Momentum shifting moments in NBA finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Re: Momentum shifting moments in NBA finals 

Post#41 » by BayArea408415 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:49 pm

bmurph128 wrote:Next year, maybe. But the Warriors have only played one true contender in the Western Conference playoffs in the last two years (I realize the Cavs haven't even played one in the East, but just pointing out that while the West is stronger, the Warriors haven't had to play two contenders in one playoff run yet).

Perhaps, OKC was the only contender but last year's Grizzlies and Rockets were both almost 60 win teams in the Western Conference. They were certainly good teams. The Rockets did beat the Clips in 7 (albeit they choked) who had just beat the Spurs in 7. I understand that the Rockets were missing 1-2 players (who played this year) and and the Grizzlies had Conley partially injured but did play well for 1-2 games in that series.

I'm thinking next year will be the toughest though as I mentioned previously. Likely healthy Clippers + one of Spurs/OKC.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#42 » by bmurph128 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:09 pm

BayArea408415 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:Next year, maybe. But the Warriors have only played one true contender in the Western Conference playoffs in the last two years (I realize the Cavs haven't even played one in the East, but just pointing out that while the West is stronger, the Warriors haven't had to play two contenders in one playoff run yet).

Perhaps, OKC was the only contender but last year's Grizzlies and Rockets were both almost 60 win teams in the Western Conference. They were certainly good teams. The Rockets did beat the Clips in 7 (albeit they choked) who had just beat the Spurs in 7. I understand that the Rockets were missing 1-2 players (who played this year) and and the Grizzlies had Conley partially injured but did play well for 1-2 games in that series.

I'm thinking next year will be the toughest though as I mentioned previously. Likely healthy Clippers + one of Spurs/OKC.

You would think, but the seeding lined up perfectly for that this year....and it didn't happen. I don't think it's meant to be, and now you have: Duncan/Parker getting older, Spurs will inevitably be worse (although still probably a 60 win team); KD might leave; and the Clippers have had some bad luck as well as consistently underachieving for their talent level.

It's unlikely that the top 4 seeds from last year stay the top 4 the next (even in a different order). I doubt that has happened in a long time.
JonW138
Junior
And1: 2,091

Post#43 » by JonW138 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:21 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Image

:rofl:

Return to The General Board