Trade Deadline Predictions | Who Gets Moved?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Re: Trade Deadline Predictions | Who Gets Moved? 

Post#21 » by Pillendreher » Sun Feb 7, 2016 3:02 pm

Waiters I hope. Presti can't be that stupid to keep him
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#22 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 7, 2016 3:04 pm

Asif16 wrote:Suns and Nets have to at least be moving 1 player from their team no? Like 100 guarantee it seems like.

Nets are conducting GM interview on monday... say we hire someone that day. gives them 10 days to make a deal.

nets could wait unti the offseason to try and unload thad or brook for picks and space. they have no incentive to win(basically mathematically eliminated already) or lose (no pick).

woudlnt suprise me to see nothing done on our end
Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#23 » by Alienware » Sun Feb 7, 2016 3:45 pm

We will probably move some of our veterans. Any taker for Williams, Bass or Hibbert?

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,256

Post#24 » by mrdressup » Sun Feb 7, 2016 4:10 pm

Alienware wrote:We will probably move some of our veterans. Any taker for Williams, Bass or Hibbert?

Those guys are going to be hard to move. Lou is straight poison, imho. Never understood that acquisition. Good teams have been letting him go for a reason. Now, a putrid team wants nothing of him. If you find a GM that loves stats more than synergies try him.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#25 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Feb 7, 2016 4:19 pm

mrdressup wrote:
Alienware wrote:We will probably move some of our veterans. Any taker for Williams, Bass or Hibbert?

Those guys are going to be hard to move. Lou is straight poison, imho. Never understood that acquisition. Good teams have been letting him go for a reason. Now, a putrid team wants nothing of him. If you find a GM that loves stats more than synergies try him.

Laker fans want nothing of him because he's taking time away from Russell. Scott clearly has a crush on Lou and there are definitely one or two teams dumb enough to want Lou as a sixth man somewhere.
Dynomike
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#26 » by Dynomike » Sun Feb 7, 2016 5:00 pm

I imagine management might look for takers for Tony Allen or Courtney Lee. Trading Zbo wouldn't shock me either.
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#27 » by KobeBryant24 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 5:02 pm

PockyCandy wrote:Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams Lou Williams

And swaggy / bass please
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#28 » by Nolan » Sun Feb 7, 2016 5:13 pm

Other than a couple vets moving around and Portland taking on salary to get to the floor I could see it being a pretty boring deadline.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,517

Post#29 » by Dominator83 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 5:22 pm

Pillendreher wrote:Waiters I hope. Presti can't be that stupid to keep him

I don't think anybodys stupid enough to take him either
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Run PDX
Pro Prospect
And1: 451

Post#30 » by Run PDX » Sun Feb 7, 2016 5:52 pm

Neil Olshey said that he might want to keep the cap flexibility through the draft, and that he wouldn't make a trade just to reach the floor level of the salary cap at the deadline. That means that, so long as the cap is used in a trade which brings in a non-expiring deal on draft night, Portland could still make a deal under the current CBA.

So, I cannot imagine Portland going after a large contract - even if it is expiring - for the sake of hitting a floor. Either the player would have to be well worth their money, or there would have to be some kind of incentives for the team to make a deal.

I will predict, however, that Portland will use a portion of the remaining cap - and a player or two - to help a three way trade happen.
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,318

Post#31 » by Walmart » Sun Feb 7, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm hoping GMs around the league make some moves given how much better Golden State and San Antonio are better now and in the long term than any other teams in the league. OKC's one move away and should trade Kanter IMO.

That said I predict Fournier, Gay, Thad Young, and MCW get moved.

Return to The General Board