Going into this summer what player on your team are you most hopeful to unload?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,239

Re: Going into this summer what player on your team are you most hopeful to unload? 

Post#21 » by sfernald » Thu May 26, 2016 11:28 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:Tony Parker, though I'd hesitate to describe it as wanting to unload him. He's just in that weird nebulous phase of his career where he isn't able to do the things that made him fit so well in our system anymore, but he isn't ready for the glue factory, either. I don't see Pop honoring everything he's done for the Spurs by making him a bench player, though I'd be happy with that.

He's one of my favorite Spurs of all time and I'd love for him to finish his career here, but given what he's owed on his contract versus what we've seen from him in the last few years, if we can secure a younger replacement (Conley, obviously, is the sexy choice) and we have to move Tony to make it happen, that's the best decision for the future.

It's really interesting getting this point of view from fans. A team like Philly needs a backcourt and it sounds like they could easily pick up Parker and Meeks for next to nothing, maybe even picking up assets in the process.
IkeDoIt
Sophomore
And1: 21

Re: Going into this summer what player on your team are you most hopeful to unload? 

Post#22 » by IkeDoIt » Thu May 26, 2016 11:37 pm

Knicks: Jose Calderon.... extremely limited offense, no defense. came in the league in 2003 so he is a veteran, but he has nothing left to give. he makes $7 mil, but he's literally just taking up a roster spot and minutes regardless of how cheap
Rich Michmond
Sixth Man
And1: 2,971
Location: российско-немецкий кондоминиум под еврейским доверительным управлением

Post#23 » by Rich Michmond » Thu May 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Michael Carter-Williams/Greg Monroe
Gordon Haywood, Dwayne Wade, JJ Reddick, Derek Rose, Derrick Fisher, Lenny Wilkins, Kirk Heinrich, Oscar Robinson, DeMar DeRozen, Andre Iguadola, Pascal Siakim, Malcolm Brogdan
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Post#24 » by Goudelock » Thu May 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Lou Williams. Next year, the team will have Russell, Clarkson, Simmons/Ingram, and Randle, who all like to have the ball in their hands on offense. I REALLY don't want to see Lou Will flailing his way through multiple possessions a game again next year AKA taking away opportunities away from the young guys.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
sfernald
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by sfernald » Thu May 26, 2016 11:48 pm

IkeDoIt wrote:Knicks: Jose Calderon.... extremely limited offense, no defense. came in the league in 2003 so he is a veteran, but he has nothing left to give. he makes $7 mil, but he's literally just taking up a roster spot and minutes regardless of how cheap

Last year of contract, at $8m good luck getting rid of that guy!
sfernald
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by sfernald » Thu May 26, 2016 11:49 pm

PockyCandy wrote:Lou Williams. Next year, the team will have Russell, Clarkson, Simmons/Ingram, and Randle, who all like to have the ball in their hands on offense. I REALLY don't want to see Lou Will flailing his way through multiple possessions a game again next year AKA taking away opportunities away from the young guys.

You really wanna get rid of Lou too!? Lol I already got Nick on the board! Don't they need some vets lol.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#27 » by QUIZ » Thu May 26, 2016 11:53 pm

Josh McSoberts.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
sfernald
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by sfernald » Thu May 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Rich Michmond wrote:Michael Carter-Williams/Greg Monroe

MCW has two years left at about 3.5m per year. I'm sure a lot of teams would be willing to take him off your hands for that.

Greg Monroe, two years left at about 17m per. Ugh, but there's a lot of cap space. He might be someone the Celtics might take off your hands perhaps. They are thinking about trading for Okafor after all.
JDizzel3000
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#29 » by JDizzel3000 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:55 pm

Butler .....the thought of trying to build around him almost ensures a path to treadmillville and apparently he's also devoloped a new diva like personality
sfernald
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by sfernald » Thu May 26, 2016 11:55 pm

QUIZ wrote:Josh McSoberts.

2 years left at $6m per. I haven't followed him much in Miami but he used to be a useful player. I'm sure there's a team out there who'll take him off your hands at that price.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#31 » by -Sammy- » Thu May 26, 2016 11:55 pm

RichieW wrote:
sfernald wrote:
RichieW wrote:
The Spurs have the problem whereby our old guys in the backcourt (Parker and Manu) are no longer good enough to cover up the limitations of our younger role players (Green and Mills). Green and Mills are fantastic, championship level role players if they have the right guys next to them to do most of the playmaking.

It's probably less about Parker and more about Manu really. He's still crazy underrated, the guy was a great defender with a lot of size, one of the best playmakers in the league and could get to the rim and finish at will. Even up to 2014 he was good enough to cover up for a lot of other players' deficiencies but without his elite versatility the team just doesn't go the same way.

Well Conley just screams Spurs to me for some reason so there is hope.

Conley would be amazing, a defensive trio of Conley/Green/Leonard would be one of the most formidable in the league, but where does that leave Parker? He's too small to play next to Conley so he'd have to come off the bench but he isn't the playmaker Manu was to really get a bench unit humming.

I think having Parker be our bench spark would be great. I agree that he isn't as versatile as Gino is, but nobody knows the playbook better than Tony, and if he's only playing 20-24 mpg, he'd regain some of his explosiveness, not having to conserve energy or shoulder as much of the offensive responsibilities. I think it would do wonders for him, and in turn, he'd do wonders for the team. It'd be the perfect transition to replace Gino in the second unit.

The two issues with it are that I don't know that Tony's ego could handle it, and that Pop has shown great loyalty- to the detriment of the team, in fact- to Tony as the starting PG, and a trade may be the only fix for that.
TSA_Denver3
Junior
And1: 53

Post#32 » by TSA_Denver3 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:56 pm

Kenneth Faried - The Nuggets have 4 other bigs who deserving of minutes if no other bigs are added and this needs to be the year that the team needs it see how Jusuf Nurkic and Nikola Jokic will play together over a large sample size. Darrell Arthur and Joffrey Lauvergne can rotate in and Danilo Gallinari can play at the 4 as well. Faried will be a value especially to a team who loses their big to a max deal in the offseason.

Jameer Nelson- He clearly wants to be in the playing rotation on a playoff team and the Nuggets could draft a backup point guard or 1B Point guard and maybe even sign last years 2nd round pick Nikola Radicevic. Nelson wouldn't be happy here as the 3rd point guard.

If you don't trade these 2 guys especially if you do end up having all 3 draft picks on the roster than it would be essentially a given that the Nuggets would have to cut Jakarr Sampson and Axel Toupane after training camp.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#33 » by -Sammy- » Thu May 26, 2016 11:56 pm

sfernald wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:Tony Parker, though I'd hesitate to describe it as wanting to unload him. He's just in that weird nebulous phase of his career where he isn't able to do the things that made him fit so well in our system anymore, but he isn't ready for the glue factory, either. I don't see Pop honoring everything he's done for the Spurs by making him a bench player, though I'd be happy with that.

He's one of my favorite Spurs of all time and I'd love for him to finish his career here, but given what he's owed on his contract versus what we've seen from him in the last few years, if we can secure a younger replacement (Conley, obviously, is the sexy choice) and we have to move Tony to make it happen, that's the best decision for the future.

It's really interesting getting this point of view from fans. A team like Philly needs a backcourt and it sounds like they could easily pick up Parker and Meeks for next to nothing, maybe even picking up assets in the process.

Yeah, that would be great for Philly, and the San Antonio connection with Brown makes it an intriguing fit.
sfernald
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by sfernald » Thu May 26, 2016 11:57 pm

JDizzel3000 wrote:Butler .....the thought of trying to build around him almost ensures a path to treadmillville and apparently he's also devoloped a new diva like personality

What? Come on... Lol ive been hearing this but is that really what bull fans think about Butler? He can't be a nice cog in your next playoff run?
JDizzel3000
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#35 » by JDizzel3000 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:12 am

sfernald wrote:
JDizzel3000 wrote:Butler .....the thought of trying to build around him almost ensures a path to treadmillville and apparently he's also devoloped a new diva like personality

What? Come on... Lol ive been hearing this but is that really what bull fans think about Butler? He can't be a nice cog in your next playoff run?

What playoff run? He lead us to nowhere this season

Most Bulls fans still value him but the tone is definitely a little less universal after some developments about his personality and their overall belief that he can be the guy you build around
fivecardstud14
Freshman
And1: 118

Post#36 » by fivecardstud14 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:22 am

MotownMadness wrote:Meeks

I like Meeks but he was hurt all year. I want to see him healthy but Bullock looked good late in the year, really fun to watch. Pistons are too deep...laugh if you will. Go get a back up point guard, a wildcard, and maybe Skal Labissiere falls to later in the first round. Do this while getting rid of Dinwiddie (people will still want him), Anthony and Meeks if necessary, although I hope not.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,961

Post#37 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:29 am

Wish NBA could restructure contracts like NFL. Tony would be best suited off the bench with a lower salary at this point of his career. I really want Tony to retire as a Spur. But, if I had to choose between legitimately contending or keeping Tony... Cya bro.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,961

Post#38 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:32 am

Also Bobo's gotta go as well. Love him for his contributions in '14 but his time as a Spur(possibly even NBA player) is up, tbh.
Smitson
Starter
And1: 2,945

Post#39 » by Smitson » Fri May 27, 2016 12:34 am

Nobody desperately needs to be moved from the raps, but if we have to move someone in order to get an upgrade at the four I hope it's coin toss.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#40 » by DayofMourning » Fri May 27, 2016 12:34 am

Josh McRoberts. His contract isn't ridiculous, but he's becoming a parody of himself on the Heat. I'd rather we ship him off for a second rounder. Hopefully then he'll find his game.

Return to The General Board