Curry After Game 4: No, I'm Not Injured

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Susp3ct
Veteran
And1: 2,058

Re: Curry After Game 4: No, I'm Not Injured 

Post#61 » by Susp3ct » Wed May 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Lol he lit up Portland. He's now playing a very good point guard and OKC is playing really good defense.

I think GS hasn't played this kind of team, at such high level and Intensity in a long time, especially a team that is healthy and firing on all cylinders.
kvash37
Pro Prospect
And1: 367

Post#62 » by kvash37 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Steph is not 100%, but he has spent most of his NBA career that way. His legs are brittle.

The real problem is OKC is making him play defense, they are attacking him. That is the best way to stop Steph.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#63 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed May 25, 2016 2:21 pm

Shot Clock wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:He is missing wide open shots, layups and free throws. Something is wrong with him. He seems at least a couple of steps slow as well.

"At least a couple steps slow"

:banghead:

This is getting nuts.

What is getting nuts? The excuses? There is something wrong, either mentally or physically with him. I have watched him his entire career and you are telling me that he is at full speed, when I can tell you he isn't?

OKC is doing a good job on him defensively, but he is missing wide open shots. He missed two layups last night.

More a case of the haters going to hate. :banghead:
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#64 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed May 25, 2016 2:25 pm

kvash37 wrote:Steph is not 100%, but he has spent most of his NBA career that way. His legs are brittle.

The real problem is OKC is making him play defense, they are attacking him. That is the best way to stop Steph.

That isn't true. He had ankle problems and once he had his surgery, he hasn't had any real issues until he sprained it against Houston. He then sprained his knee slipping in a wet stop, that doesn't make him brittle, some guys would have torn something in their knee doing the same thing.
Fico92
Sixth Man
And1: 2,361

Post#65 » by Fico92 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Less than two weeks removed from a record setting 17 points in OT, while injured!! Probably woulda been 25 if healthy!! :wink:
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#66 » by PizzaSteve » Wed May 25, 2016 2:31 pm

I think Curry is taking the beatings for Greens antics. OKC really roughing him up these last two games and whistles completely swallowed. But he is a pro and poised to get paid big bucks for life, so no whining.
Beffiosa
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,436

Post#67 » by Beffiosa » Wed May 25, 2016 2:43 pm

He's hurt like most players in the playoffs and his conditioning might not be where he would like it to be, but the guy is not injured.
You can't out train bad Nutrition
stopstandthere
Bench Warmer
And1: 737

Post#68 » by stopstandthere » Wed May 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Whether he is injured or not is irrelevant, game 5 is coming.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Re: AW: Re: Re: Curry After Game 4: No, I'm Not Injured 

Post#69 » by Pillendreher » Wed May 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Shot Clock wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:He is missing wide open shots, layups and free throws. Something is wrong with him. He seems at least a couple of steps slow as well.

"At least a couple steps slow"

This is getting nuts.

What is getting nuts? The excuses? There is something wrong, either mentally or physically with him. I have watched him his entire career and you are telling me that he is at full speed, when I can tell you he isn't?

OKC is doing a good job on him defensively, but he is missing wide open shots. He missed two layups last night.

It happens. That's why there's only been two games with both KD and Russ shooting better than 55 TS % simultaneously since the Dallas series.
Both Dion Waiters and Andre Roberson have been shooting the 3-ball better than KD. Defenses affect players and it can mess with a player's head
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,713

Post#70 » by Yoshun » Wed May 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Can we ban the word "exposed" on RealGM forums?
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Re: AW: Re: Re: Curry After Game 4: No, I'm Not Injured 

Post#71 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed May 25, 2016 2:50 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
Shot Clock wrote:"At least a couple steps slow"

This is getting nuts.

It happens. That's why there's only been two games with both KD and Russ shooting better than 55 TS % simultaneously since the Dallas series.
Both Dion Waiters and Andre Roberson have been shooting the 3-ball better than KD. Defenses affect players and it can mess with a player's head

I agree it happens and I'm not downplaying OKC and I'm not attempting to disrespect them either. I have a great deal of respect for them.

Curry isn't himself. He doesn't miss layups, he seldom misses free throws and he seldom misses wide open three point shots.
Ichimoku
Junior
And1: 104

Post#72 » by Ichimoku » Wed May 25, 2016 2:50 pm

Of course he is not injurned. Have you seen his body language ? It says "I'm not confident anymore". I think it was in the third quarter, he made a three point attempt from the right corner and he instantly knew it's not going in. It's not about health issue, it's about being confident. He needs to work a lot now, work more on defence and offence (have you seen how Foye defended him - that was spectacular). Curry didn't experience it through out the whole regular season.

I think it might end up in 5. OKC is a better team with extreme confidence. It remind me - a little bit - Lakers vs. Mavs series from 2011. Everyone was saying that Lakers will get back to series, that they need one win and the confidence will get back to them, the longer people waited, the bigger advantage Mavs had over them. It ended up 4-0 with a huge win (I don't remember 30-40 points win?) in Game 4.
SupaManu
Junior
And1: 986

Post#73 » by SupaManu » Wed May 25, 2016 2:52 pm

He is definitely shook, they are making him work on defense and defending him well and he can't handle it very well so far.
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#74 » by otwok » Wed May 25, 2016 2:58 pm

He looks healthy to me, just a few games ago he was dropping 18 in a quarter and in the last series he had an amazing overtime. He just looks very tentative and is second guessing everything and not in rhythm. That has to be credited to the Thunder. They are switching everything so well. They came out and are very well prepared for Curry and the Warriors. This is more about the Thunder than it is about Curry. They are game planning to make Curry work on defense, every time Westbrook sees Curry on him he goes right at him. It's more than just Curry, the whole Warriors team looks like they ran into a buzzsaw.

But this doesn't mean that the Warriors are out because they are a good team and just one good shooting quarter can change the whole series.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,025

Post#75 » by Ben-N1ce » Wed May 25, 2016 3:01 pm

When he goes video game against Portland and in game 2 OKC he is GOAT..now he's injured? He's knows he's not playing the way his capable but it's irrelevant. They aren't stopping the series.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#76 » by Throwback24 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:02 pm

lol he isn't injured they're getting punked.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
dreadhead_htx
Junior
And1: 394

Post#77 » by dreadhead_htx » Wed May 25, 2016 3:09 pm

smh at ppl expecting him to knock down 40 footers with tired legs and tough defense draped all over him. those are horrible shots when u get fatigue ppl. curry is not exempt from the fatigue factor. why do you think pop had tony parker on minute restrictions at age 28? while gsw were playing their hearts out to get the record okc was resting players. playoffs is a different type of animal because the game gets more physical and curry is going up against the most physical point guards in the league
Chi
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,376

Post#78 » by Chi » Wed May 25, 2016 3:10 pm

There's a difference between "Injured" and "Hurt really bad, barely standing so unable to contribute anything remotely close to normal output"...

So, he's not lying.
dreadhead_htx
Junior
And1: 394

Post#79 » by dreadhead_htx » Wed May 25, 2016 3:15 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:At least Curry isn't making the excuses for himself like the rest of the people are, I will give him that.

yea you cant do nothing but respect the guy for that. most players in his position would have cosigned with the excuses being made for them.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,236

Post#80 » by kodo » Wed May 25, 2016 3:42 pm

I think his poor game had less to do with any possible injury on Curry and more to do with OKC playing old school physical defense.

This defensive sequence looks straight out of the 1990s...I actually didn't think this amount of physical contact was allowed anymore.

https://i.imgur.com/tPraACl.gifv

Keep running through this for a playoff series and you have a worn down star.

Return to The General Board