Mo Buckets: "Steph is angry, will go off game 7"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

nbafan77
Sophomore
And1: 242

Re: Mo Buckets: "Steph is angry, will go off game 7" 

Post#301 » by nbafan77 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:35 pm

lamscott wrote:I hate the winning shot arguments winning the series. Throughout history, role players have delivered the winning shot, that doesn't make them more important the the MVP of the series.

Horry, Paxson, Kerr, jeeezus Ron Artest's 3 to clinch the Celtic series, Sean Elliot's shot,

Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ppedro123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,418

Post#302 » by ppedro123 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:36 pm

LeBron had one of the most dominant (on both ends of the floor) series of all time and the guy claims with a straight face that Kyrie deserved FMVP.
10DayContract
Starter
And1: 2,311

Post#303 » by 10DayContract » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:37 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:I'm still wondering why Steph doesn't get more criticism for the pullup 35 footers over the defender with 20 seconds left on the clock? Or the behind the back fancy passes in traffic that lead to turnovers. That's stuff that guards like Iverson/Kobe would be MURDERED for taking for fans/analysts. I think it's obviously because he's such a good shooter that he makes many of them, so people let it slide. But what's sad is that I've seen his influence on young players in college/HS already who do the same pullup from 35 feet contested, early in clock kind of ****. People need to know that if Curry wasn't an elite shooter he would literally be out of the league for those antics.

That right there is the most amazing thing about his game imo. I was in awe of all the careless passes he threw this series. It was almost like he didn't care about the moment. He'd throw a behind the back pass that got stolen, and I'd be sitting on my couch with my mouth wide open. I'm pretty sure Kerr thought, "he's my guy, I'm riding with whatever he does because it's worked for 2 year straight..." But man, he needed to be reigned in early on in this series. That's bad coaching. I bet next season alot of those types of plays disappear when they get into the playoffs.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,554

Post#304 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball 52s53 seconds ago
I’m still in awe that the Warriors decided to piss off LeBron. Say what you want about San Antonio. They give no motivation.

Pretty much what I said on last page. They got so full of themselves and they really did poke a sleeping bear. I truly believe had the Warriors not talked so much junk they would of won the series. NEVER a good idea to add fuel to the opponent's fire, especially against a guy the caliber of Lebron. Just like if the tables were turned I wouldn't want to fire up Curry or Thompson either.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#305 » by 76ers » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:43 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball 52s53 seconds ago
I’m still in awe that the Warriors decided to piss off LeBron. Say what you want about San Antonio. They give no motivation.

Pretty much what I said on last page. They got so full of themselves and they really did poke a sleeping bear. I truly believe had the Warriors not talked so much junk they would of won the series. NEVER a good idea to add fuel to the opponent's fire, especially against a guy the caliber of Lebron. Just like if the tables were turned I wouldn't want to fire up Curry or Thompson either.

I agree, but that's what makes this victory so great as well. GSW talked and talked almost instigating LeBron, most likely expecting to win the series up 3-1.

LeBron responded the most preeminent way he could, by winning 3 straight to win the Finals.
SupaManu
Junior
And1: 986

Post#306 » by SupaManu » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Agreed, the trash talking fired up lebron and it seemed to do the opposite to curry, all the talk seemed to get in his head and he laid a big egg
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#307 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQNXw1gKt-o

Here it is. Lebron when told Klay Thompson said he had hurt feelings. The moment the Warriors signed their death wish.

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#308 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fry3T4CIqSg

Klay talking about how it's a man's league and how trash talk stays on the court. Yet why are you the main one who talks **** in the media?

AussieRules
Starter
And1: 2,002

Post#309 » by AussieRules » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:06 pm

I won't be scared to fire up Curry. Lebron stared him down and talked a lot of crap to him because he knew full well curry won't be blocking his shot anytime soon. He also knew Curry would respond by taking bad shot after bad **** after bad shot. In the playoffs those shots don't go in because there's a lot at stake. It's no coincidence that this is Curry's 2nd straight awful finals performance because shooters get tight in close games when the pressure is on, especially if they have to create those shots off the dribble. Ain't nobody scared of Curry man
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#310 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:10 pm

Lmao Lebron gets off plane wearing an Ultimate Warrior T shirt. Love it

wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#311 » by wjun15 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:14 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fry3T4CIqSg

Klay talking about how it's a man's league and how trash talk stays on the court. Yet why are you the main one who talks **** in the media?

btw didn't klay go to the locker room without congratulating anyone? or did he come out like draymond did
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#312 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:16 pm

wjun15 wrote:

btw didn't klay go to the locker room without congratulating anyone? or did he come out like draymond did

Only Draymond and a couple scrubs on the Warriors did. Everyone else went straight to the locker room.

westbricc
Sophomore
And1: 135

Post#313 » by westbricc » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:17 pm

wjun15 wrote:

he didn't congratulate anyone.
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#314 » by wjun15 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Zenith wrote:
Jedi32 wrote::)
Unbreakable99 wrote:
Give it up. Steph isn't better than LeBron. When Curry isn't hitting shots he's useless. When LeBron isn't hitting shots he still rebounds and passes and defends well. Basketball is a two way sport.

Nah you guys need to give it up. The guy dominated the regular season like something probably never seen before, gets injured, comes back early and because he wasn't the guy he was pre injury he's supposedly been exposed? Knee jerk realgm at it's finest.

The guy dominates the regular season because there is a lack of physicality then (rule changes), once physical play is reintroduced in the playoffs we see his effectiveness drop off some. Happened last yr, happened this yr. Oscar, Chuck, the old NBA vets have been proven right. He might have been injured, he also wears down much quicker from the physical play.

Also, reg season opposing teams dont gameplan nearly as much, hence curry gets open alot from deep and off screens. When the gameplan is to let him shoot midrange/drive and not get off a 3, hes a much less effective player. Tristan shouldve played D the way he did on curry in game 7 for the whole series, which is STAYING above the 3 pt line and giving him the drive. Curry is the type of player that would rather step back and shoot a contested 3 instead of shooting a wide open 2.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#315 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:18 pm

westbricc wrote:
wjun15 wrote:

he didn't congratulate anyone.

Curry is a decent guy, Klay I'm not so sure. Dude just comes off like a straight dick TBH. I remember after Clippers series loss instead of giving props what he had to say was basically that he still feels that they were the better team. Dude is moody as hell.

ThePersianFreak
Suspended
And1: 1,072

Post#316 » by ThePersianFreak » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:20 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
wjun15 wrote:

Only Draymond and a couple scrubs on the Warriors did. Everyone else went straight to the locker room.

Nope, Iggy and Steph came back.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,285

Post#317 » by Jedi32 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:21 pm

I've seen several posters say lebron was the best defensive player I'm the series also. Who was he playing this terrific defense on? He was mostly roaming like a free safety. Now if I missed something and someone can point it out that would be great, but from what I recollect he was not dominating anything defensively. He had some timely defensive plays but so did Thompson and love.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#318 » by OkcSinceSGA » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:22 pm

LeBron-FTW wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
wjun15 wrote:

Nope, Iggy and Steph came back.

Not, they didn't. I watched the entire thing, even switched to NBA TV for better angles. Curry himself said in his post game conference that he DID NOT get a chance to see him after the game and congratulate him because he was being mobbed by celebrations. Iggy maybe snuck in there but Curry definitely didnt. Klay definitely didn't.

Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,285

Post#319 » by Jedi32 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:22 pm

I've seen several posters say lebron was the best defensive player I'm the series also. Who was he playing this terrific defense on? He was mostly roaming like a free safety. Now if I missed something and someone can point it out that would be great, but from what I recollect he was not dominating anything defensively. He had some timely defensive plays but so did Thompson and love.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#320 » by MaxRider » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ppedro123 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Nobody was saying Curry was "much better" than prime Jordan. Please. Maybe like 1 or 2 idiots on RealGM said that. Its not like anyone in the media said that.

I'm not defending Curry's play in Game 7. It was awful. I think Kyrie won the game, and he deserved FMVP. But Lebron outplayed Curry this Finals and reclaimed the title of best in the world.

Thats just a fact. But I'm not gonna say I was wrong. Until these Finals I think Curry was the best. And its up to him to prove he is again next year.

Did you just say Kyrie deserved FMVP? i might be drunk still

Yeah. Kyrie was the reason the Cavs won. He took over the 4th quarter in Game 5 and Game 7.

Cavs can't win without any of their players
it was a team effort
LeBron is their MVP

Return to The General Board