Your thoughts on the rookies, but....

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Re: Your thoughts on the rookies, but.... 

Post#41 » by Austincys21 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:22 am

1. KAT he's going to be in the same category as AD and may be better

2. DLO is getting better each game. I love his shot as it's very good for his age and only can get better. His D needs to get better as a lot of his game does. I'll give him 4 years before he's where he needs to be.

3. Oak is a solid guy and I think he will be for many years. I don't see crazy superstar in him but like I said before a Al Jefferson is a good comparison.

4. Porzingis is the 2nd best an will be the future in NY. Although because his height and lankiness I hope he doesn't endure injury issues within his knees. Other than that this kid may win an MVP sometime down the line. NY deserves a guy like him and deserve to be just a better team.

I think a guy who will be a star is Justice Winslow, he's easily the best wing defender of all rookies and is super athletic. I can see the same category as Paul George and Kwahi Leonard in 3-4 years. He was the pick I wanted the Lakers to get and I still wish we went and got him.
Westbreezy
Pro Prospect
And1: 951

Re: Your thoughts on the rookies, but.... 

Post#42 » by Westbreezy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:05 am

Suppe wrote:Bustangelo can't play point guard, guards just run by him. He will eventually need to adjust to the 2 spot.

I know you guys like to run off of pure narrative without any substance but he has a higher defensive rating than Curry had as a rookie and Russell's playing on a much worse defensive team (29th D Rating). Even though D'Angelo's not the fastest PG the fact that he's 6'5 and has a 6'10 wingspan will help a ton defensively in pick and roll situations. Eventually the goal is to have a GSW style defense where every player switches and can hold their own against the player they're guarding and if your PG is tall and long thats obviously a huge help. He's not there yet but if he develops, he has the tools to be part of a sound defensive scheme.
dub81 wrote:Byron had to do one of two things this year: Either win games or develop the youth. Swung and missed wildly on both.

Lakers 2015-16 Season in a Nutshell

Return to The General Board