Total votes: 273

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,604

Re: You are the Sixers. Who you draft? 

Post#301 » by Duke4life831 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:04 am

Dr Aki wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:Simmons over Ingram easily and it's not even close. Simmons is one of the best prospects to come around in years. Sixers are taking Simmons. It's not even a debate.

"not close"

Lol im sure if there was a poll about Anthony Davis and MKG back in 2012 the results would be similar to this....
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#302 » by Teen Girl Squad » Tue May 24, 2016 3:12 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:Simmons over Ingram easily and it's not even close. Simmons is one of the best prospects to come around in years. Sixers are taking Simmons. It's not even a debate.

"not close"

Lol im sure if there was a poll about Anthony Davis and MKG back in 2012 the results would be similar to this....

LOL nope. AD was the consensus number 1. He was a bit like KAT in that they over-delivered on predraft expectations but both were consensus (more so on ADs part) number 1 picks. No one debates that Simmons should have been locked in at 1 (still probably is). He just has a lot of red flags that could limit/sabotage his career, which is why there is debate for Ingram.
APettyJ
Junior
And1: 221

Re: Re: You are the Sixers. Who you draft? 

Post#303 » by APettyJ » Tue May 24, 2016 3:20 am

Capn'O wrote:
sfernald wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
That was the benefit of using the word "considering."

"considering" implies intent that may not be there. They may be interested in acquiring another pick. It is rumored they like Dunn. Also, this front office unlike Hinkie is about relationship building. This is a great opportunity to build a relationship with the top young players of this draft who may one day be available as free agents.

And with other front offices. Let me put it this way - if I were a front office exec with pick 3-5 and wanted Simmons, I'd be on the phone already about it with this news. Especially knowing they need guards.

Um, the Sixers interviewed and tried out a lot of players every year under Hinkie, a lot more than the usual it was noted. What's more, he would travel to go watch players in other locales. If trying out players is a sign that a GM is about relationships, Colangelo is far worst than Hinkie.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
APettyJ
Junior

Post#304 » by APettyJ » Tue May 24, 2016 3:26 am

Everyone keeps referring to Ingram's "all-around game". WHAT all-around game? He is generally considered the rawer of the two, with the less developed skills. Simmons has the scoring ability, the passing, the vision (as an aside, people are ignoring these two capabilities when talking about the problems Simmons will have when driving to the rim, and they are supposedly elite), defensive play (when he actually is focused). Ingram has one thing over Simmons right now talent wise, and that's shooting ability. People keep conflating shooting ability with being a scorer, though: Simmons scored the more ppg, while also shooting for a higher TS%, 19 to 17,.60 to 55.

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#305 » by 76ciology » Tue May 24, 2016 6:55 am

APettyJ wrote:Everyone keeps referring to Ingram's "all-around game". WHAT all-around game? He is generally considered the rawer of the two, with the less developed skills. Simmons has the scoring ability, the passing, the vision (as an aside, people are ignoring these two capabilities when talking about the problems Simmons will have when driving to the rim, and they are supposedly elite), defensive play (when he actually is focused). Ingram has one thing over Simmons right now talent wise, and that's shooting ability. People keep conflating shooting ability with being a scorer, though: Simmons scored the more ppg, while also shooting for a higher TS%, 19 to 17,.60 to 55.

Do you think he can still score 75% at the rim?

LBJ is around 65-68%. LBJ is a much better shooter than him.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Post#306 » by immortalone23 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:58 am

All those little flip shots and layups Simmons won't be able to get off against longer players with his average wingspan similar to Blake.
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#307 » by Duke4life831 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:26 am

APettyJ wrote:Everyone keeps referring to Ingram's "all-around game". WHAT all-around game? He is generally considered the rawer of the two, with the less developed skills. Simmons has the scoring ability, the passing, the vision (as an aside, people are ignoring these two capabilities when talking about the problems Simmons will have when driving to the rim, and they are supposedly elite), defensive play (when he actually is focused). Ingram has one thing over Simmons right now talent wise, and that's shooting ability. People keep conflating shooting ability with being a scorer, though: Simmons scored the more ppg, while also shooting for a higher TS%, 19 to 17,.60 to 55.

People say that cause he has a better all around game. Ingram is the more versatile defender, can guard the perimeter better and a much better rim protector. Ingram may not have the rebound totals like Simmons but he was still a good rebounder 8 a game in conference play and he played a ton out in the perimeter. Ingram is also the better jump shooter and is an elite Iso scorer, higher ppp on Iso plays than KD coming out of college. The thing with Ingram is he was a late bloomer (wasn't even a top 20 prospect a year and a half ago), and he doesn't really have to many holes in his game. He is solid in almost every area, just no one knows how well he can handle the physicality of the NBA.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#308 » by Duke4life831 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:28 am

immortalone23 wrote:All those little flip shots and layups Simmons won't be able to get off against longer players with his average wingspan similar to Blake.

Yup Simmons biggest question mark is how is he going to score in the half court. No jumper and really no low post game. He was a great at Scoring at the rim cause of his huge advantage in size and athleticism, he won't have that anymore in the NBA
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#309 » by Coeur » Tue May 24, 2016 8:03 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:All those little flip shots and layups Simmons won't be able to get off against longer players with his average wingspan similar to Blake.

Yup Simmons biggest question mark is how is he going to score in the half court. No jumper and really no low post game. He was a great at Scoring at the rim cause of his huge advantage in size and athleticism, he won't have that anymore in the NBA

Unless the team that drafts him can afford to play him at sf. (His highest ceiling position) the Sixers can
APettyJ
Junior

Post#310 » by APettyJ » Tue May 24, 2016 11:16 am

Brandon MAY have all of those advantages over Simmons someday, but that wasn't the case this season. Simmons had a DBPM of 5.3 to Ingram's 2.9; DRTG of 98.4 to 104.4; stocks 2.8pg/3.2p40 to 2.5/4.2 (Ingram advantage with blocks).

The potential is there for Ingram, and I don't doubt he'll reach it....but Simmons is already there, and just as Ingram will grow, develop and adjust so will Simmons.

Simmons excellent vision and passing abilities should help him with defenders who won't play him as a shooting threat. When he drives they will collapse, leaving an Embiid, Okafor or Saric down low, which could lead to an open man in the corner or elsewhere on the perimeter. Court vision is huge.

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#311 » by KF10 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:27 am

As flawed Simmons is as a player, I have to go with him. Ingram doesn't wow me as much as Simmons does. From what I heard from actual (Duke) fans who watch Ingram's entire first year with Duke, they prefer Winslow (who was #10 in last year's draft) over Ingram.
matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Post#312 » by matt6715 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Trade Okafor to the Lakers, draft both
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#313 » by sixerswillrule » Tue May 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

"not close"

If by similar you mean that 100% of people in 2012 said Davis should go first, then sure.

Here you go.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#314 » by Dr Aki » Tue May 24, 2016 1:52 pm

matt6715 wrote:Trade Okafor to the Lakers, draft both

yeh nah
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,451

Post#315 » by Snotbubbles » Tue May 24, 2016 2:26 pm

matt6715 wrote:Trade Okafor to the Lakers, draft both

Pass. The Sixers can get their wing player next draft with the Lakers pick.
matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Post#316 » by matt6715 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:53 pm

Honestly I feel bad for the Sixers. Getting the first pick in this draft hardly seems like a sure thing. I just don't see Simmons being some Lebron-lite superstar and Ingram might get to a star level eventually but he comes with his own risks. Tough break for a franchise looking for a franchise player if you ask me
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#317 » by Duke4life831 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
"not close"

If by similar you mean that 100% of people in 2012 said Davis should go first, then sure.

Here you go.

Maybe I should've used green font. My post is supposed to very sarcastic. AD is a perfect example of being a no brainer, no debate of a choice, lock at #1. This year is clearly not that, hell it's probably 50/50 between the top mock drafts and it's clearly 50/50. If you say it is a no brainer or whatever then you're wrong. These guys are clearly 1A, 1b in this draft
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#318 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:21 pm

matt6715 wrote:Honestly I feel bad for the Sixers. Getting the first pick in this draft hardly seems like a sure thing. I just don't see Simmons being some Lebron-lite superstar and Ingram might get to a star level eventually but he comes with his own risks. Tough break for a franchise looking for a franchise player if you ask me

DIsagree. There are only 3 players in the last 3 drafts who are transcendent. Embiid and Towns and Simmons. The Sixers will get 2 of them. This is the perfect drat to get the top pick. Simmons is special.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#319 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Here you go.

Maybe I should've used green font. My post is supposed to very sarcastic. AD is a perfect example of being a no brainer, no debate of a choice, lock at #1. This year is clearly not that, hell it's probably 50/50 between the top mock drafts and it's clearly 50/50. If you say it is a no brainer or whatever then you're wrong. These guys are clearly 1A, 1b in this draft

Oh this is no debate. It's not even close to being 50/50. Not one GM would take Ingram over Simmons if they had the top pick. That's 30 teams who would take Simmons first. Only some media members and some fans think it's close and 50/50. Trust me it's not. The Sixers already know they are taking Simmons. Simmons is going to be a star.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,666

Post#320 » by SelfishPlayer » Tue May 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Simmons doesn't do anything special that would warrant the Lebron comparisons. I've seen his style of play before. It's very common, just not in a player as large as he is. He's basically the body of a young Al Horford with the game of a Evan Turner, Andre Iguodala, Terrence Williams, NBA level point wing players that aren't shooters. Lebron entered the league with elite speed for any position on the court, Simmons doesn't have that even for just the PF position. The league is about perimeter shooters these days. Simmons' style of play currently is antiquated relative to Ingram's.You combine that with the fact that the Sixers need perimeter players and it's an easy choice.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.

Return to NBA Draft