Should LeBron have stayed in Miami?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Makaveli DaDon
Senior
And1: 514

Re: Should LeBron have stayed in Miami? 

Post#81 » by Makaveli DaDon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:06 pm

jumpstart wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Yes he should have stayed in Miami. Cleveland should have kept wiggins and have a Kyrie and Wiggins Core for the future. Cleveland is gonna keep getting beat in the finals and lebrons legacy will keep going down. Atleast he won 2 in Miami

Which is why D Wade should be ranked ahead of LBJ in terms of GOAT.

Imma a heat fan but your tripping.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Makaveli DaDon
Senior
And1: 514

Post#82 » by Makaveli DaDon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:07 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:who was actually a threat to the heat if lebron stayed?
the pacers dissembled its roster
hawks are not there yet
wizards not there yet
bulls? bron always has their number

now all he did was made it easier for another team to win the championship against him, hence even teams like okc, clippers, memphis might have a chance of beating this current cavs team if they can make it into the finals...

Exactly he had no threat at all. The only goal would be to beat San Antonio with defense.

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,974

Post#83 » by garrick » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:33 pm

The problem with both Heat and Cleveland teams is a relatively weak bench because their cap space.

Since LBJ's departure the Heat have gotten more assets with Whiteside and Dragic but that probably wouldn't be the case if LBJ was still there.

They've also foolishly tied up TT in a undeserved long term contract that he will probably never live up to which could have been better spent attracting some quality free agents instead of players on their last legs like Richard Jefferson or a headcase like JR Smith.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#84 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:38 pm

LOL
Devassa
Sixth Man
And1: 1,359

Post#85 » by Devassa » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:43 pm

Golden State still would have beaten them.. He made the right move for his reputation, but it didn't reall help or hurt his title chances.. They would still be the 3rd or 4th best team in the league had they kept the same core.
triple_threat
Veteran
And1: 2,045

Post#86 » by triple_threat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 pm

its funny ppl are writing of cleveland. Lebron has another gear as he showed in the playoffs last year. they lost 4-2 with all the injuries and this year they are a better team. they need to focus on health and playing better together and rotations and they have a shot (albeit an underdog shot) at winnign the title this year. and we all know lebron's legeacy will go through the roof if this happens
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#87 » by therealbig3 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 pm

No, I think Miami hit its peak with LeBron. The only reason why the Heat look ok now is because they were able to fill in the rest of the roster with quality players that they wouldn't have if they had LeBron. Even then, they're nothing special.

If Love and Kyrie can start to play with consistency, and LeBron is able to shoot like he was in Miami, the Cavs are a better team than what LeBron would have had to work with in Miami. And obviously, playing in Cleveland feels much better for him than playing in Miami, so he made the right decision all-around.

I mean, I seem to remember the 2014 Heat get their asses handed to them by the Spurs too, and LeBron actually played really well in that Finals. And that was a Spurs team that wasn't even as good as they are now. Acting like that Heat team with LeBron would have been able to compete with the Warriors and Spurs any better than the Cavs can is pretty silly.

IMO, the Cavs at least have the potential to compete with the Spurs and Warriors, based on pure talent (they can't play the way they did last night though, obviously). With Wade's decline, and the supporting cast being pretty lame towards the end, the Heat were not as talented as the Cavs.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#88 » by walk with me » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:57 pm

is it too late to add a vote?
ryanpuge
Senior
And1: 619

Post#89 » by ryanpuge » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:12 pm

NO!!!
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#90 » by jumpstart » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Makaveli DaDon wrote:
jumpstart wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Yes he should have stayed in Miami. Cleveland should have kept wiggins and have a Kyrie and Wiggins Core for the future. Cleveland is gonna keep getting beat in the finals and lebrons legacy will keep going down. Atleast he won 2 in Miami

Which is why D Wade should be ranked ahead of LBJ in terms of GOAT.

Imma a heat fan but your tripping.

The onyl reason LBJ got the confidence he has today is become he was a p*ssy and needed to team up with Bosh and Wade. Wade is more clutch and has the mental edge. just my opinion. If it wasn'r for Wade, LBJ wouldn't be where he is today. Fact.

XtremeNite
Sophomore
And1: 1,395

Post#91 » by XtremeNite » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:34 pm

damecurry wrote:
RememberLu wrote:I think yes, I would throw my chips in with Riley any day. I think the Heat are clearly a better run organization.

This. Going beyond just the rosters on paper, people are forgetting that Wade and Bosh both publicly said they would take significant paycuts not just to keep lebron there but to be able to add to their core. I think it's likely whiteside still happens anyway since they'd be fairly thin at C still, and the heater are just better managed from top to bottom. Lebron is a fantastic player, but he's not a coach or gm and he's been operating like it in Cleveland, Miami had the infrastructure/respectable leadership to rein him in both on and off the court.

This is an underrated point. LeBron himself hasn't nearly been as good in Cleveland as he was in Miami. He's not even in consideration in the MVP race anymore. LeBron's decline alone hurts the team quality significantly.
WolvesGuy14
Sixth Man
And1: 2,047

Post#92 » by WolvesGuy14 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:38 pm

gom wrote:No. It was his time to move on. Most of the time people in good situations get complacent and resist change. You need to know the right time to move on.

I don't think we could have won without some major changes. You could see in 2014 that the Spurs beat us without sweating.

Is this really THAT true, though?

If LeBron doesn't cramp up, the Heat potentially could have went home with a 2-0 lead.
noobcake wrote:I would trade Wiggins for Love any day. Wiggins projects as a role player for me.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#93 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:39 pm

therealbig3 wrote:I mean, I seem to remember the 2014 Heat get their asses handed to them by the Spurs too, and LeBron actually played really well in that Finals. And that was a Spurs team that wasn't even as good as they are now. Acting like that Heat team with LeBron would have been able to compete with the Warriors and Spurs any better than the Cavs can is pretty silly.

Bingo! James, Wade, and Bosh were all younger, playing better, with championship experience and high-level systems and still got their behinds handed to them by the Spurs.

The things wrong with the Cavs can be fixed and the losses to the Spurs and Warriors will help them realize that they have to get better.

The Heat, otoh, were limited by Arison's unwillingness to pay the repeater tax.

Pau Gasol would have been an interesting addition to the Heat - that is if he joined them - but any Bulls fan will tell you what he brings is a mixed bag ... the thing is he's 35 ... Kevin Love is 27.

So, yeah, add Gasol but subtract Whiteside, McBob, Deng, Winslow, and Dragic with Wade/Bosh/James who are all in decline and that's a better team?
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#94 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:45 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I mean, I seem to remember the 2014 Heat get their asses handed to them by the Spurs too, and LeBron actually played really well in that Finals. And that was a Spurs team that wasn't even as good as they are now. Acting like that Heat team with LeBron would have been able to compete with the Warriors and Spurs any better than the Cavs can is pretty silly.

Bingo! James, Wade, and Bosh were all younger, playing better, with championship experience and high-level systems and still got their behinds handed to them by the Spurs.

The things wrong with the Cavs can be fixed and the losses to the Spurs and Warriors will help them realize that they have to get better.

The Heat, otoh, were limited by Arison's unwillingness to pay the repeater tax.

Pau Gasol would have been an interesting addition to the Heat - that is if he joined them - but any Bulls fan will tell you what he brings is a mixed bag ... the thing is he's 35 ... Kevin Love is 27.

So, yeah, add Gasol but subtract Whiteside, McBob, Deng, Winslow, and Dragic with Wade/Bosh/James who are all in decline and that's a better team?

Well, McBob has barely played in 2 years so far and Deng's minutes go directly to LeBron. Whiteside is still easily obtainable, Dragic they COULD still get as they got him for scraps before, but might not make the move. Winslow is the only definite and real loss there, and he's basically nothing but potential for now anyways (good defender, zero offensive game).

On top of all this, remember you have Riley up top. Repeater tax or not, he consistently makes moves to put his teams into contention, he does not stand idle or let things implode.

To me its a 2 part question. Do you want to go to battle with Wade/Bosh or Irving/Love? I think Wade/Bosh are still the safer pick, and I think Bosh is so much better than Love in the games that matter that it isn't even a question really if teams like GSW and San Antonio are the challenge.

And part 2, not who are the pieces surrounding those 3, because those are interchangeable. But who is going to consistently put together the better pieces? Miami, or Cleveland? I'm biased, but even the people in this thread have almost unanimously stated they'd trust Riley over the Cavs in that regard. Just look at this offseason, Miami was able to lure Gerald Green to a vet minimum contract, while Cleveland had to give J.R. Smith a mid level deal, yet both guys are performing about the same, with Green a year younger.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#95 » by gom » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:10 pm

WolvesGuy14 wrote:
gom wrote:No. It was his time to move on. Most of the time people in good situations get complacent and resist change. You need to know the right time to move on.

I don't think we could have won without some major changes. You could see in 2014 that the Spurs beat us without sweating.

If LeBron doesn't cramp up, the Heat potentially could have went home with a 2-0 lead.

No. It's entirely true. We were thoroughly outclassed.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#96 » by bape_lovers » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 pm

Prime Bron was unstoppable

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#97 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:19 pm

He can't make a jump shot and his defense sucks. Being in Miami wouldn't fix that (unless it's a 2 week HGH vacation).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLXYiF_BdAs[/youtube]
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Post#98 » by tonyreyes123 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Yes, LeBron should've stayed in Miami and recruited a ringless Durant the same way Wade recruited him. After last nites debacle I'm starting to think LeBron is done winning championships, this Cavs team just doesn't have "it".
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#99 » by Froob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:22 pm

I feel like someone is going to necro this thread in June and a lot of people are going to look dumb. Don't judge LeBron on the regular season....I hate the guy but he's a different animal in the playoffs.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#100 » by Froob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:24 pm

gom wrote:
WolvesGuy14 wrote:

No. It's entirely true. We were thoroughly outclassed.

The wild part is LeBron was argumently the best player in that series and played far better than the year they beat the Spurs.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to The General Board