SAC turmoil reaching boiling point. Vlade, Cousins skip out on exit interview

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ubernathan
Veteran
And1: 548

Re: SAC turmoil reaching boiling point. Vlade, Cousins skip out on exit interview 

Post#41 » by ubernathan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Cousins is the new Iverson. No matter how well he plays, people want talk more about not doing things 'the right way' off the court. He's mad and sullen because he is passionate about the game. If you have been losing for years that ought to put you in a terrible mood. He needs another scorer to play with. When Rudy Gay and Darren Collison are your next two scorers, you are going to have a bad time.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: SAC turmoil reaching boiling point. Vlade, Cousins skip out on exit interview 

Post#42 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:57 pm

Ehh, Kemp was a pretty big diva for most of his career too. He got traded to Cleveland because the Sonics got fed up with his sulking, constant demands/ultimatums and laziness.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#43 » by KF10 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Err, what?

I watched the entire video posted in the OP, and didn't even derived anything that can be considered that "turmoil reached boiling point" angle.

To me, Cousins actually came off a little embarrassed when he said he didn't have an exit interview.

For those who are lazy to even watch a 1 or 2 minute video, here is what Cousins said:

We didn’t have one [exit interview]. Nah, me and Vlade didn’t. We’re on the same page man. We know what we have to do moving forward, we know we have a lot of building to do. We don’t have to talk about it, we’re on the same page.

Cousins' opinion on what should the Kings be looking for in a (good) coach:

Accountability, from the first guy on the roster to the last guy on the roster. Accountability. Structure. A common goal, a goal that everybody has in mind. No personal vendettas. It’s about winning, period.

Very misleading title -- almost borderline of the yellow journalistic variety.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,077

Post#44 » by MrBigShot » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Can't help but wonder where the Kings would be right now if Malone hadn't been fired. Cousins has some issues, but with so much instability its hard not too. How many coaches has he played for now?
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#45 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:41 pm

Sounds like Vlade didn't ask for an exit interview - sounds like no controversy and I am NOT a fan of Cousins.
Here's a suggestion for Sacramento, since they have been paying coaches after firing them. Hire the next coach on a month-to-month contract. That way when he gets fired, it isn't so costly.
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#46 » by miltk » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:06 pm

cousins <---> the team with the first or second pick + a couple of other players.

doesn't anyone see that cousins is simply bad news. he had issues with calipari, and cal is used to managing egos. sac will continue to spin it's wheels and by the time they realize it and want to unload cousins, other teams will rape 'em because they'll know sac is behind the eight-ball
Novocaine
Veteran
And1: 1,584

Post#47 » by Novocaine » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:08 pm

KramerDSP wrote:Please help me understand exit interviews. I always thought they were done in house where the coach and GM would tell the players what they need to work on over the summer.

The Sixers forum was up in arms because exit interviews were done on the road while they were in Chicago for the last game of the regular season and I didn't get what all the aggravation was all about. Thanks in advance!

In that sense, they're mostly an anachronism at this point. A nice anachronism that I personally like and think teams should keep doing, but still one. They're still a thing because they've become a media event of sorts.
Shaud
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,061

Post#48 » by Shaud » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:23 pm

I love how people said Cousins had issues at Kentucky when he did not. Cal hates him so much that he visits Cousins any chance he gets
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#49 » by Slava » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:42 pm

Shaud wrote:I love how people said Cousins had issues at Kentucky when he did not. Cal hates him so much that he visits Cousins any chance he gets

I'd visit millionaire boosters to get money for my program too.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
reignfire
Sixth Man
And1: 864

Post#50 » by reignfire » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:48 pm

I put some blame on Cousins but most of the blame goes to the Kings.

They are historically dysfunctional. They make the Wolves owner look like bob kraft.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,264

Post#51 » by kodo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:34 am

I think it's important to point out when Cousins said "we didn't have one" Cousins was cracking up laughing, like he just got busted for skipping school or something.

And then he said "me & Vlade are on the same page."
gusman
Analyst
And1: 355

Post#52 » by gusman » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:56 am

Cousins is the problem.
Shaud
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,061

Post#53 » by Shaud » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:08 am

Slava wrote:
Shaud wrote:I love how people said Cousins had issues at Kentucky when he did not. Cal hates him so much that he visits Cousins any chance he gets

If he had an issue worth mentioning then he wouldn't visit him and talk good about him so much period
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#54 » by Slava » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:13 am

Shaud wrote:
Slava wrote:

If he had an issue worth mentioning then he wouldn't visit him and talk good about him so much period

I wouldn't talk bad about a booster giving money to my program either.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#55 » by GimmeDat » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:37 am

Not much to see here, but generally speaking, DMC has to be close to the end of his Kings tenure.
SashaTheMachine
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#56 » by SashaTheMachine » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:54 am

say the celtics land 1/2 pick and offer it + for dmc?
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#57 » by Spens1 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:09 am

Tobi wrote:say the celtics land 1/2 pick and offer it + for dmc?

They'd be mad not to

Nevermind that, we should consider doing that

I'd almost keep Byron Scott on for this for the interactions :lol:

Anyway If we did this we automatically become a more attractive F.A destination, though if we did, the next trade i would do is trading Randle to be honest
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,293

Post#58 » by Black Jack » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:21 am

Teen Girl Squad wrote:How many 30 win seasons does it take for them to go "hmm, maybe Cousins' isn't that integral to our success long term?" People bailed on Dwight for a lot less than this. Trade him to the Celtics and get a bunch of picks. Hire a real coach/GM and accept the rebuild. They are run like a championship team perennially reloading when they are a lottery team.

Didn't they trade a bunch of future picks to Philly?

Vivek is the worst :nonono:

Stay strong kings fans...

p.s. whatever you do Kings, do NOT trade Cousins to the Lakers. after the refs stole a ring? aw hail naw! If I was Sacto GM I'd send Cousins anywhere but LA.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#59 » by Kupchak9 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:41 am

Seattle deserves a team but I wouldnt consider the Kings to be that team. They need a young team with potential. A team with valuable assets worth investing in like what OKC did. Im looking at the Suns.

The name would be sweetly ironic really. Seattle Suns.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#60 » by TeamTragic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:49 am

Kupchak9 wrote:Seattle deserves a team but I wouldnt consider the Kings to be that team. They need a young team with potential. A team with valuable assets worth investing in like what OKC did. Im looking at the Suns.

The name would be sweetly ironic really. Seattle Suns.

I would definitely follow the SUNS franchise into Seattle. Hands down without hesitation.

Return to The General Board