What was your most satisfying and disappointing series as a fan?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Re: What was your most satisfying and disappointing series as a fan? 

Post#41 » by improper » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:04 am

Most satisfying was obviously the one that ended last night.

Disappointing was probably the Orlando series where the Cavs were pretty clearly the better team but Mike Brown pulled one of the all-time worst coaching performances in NBA history. He just refused to adjust as the Magic murdered the Cavs from the three and the road was paved for LeBron's departure. I think the Cavs win the title that year with a competent coach.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#42 » by LakersLegacy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:44 am

Lakers Blazers 2000
Lakers Celtics 2008 even though the Celtics were clearly the better team. I remember when Pierce was in a wheel chair I thought man I wanted to beat the Celtics full strength then when we lost that game I thought too bad Pierce played Possum I his fake Willis Reed moment shifted the emotion of the series. Refs were protecting Pierce after the wheel chair. He used a prop in the Finals. But 2010 made it alright to see Kobe out rebound KG and Sheed, snatching balls and boxing out the bigs.
BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#43 » by BJGOAT3 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:18 am

Most disappointing: '06 loss to Suns after a 3-1 lead
Most satisfying: Of course the '10 Boston series
tefactor
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#44 » by tefactor » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

bwgood77 wrote:My most satisfying as a Suns fan is sweeping the Spurs in 2010...

That's a classic yeah. Nash's greatest moment with the one eye.

Not sure about most satisfying (too many to pick) but for me, most disappointing series was definitely 2007 Suns-Spurs because of the unnecessary suspensions... Rules may be rules but coming off the bench to defend your body checked captain seems understandable and the outcome basically rewarded The Spurs for a "clutch flagrant"...
That was the year's real Finals and we'll never know for sure that Phoenix couldn't win that series and their championship. ...

I'm not a Suns fan, just that team that year because they were fun with the ball movement, playmakers and uptempo. Yes, their flaw was defense. But I believe that they would have at least won one more game if they had their whole roster for it, forcing a game 7 which could have went either way...

UPDATE: I see somebody else listed it too...
TheSunGod wrote:Most Satisfying: 2010 Suns sweep the Spurs.
Least: 2007 Spurs beat the Suns and the whole one-game suspension ordeal. Very saddening end to the series.
manou
Rookie
And1: 421

Post#45 » by manou » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:17 am

For spurs fans, it's really easy :
Most disappointing: '13 loss to Heat
Most satisfying: '14 revenge versus Heat

Return to The General Board