New York number three seed in the east ?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,819

Re: New York number three seed in the east ? 

Post#261 » by CoachD » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:56 pm

gerd10 wrote:
CoachD wrote:
#1 Lebron
#2 Curry
#3 Derozan
#4 Lillard

Didn't see Reggie anywhere near that list

Still waiting for your source....

Sure. No problem. I guess your Google is broken.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2016/05/30/the-nbas-best-closers/
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,799

Post#262 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:26 pm

jacoby1us wrote:I would not be surprised to see NY in the Top 3-5 in the Eastern Conference. This is a contract year for Derrick Rose and he has already made it known at the beginning of last year that he was looking forward to this season. I believe NY will experience something special this year. They definitely earned it, and it will be nice to actually see a major market team have a presence in the post season.

I expect the Knicks to easily win 50 games this year with at least two All-Stars selected.

The 3-6th seeds last year didn't even crack 50 games, and you think the Knicks will easily do it with an injury prone roster of washed up players and zero depth?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,212

Post#263 » by F N 11 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Cant compare this team to last years team. Jose Calderon and Sasha was starting for us and being backed up by limited young guys and chucking Afflalo who stopped playing foe the team. lol. Sleep all you want, we will have a top defense with Noah and KP. And guards you have to guard unlike Sasha and Jose.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,212

Post#264 » by F N 11 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:34 pm

TheDavinciCHODE wrote:The Knicks swapped Jose Calderon and Sasha Vujacic for Derrick Rose and Courtney Lee + have Brandon Jennings coming off the bench, who, if he averages something around 10 pts a game, would be better than anyone we had normally come off of the bench last year(although AA was benched toward the end of the season.).

I don't understand where the Melo doubting is coming from..he got 22/7.7/4 last season, and that was with almost no consistent offensive help and coming off an injury, including a freak injury that caused him to lose his rhythm and struggle for many games. The guy is a still a great player.

His numbers last season, a down season, were still in another league than players like Gordon Hayward and Dwyane Wade, players who were lauded for their performances, and were on par with Paul George, who he outperformed in rebounding and assists, and was only 1ppg behind in scoring.

He put up more points and 3 more boards per game then Jimmy Butler, and was only .6ast behind.

This isn't 2010 Carmelo Anthony that we're talking about here, but he's still putting up star-level numbers. 22/7.7 is still beast mode. He lead the team in all major categories, and the Knicks were lacking in both top-end talent, bench depth, and players that could play any wing defense.

The Knicks should be majorily improved this season. The bench isn't stellar, but it isn't bad either. Jennings is a very capable player, and had a down year coming off of an injury. He should see improvement with better health, stability, and being in a contract year.

Jennings/Thomas/Quinn/Hernangomez/Holiday is definitely not a great bench, but it's better than last years. And the starting lineup is in another stratosphere than last year's, considering our improvement at guard.

Noah is a more mobile, better passing, more fluid-offensively Center, and if he can provide stout defense, then our frontcourt defense will be good with KP helping out. We got massacred on the perimeter game in and game out, and our offense was a one-trick pony. Plus nobody understood the triangle and it didn't help our young players develop.

Rose obviously has health issues, but he put up 16ppg last season, that's still really solid, especially for a guy coming off injury. Any reason to think he won't average that or better this season?

Improve perimeter D
Penetrating guards
Guards that can get theirs
Step forward from KP
Better depth

No reason to think the Knicks won't be in the playoffs. top 3 seed? That's probaly a stretch unless everyone stays healthy and outplays expectations. This team should be around 46. Hell, the team won 32 games last year with peanuts, and lost 17 games by 5 points or less(if I remember correctly from a post I made earlier this season on the Knicks board). I expect a big step forward on offense, and a step forward on defense.

If KP takes a big step forward, then things are looking up.

Homer prediction: 47-35

The points you made were like picking each knick fans brain. Thank you.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,675

Post#265 » by Capn'O » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:35 pm

strudel forever wrote:
Par36 wrote:Wow...the.knicks fans just flat out comical in this "butt hurt" Raptors fans comments.

The playoffs are possible depending health, top 3 seed? Sure...

There was literally like one Knicks fan that went on about this.

That's what I saw and it's unfortunate that such comments get extrapolated to the fanbase. I'm not even sure the OP was a Knick fan.

Most Knicks fans have us in the playoff mix with a range that includes missing them if health bounces out of our favor. Being in the mix with the Raps/Celts/Pacers is maybe a high water mark. It's possible with the right confluence of factors coming together but not reasonably expected.

I think most NYK fans would agree with the statement that missing the playoffs is a more likely outcome than making top 3 in the conference. 6-8 seed is a pretty reasonable goal.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,858

Post#266 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:45 am

K P 6 wrote:
TheDavinciCHODE wrote:The Knicks swapped Jose Calderon and Sasha Vujacic for Derrick Rose and Courtney Lee + have Brandon Jennings coming off the bench, who, if he averages something around 10 pts a game, would be better than anyone we had normally come off of the bench last year(although AA was benched toward the end of the season.).

I don't understand where the Melo doubting is coming from..he got 22/7.7/4 last season, and that was with almost no consistent offensive help and coming off an injury, including a freak injury that caused him to lose his rhythm and struggle for many games. The guy is a still a great player.

His numbers last season, a down season, were still in another league than players like Gordon Hayward and Dwyane Wade, players who were lauded for their performances, and were on par with Paul George, who he outperformed in rebounding and assists, and was only 1ppg behind in scoring.

He put up more points and 3 more boards per game then Jimmy Butler, and was only .6ast behind.

This isn't 2010 Carmelo Anthony that we're talking about here, but he's still putting up star-level numbers. 22/7.7 is still beast mode. He lead the team in all major categories, and the Knicks were lacking in both top-end talent, bench depth, and players that could play any wing defense.

The Knicks should be majorily improved this season. The bench isn't stellar, but it isn't bad either. Jennings is a very capable player, and had a down year coming off of an injury. He should see improvement with better health, stability, and being in a contract year.

Jennings/Thomas/Quinn/Hernangomez/Holiday is definitely not a great bench, but it's better than last years. And the starting lineup is in another stratosphere than last year's, considering our improvement at guard.

Noah is a more mobile, better passing, more fluid-offensively Center, and if he can provide stout defense, then our frontcourt defense will be good with KP helping out. We got massacred on the perimeter game in and game out, and our offense was a one-trick pony. Plus nobody understood the triangle and it didn't help our young players develop.

Rose obviously has health issues, but he put up 16ppg last season, that's still really solid, especially for a guy coming off injury. Any reason to think he won't average that or better this season?

Improve perimeter D
Penetrating guards
Guards that can get theirs
Step forward from KP
Better depth

No reason to think the Knicks won't be in the playoffs. top 3 seed? That's probaly a stretch unless everyone stays healthy and outplays expectations. This team should be around 46. Hell, the team won 32 games last year with peanuts, and lost 17 games by 5 points or less(if I remember correctly from a post I made earlier this season on the Knicks board). I expect a big step forward on offense, and a step forward on defense.

If KP takes a big step forward, then things are looking up.

Homer prediction: 47-35

The points you made were like picking each knick fans brain. Thank you.

I'm definitely on the homer kool-aid a little bit, but with a glass-half-full outlook everything I said is legit. The major difference between this team and last years team is going to be 3 things:

1) guard play- improved defensively and offensively
2) Desire- this team has guys that want to win
3) KP- no reason to think he isn't coming back better. He had a summer-long workout program for his legs and upper body. I expect a stronger, more conditioned, more confident KP this season.

Hopefully bball is back at MSG

Return to The General Board