Open Letter To Steph Curry

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ryanpuge
Senior
And1: 619

Re: Open Letter To Steph Curry 

Post#41 » by ryanpuge » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:00 pm

chrismikayla wrote:I just wanted to give my props for being a great player and the greatest shooter of all time. You take shots that would be bad shots for 99.9 percent of basketball players. But there's the rub. After you won MVP and became face of the league, being a volunteer coach for middle schoolers I cringed at the thought of 13 year olds hoisting contested and off balanced bombs from five feet behind the line( as if dribbling one on five or not passing to save their lives wasn't enough). We just started summer practice and sure enough we've sat down or admonished several youngsters for this. We'd actually like for them to actually learn basic things like chest and bounce passes first. Congratulations on your second straight MVP. You have been a blessing and a curse to the youngsters watching you.

Here is my PM to one of the posters last month.
Apparently, you are not the only coach to experience this.

"I read one of your post before that you coach in basketball...

I had a conversation with a coach here in Toronto, and he made some interesting points with Curry and LBJ.

He told me that Curry's influence to the kids now is getting a negative impact. (he coaches 8-12 years old)

Kids nowadays will start shooting 3s and kept raising their hands after the shot (like Steph). also, you can see most of the kids lurking around the 3 than inside. even worse is that some kids will try half court and 30ft shots more often. Which is totally different on what he is trying to teach (shoot in the paint)

lastly, he told me that at least 4 years ago when LBJ is on his peak - kids will attack the basket then make a pass....

I wonder if you noticed this also in your camps.
Thanks a lot..."
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#42 » by chrismikayla » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:45 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
chrismikayla wrote:I just wanted to give my props for being a great player and the greatest shooter of all time. You take shots that would be bad shots for 99.9 percent of basketball players. But there's the rub. After you won MVP and became face of the league, being a volunteer coach for middle schoolers I cringed at the thought of 13 year olds hoisting contested and off balanced bombs from five feet behind the line( as if dribbling one on five or not passing to save their lives wasn't enough). We just started summer practice and sure enough we've sat down or admonished several youngsters for this. We'd actually like for them to actually learn basic things like chest and bounce passes first. Congratulations on your second straight MVP. You have been a blessing and a curse to the youngsters watching you.

You know what..you should be F'ing grateful they youngsters suddenly have a little extra excitement in hoops. And half of them think they now actually have a shot even IF they aren't going to be 6'5".

Such a silly post...it's like "thanking" Magic Johnson or Pistol Pete.

Sounds sort of like the Parent that thinks the cause of their kids bad behavior is some athlete that parties all the time.

Egads.... :banghead:[/quote

You missed the whole gist of my post LOL.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
young_frogger
Rookie
And1: 965

Post#43 » by young_frogger » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:07 pm

The High Cyde wrote:Dear Mr. Stephen Curry,

Please refrain from throwing behind the back passes in a Finals Game 7 with five minutes remaining.

Regards,
THC

I'm as big of a Steph Curry apologist as you'll ever find and I find it unfortunate that he's gonna be put on blast after a poor finals performance after what was easily one of the GOAT seasons...

But that behind the back pass was possibly the worst play I've ever seen. Ever. An inexcusably inexplicably horrible play. Why, Steph, why?
Carry On My Hayward Son
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Re: Re: Re: Open Letter To Steph Curry 

Post#44 » by chrismikayla » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Basti wrote:That's more like a telegraph rather than a letter.

Shhh don't tell my college English professor.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Post#45 » by -Sammy- » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:43 pm

The High Cyde wrote:Dear Mr. Stephen Curry,

Please refrain from throwing behind the back passes in a Finals Game 7 with five minutes remaining.

Regards,
THC

It's the GIF GOAT.
SwiLL2432
Analyst
And1: 181

Post#46 » by SwiLL2432 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:02 am

Every kid should emulate Magic's or Bron game but making the right basketball play is pretty boring to a 11 year old. That's why they emulate Mike, Kobes, Iverson and now Curry. None of those kids are going to the league anyways bro, so just try to teach them about life more than basketball as a principle. Going to be a lot useful when they graduate high school
#MambaArmy
Deadpool Raptor
Bench Warmer
And1: 872

Post#47 » by Deadpool Raptor » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:07 am

Dear Steph Curry,

You look like an honor roll student. Stop screaming after you take a three or stroll through the lane without any contact. Do not beat your chest, it might crack.

Sincerely,

A hater, truth teller, and fan of the man's man.
Juan Montoya
Junior
And1: 49

Post#48 » by Juan Montoya » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:59 am

Hy Steph Curry. If your reading this Hi how are you?

Your a fantastic player man, please keep it up. You are giving the Sport alot of new fresh energy, with your playing style, that is so unique and fun to watch.

But please, you have two huge annoying behaviours.

One is the showing-off-your-swag-by-waving-your-head-side-to-side. It gives off the impression you cant believe how awesome you are and it gives the impression that your full of yourself.

The second behaviour annoyance is really such an annoyance that I even tend to look away when you do this. Its when you eat your stupid mouthpiece. It looks so disgusting. Its hanging out like a 'dandy' (the thing you put in babys mouth). Your spit drops off the mouthpiece as you chew on it so disgustingly. Your hands are full of dirt and sweat from yourself and other players. You take the mouthpiece in and out of your mouth all the time with your hands. Your practicly chewing on everybodys sweat and it looks so disgusting.

Please leave the mouthpiece in your mouth, dont touch it with your hands all the time, dont let it hang out while you chew it. Do not think you are looking anything like Jordan chewing. MJ chewed on a chewing gum and looked cool doing so. But you are chewing on a dirty plastic piece and look really disgusting. Thanks. Love your game bro Steph dont be upset with your loss this year youve got a great decade ahead. If you ever need something or someone for a 3 on 3 or 1 on 1 pick up game drop me a PM.
Not the real Montoya
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#49 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Hate on Steph has become unreal. Hes not "just a shooter" please gtfo with that argument.

You don't lead the league in scoring and be a 2 time MVP by just shooting.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,251

Post#50 » by TheMartian » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Basti wrote:That's more like a telegraph rather than a letter.

Gold. :rofl:
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#51 » by Winsome Gerbil » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:50 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:Image

Gosh, so sorry that prancing self satisfied wannabe wide receiver got defrocked in the Finals.

So sorry.

Return to The General Board