and caused a huge negative stain on a city that has some of the best fans in the United States. The tank should have been over after last season as they had enough assets to put a semi competitive team out there on the floor and still have cap space as well as picks to complement them. The Celtics model is actually better than the Sixers and I am a Grizz fan.

THEY DONT HAVE BAD CONTRACTS, THEY ARE CLOSE TO BEING UNDER THE SALARY CAP, THEY HAVE A TON OF PICKS and so do the Sixers who have yet to win a game while the Celtics at least are competitive to visiting teams.

Why could they not just sign some vets who can at least give the Sixers a 36-41 win season. Sometimes having a 7-14 pick is a bigger blessing than having the 1st,2nd or 3rd. Just look at Anthony Bennett, Hasheem Thabeet...

All the rookies and d-leaguers they play shoot like 34 percent from the field and yet they give them like 20 minutes a game and are just going to cut them anyway at seasons end as they are scrubs. Its just a waste of time for everyone involved if you really think about it.

Celtics have Zero franchise players so I don't think they have the best model

They do have a excellent coach but they will be a treadmill team unless singe can swing a deal ALA Houston and James Harden

There is a reason why they couldn't swing a deal this past draft, there assets were too low in value although plentiful

Sixers have the assets to swing a blockbuster 7 days of the week
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#244 » by DrCoach » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:42 am

ChuckChilly wrote:So he punched a guy. Big deal, he's still a kid and was defending his teammate. In a country where people get shot every few minutes, Im actually happy to see people throw hands and nothing more.

It might not be related, but I hope the GM thinks long and hard about this situation. There are prices to be paid when you tank, and maybe this will make him realize that players arent just assets on a sheet of paper. Losing takes a toll, especially for guys that have been winning almost their whole lives.

The Big deals are

1. He is 7ft 270lbs and could have killed that guy with one punch, especially if he bumped his head
2. If the guy has any type of serious injury Okafur can go to jail for a felony assault
3. This stupid move will cost him lots of money with
A. Suspensions from the league
B. Lawyer fees
C. Being sued
4. He has now tarnished his reputation which could cost him more money down the line in negotiations.

GM's will take a long look at this situation and it won't be favourable for Okafor
ShazaamLion
Banned User
And1: 199

Post#245 » by ShazaamLion » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:43 am

I don't blame Jahlil

everybody wants to punch a boston CAC at least once in their life. Even white people don't like boston.
BRme4eva
Junior
And1: 203

Post#246 » by BRme4eva » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:50 am

not enough Duke jokes ITT imo
Q C
Rookie
And1: 1,558

Post#247 » by Q C » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:48 pm

looks like hes a loser off the court too
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#248 » by cksdayoff » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:56 pm

ShazaamLion wrote:I don't blame Jahlil

everybody wants to punch a boston CAC at least once in their life. Even white people don't like boston.

CAC!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
#failforfultz
anarchy24
Pro Prospect
And1: 230

Post#249 » by anarchy24 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:03 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:He should be suspended for 20 games this is terrible he hit the guy hard the guy should sue him Sixers are a joke i thought duke had good guys

Dude, ever heard of a period or a comma? Just saying.

On topic. Maybe that's what the Lakers saw? A little immature for him to do that. Even though he's really young, he needs to control it better.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#250 » by zimpy27 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:21 pm

OP did well on the title. Jahil Okafeur. lol
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
KFL
Junior
And1: 300

Post#251 » by KFL » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:24 pm

He shouldnt be suspended, Instead of taking away victories the NBA should add wins to their record. That will show them!!
lilswift01
Rookie
And1: 927

Post#252 » by lilswift01 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:36 pm

This situation probably wouldn't happen if the sixers hadnt lost 26 in a row.
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#253 » by WhateverBro » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Okafeur :lol:
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#254 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:58 pm

NiqtheAntiq wrote:The Sixers owe their fans an apology for intentionally putting a D-League team out there for the past 3 seasons. They literally have developed no one in the 3 years who is a special player at all so there was really no point to this at all tanking as it has totally obliterated team moral and caused a huge negative stain on a city that has some of the best fans in the United States. The tank should have been over after last season as they had enough assets to put a semi competitive team out there on the floor and still have cap space as well as picks to complement them. The Celtics model is actually better than the Sixers and I am a Grizz fan.

THEY DONT HAVE BAD CONTRACTS, THEY ARE CLOSE TO BEING UNDER THE SALARY CAP, THEY HAVE A TON OF PICKS and so do the Sixers who have yet to win a game while the Celtics at least are competitive to visiting teams.

Why could they not just sign some vets who can at least give the Sixers a 36-41 win season. Sometimes having a 7-14 pick is a bigger blessing than having the 1st,2nd or 3rd. Just look at Anthony Bennett, Hasheem Thabeet...

All the rookies and d-leaguers they play shoot like 34 percent from the field and yet they give them like 20 minutes a game and are just going to cut them anyway at seasons end as they are scrubs. Its just a waste of time for everyone involved if you really think about it.

Wow! You really have no clue. I'm so glad you're not the GM of the Sixers because if you were we would never have a chance to win a title.
woadraider
Freshman
And1: 74

Post#255 » by woadraider » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:30 pm

lilswift01 wrote:This situation probably wouldn't happen if the sixers hadnt lost 26 in a row.

yeah, especially the first 10 of that streak must have really gotten to Okafor :lol:
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#256 » by Javier Acosta » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:43 pm

WarriorsEFC wrote:He should cop 20 games and an assault charge. What a disgrace.

NBA players also like to bang them some hookers. Should they be spied on? Maybe we could have an NBA season with half the the talent coming from the d league.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#257 » by machu46 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm

TKainZero wrote:Well

Okafor is dumb.
Like dumb...

Barely 15 games in, he is a street brawler...

He got a little bit defensive... Lol

A rarity for him.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#258 » by hookshot199 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm

DrCoach wrote:
ChuckChilly wrote:So he punched a guy. Big deal, he's still a kid and was defending his teammate. In a country where people get shot every few minutes, Im actually happy to see people throw hands and nothing more.

It might not be related, but I hope the GM thinks long and hard about this situation. There are prices to be paid when you tank, and maybe this will make him realize that players arent just assets on a sheet of paper. Losing takes a toll, especially for guys that have been winning almost their whole lives.

The Big deals are

1. He is 7ft 270lbs and could have killed that guy with one punch, especially if he bumped his head
2. If the guy has any type of serious injury Okafur can go to jail for a felony assault
B. Lawyer fees
C. Being sued
4. He has now tarnished his reputation which could cost him more money down the line in negotiations.

GM's will take a long look at this situation and it won't be favourable for Okafor

Let's see a) if the victim steps forward and b) if any injuries were sustained. The push was much more violent than the punch, which could have been thrown by my sister. The punch I saw looked more like Ali's 'phantom punch' that knocked out Sonny Liston in their second fight. Even if he gets sued (not unlikely), I doubt that it will have longterm damage to his reputation. But it is probably the first real knock on Hinkie's plan. He created the situation going into the season without a veteran point guard. I understand why - six injuries plus three or four roster spots to hold for next season - but the buck does stop with him on this one. In the last four minutes of the Celtics game, we had something like four turnovers. Not excuse.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#259 » by DrCoach » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:55 pm

hookshot199 wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

The Big deals are

B. Lawyer fees
C. Being sued

Let's see a) if the victim steps forward and b) if any injuries were sustained. The push was much more violent than the punch, which could have been thrown by my sister. The punch I saw looked more like Ali's 'phantom punch' that knocked out Sonny Liston in their second fight. Even if he gets sued (not unlikely), I doubt that it will have longterm damage to his reputation. But it is probably the first real knock on Hinkie's plan. He created the situation going into the season without a veteran point guard. I understand why - six injuries plus three or four roster spots to hold for next season - but the buck does stop with him on this one. In the last four minutes of the Celtics game, we had something like four turnovers. Not excuse.

Push, punch or slap, that's Assault. I.e. Illegal and a punishable offence in and out of the NBA. Period.

This one stupid move has the potential to cost him 1+ million dollars easily
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#260 » by PerkinsFor3 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:57 pm

I don't think it's smart at all.

BUT who in his right mind would yell at a random 7 foot black guy his hair looks weird or his girlfriend is ugly? But since he's an athlete, people feel they can say anything they like. Think again.

Return to The General Board