ECF: | (1) Cleveland Cavaliers vs (2) Toronto Raptors | 2-2 (Part 2)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,829

Re: ECF: | (1) Cleveland Cavaliers vs (2) Toronto Raptors | 2-2 (Part 2) 

Post#1981 » by Duffman100 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Alfred wrote:
DonMega wrote:Why would lebron be tired? Dude was resting for over the week while toronto was playing miami.

No matter how much time you've taken off, 46 minutes of play (on both ends, mind you: he was guarding DeRozan) is exhausting, even for a top-level athlete.

I still can't believe Derozan was able to score consistently with Lebron guarding him. Talk about a) great screens b) derozan growth.
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#1982 » by CoachD » Wed May 25, 2016 2:46 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Goods news for CLE is Toronto is 2-6 on the road in these playoffs, Cavaliers are 6-0. That bodes well for CLE... especially if Cavaliers play with a chip on their shoulder after blowing the series lead. We'll see what they are made of facing their first real adversity yet.

Otherside of the coin is Toronto has the best road record in the East all season... and they are now playing with momentum
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#1983 » by CoachD » Wed May 25, 2016 2:50 pm

Birdie wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
Dupp wrote:

What should be worrying is all the miles Lowry/DD/Biyombo are accumulating, Lowry/DD especially. They've been playing 36+ every other day for the past month I think. That's just crazy.

Not even close to being true.

Derozan missed entire quarters against Indy and Miami.
Lowry sat a lot more too in favour of Joseph.

Toronto has good depth guys, but when your season is on the line, and your best are playing like superstars - you leave em out there till their legs fall off
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#1984 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:03 pm

CoachD wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Goods news for CLE is Toronto is 2-6 on the road in these playoffs, Cavaliers are 6-0. That bodes well for CLE... especially if Cavaliers play with a chip on their shoulder after blowing the series lead. We'll see what they are made of facing their first real adversity yet.

Otherside of the coin is Toronto has the best road record in the East all season... and they are now playing with momentum

Back on the other side of the coin, SAS proved home or away record in reg season doesn't mean anything seeing as SAS lost one home game all year at the end to boot yet lost 2 home games to OKC in one series. Momentum can swing back for CLE just as easily as it swung away from CLE and to TOR in game 3 when Tor got a home game....
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,827

Post#1985 » by HerSports85 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:20 pm

I just want a game 7!
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#1986 » by cammac » Wed May 25, 2016 3:44 pm

The Raptors are intense with nothing to lose while Cleveland is shaken and yes Cleveland does have the best player but Toronto has a superior defense. Will be interesting if the Raptors can build a early lead Lue will panic and choke.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#1987 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Cavs crowd was a little flat in Games 1 & 2 after winning 8 in a row. I expect them to be loud tonight.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#1988 » by NBAfan3024 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Be interesting how cavs come out for this one, raptors need to start strong here.
KnightofHyrule
Sixth Man
And1: 1,929

Post#1989 » by KnightofHyrule » Wed May 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Stephen A Smith said the Raptors are losing by 20 tonight.

Just adding more fuel to the disrespectful fire that the Raptors are standing in the middle of, grinning while drinking a goddamn juice box.
casey_glory7 wrote:Raptors vs GS finals 2018 confirmed. I'll pay every realgm member 50 bucks if im wrong.

Thanks for ruining everything, KD....
Birdie
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#1990 » by Birdie » Wed May 25, 2016 4:32 pm

cammac wrote:The Raptors are intense with nothing to lose while Cleveland is shaken and yes Cleveland does have the best player but Toronto has a superior defense. Will be interesting if the Raptors can build a early lead Lue will panic and choke.

Umm, I'd hardly classify CLE as shaken. TOR was shaken after 2 terrible games. They had a lot to prove coming into Game 3 and came out and did it AND got it done in Games 3-4. And props to them.

If anything, CLE is frustrated because they def. let 1 (Game 4) get away from them and potentially Game 3. Let's not forget, Cavs had opportunities that put them in positions to win those games. They just came up short. I don't think Game 3 would've gotten done but Game 4 was def. ripe for the taking, we just fizzled after the enormous hole we dug ourselves.

If anything, I think CLE is confident in themselves because even with the Raps best punch (Games 3 & 4), CLE still put themselves in a position to win games. And this has been a HUGE fault of CLE since this team was brought together, they play down to their competition when on paper, they should blow the doors of the matchup. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, we don't know which team we get from night to night. 1 day we could be blowin out OKC, next night, we're in a last possession WWE battle with the 76ers.

Most frustrating. If TOR plays like they did in Games 3 & 4, then yea, I give them a 50/50 shot of winning this series if CLE plays half-halfheartedly. However, if TOR plays like Games 3 & 4 AND CLE plays up to their potential, I'm pretty confident CLE gonna win 99.5% of the time in the end.
Come at the king, you best not miss...
Birdie
Assistant Coach

Post#1991 » by Birdie » Wed May 25, 2016 4:38 pm

KnightofHyrule wrote:Stephen A Smith said the Raptors are losing by 20 tonight.

Just adding more fuel to the disrespectful fire that the Raptors are standing in the middle of, grinning while drinking a goddamn juice box.

SAS = :crazy:

I seriously think all the people at ESPN are hyperventilating not knowing what to talk about now that SA got knocked out, GSW is in their position, the rise of TOR/OKC and the recently wounded Cavs.

It's as if the bball world had been turned upside on them and can't accept the reality that's happening. Quite funny.

I think it's just gonna be a bland win tonight for CLE. 4-8pts at most, no blowout. I think Cavs gonna trap Lowry hard and make him distribute and only have DD + others shoot the ball. Frye/JR/Kyrie gonna have 4 3's each. I think DeMare is gonna be puttin up a lot of shots tonight.
oikosnomos
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#1992 » by oikosnomos » Wed May 25, 2016 4:40 pm

I believe the Cavs will come out with their best tonight. I think it will be enough to overcome anything the Raps can do, but you got to play the game. Props to the Raps for coming back strong after two losses I thought for sure would demoralize them. I think we can put to rest this "Worst Conference Finals team ever" garbage. Toronto has proven they belong and could prove even more. I'm hoping not but if the Cavs lose this series, it'll be nothing new for Cleveland fans :-?
Vee-Rex
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#1993 » by Vee-Rex » Wed May 25, 2016 4:44 pm

DeMarre has been inefficient this series. I think this game he may step it up a bit. He has been given wide-open looks, he just gotta make the Cavs pay for it.

I think Lowry is gonna regress and Derozan is gonna regress (efficiency-wise). I think the Cavs will win by about 14 points. 108-94.
hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#1994 » by hoop_head » Wed May 25, 2016 4:48 pm

oikosnomos wrote:I believe the Cavs will come out with their best tonight. I think it will be enough to overcome anything the Raps can do, but you got to play the game. Props to the Raps for coming back strong after two losses I thought for sure would demoralize them. I think we can put to rest this "Worst Conference Finals team ever" garbage. Toronto has proven they belong and could prove even more. I'm hoping not but if the Cavs lose this series, it'll be nothing new for Cleveland fans :-?

I think Cavs win tonight. LBJ will have the team motivated, and the home crowd will do its part. I do expect the Raps to play intense basketball from the start, and make it a difficult game to win. It's 2-2 and history shows the winner of a game 5 usually wins the series. If the Cavs aren't up to play 48 minutes of their best basketball tonight, well...time is running out to correct that. :D
Sisqo
Analyst
And1: 2,267

Post#1995 » by Sisqo » Wed May 25, 2016 5:06 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
CoachD wrote:

Back on the other side of the coin, SAS proved home or away record in reg season doesn't mean anything seeing as SAS lost one home game all year at the end to boot yet lost 2 home games to OKC in one series. Momentum can swing back for CLE just as easily as it swung away from CLE and to TOR in game 3 when Tor got a home game....

One team doing something proves nothing. Completely discounting it is a mistake.
Sisqo
Analyst

Post#1996 » by Sisqo » Wed May 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Birdie wrote:
cammac wrote:The Raptors are intense with nothing to lose while Cleveland is shaken and yes Cleveland does have the best player but Toronto has a superior defense. Will be interesting if the Raptors can build a early lead Lue will panic and choke.

Umm, I'd hardly classify CLE as shaken. TOR was shaken after 2 terrible games. They had a lot to prove coming into Game 3 and came out and did it AND got it done in Games 3-4. And props to them.

If anything, CLE is frustrated because they def. let 1 (Game 4) get away from them and potentially Game 3. Let's not forget, Cavs had opportunities that put them in positions to win those games. They just came up short. I don't think Game 3 would've gotten done but Game 4 was def. ripe for the taking, we just fizzled after the enormous hole we dug ourselves.

If anything, I think CLE is confident in themselves because even with the Raps best punch (Games 3 & 4), CLE still put themselves in a position to win games. And this has been a HUGE fault of CLE since this team was brought together, they play down to their competition when on paper, they should blow the doors of the matchup. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, we don't know which team we get from night to night. 1 day we could be blowin out OKC, next night, we're in a last possession WWE battle with the 76ers.

Most frustrating. If TOR plays like they did in Games 3 & 4, then yea, I give them a 50/50 shot of winning this series if CLE plays half-halfheartedly. However, if TOR plays like Games 3 & 4 AND CLE plays up to their potential, I'm pretty confident CLE gonna win 99.5% of the time in the end.

So after reading all of that you are saying if Toronto plays their best and Cleveland gives half its effort Toronto has a chance?
Also you said they had a chance to win game 3. At what point in the game was Cleveland in control for even 5 minutes?
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#1997 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Sisqo wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
CoachD wrote:

One team doing something proves nothing. Completely discounting it is a mistake.

Who is discounting anyone? Cle is 6-0 at home in these playoffs, Toronto is 2-6 on the road in them. I don't care what happened in the reg season, as these playoffs have proven reg season doesn't mean squat in the playoffs, like it always shows us.

TOR can definitely win game 5 at CLE, I am just saying lately CLE has played better at home than TOR has on the road in these playoffs... you cannot deny that fact.
Sisqo
Analyst

Post#1998 » by Sisqo » Wed May 25, 2016 5:12 pm

I wasn't dening anything, its why i didn't even comment on that part of your post, you missed my point.

How does regular season mean squat in the playoffs? 4 of the top five teams in the league are left, that says something. Sure some stats don't line up but to say it means nothing is just plain idiotic.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#1999 » by Bankai » Wed May 25, 2016 5:18 pm

Cavaliers are definitely the favourite for Game 5. but I think as each game goes along, it's going to be closer. Why do I say this? Casey was scared of the Cavalier 3 point shooting and played a Defensive system that they just made up, that's why they looked lost and the Cavaliers just sliced in the interior . At home they went back to what got them there, a pack the paint type of defense and things changed. Raptors aren't going to be experimenting anymore. This is going to be a close game.
Birdie
Assistant Coach

Post#2000 » by Birdie » Wed May 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Sisqo wrote:
Birdie wrote:

So after reading all of that you are saying if Toronto plays their best and Cleveland gives half its effort Toronto has a chance?
Also you said they had a chance to win game 3. At what point in the game was Cleveland in control for even 5 minutes?

I wasn't saying CLE was in control or close to being in control in Game 3. We had the lead down to 7 until CoryJo hit that 3 at the buzzer from terrible defense and then I believe we cut it down to 8 after Raps pushed it up to 16 during the 4th around the 5min mark. We just couldn't get stops or if we did, we couldn't hit shots to string a run together. That's all I'm saying. It's not like we went down by 15 and just let TOR grow the lead or trade baskets where there was no hope unlike what TOR had to experience in Games 1-2.

Return to The General Board