Players that are more athletic than people realize

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,085

Re: Players that are more athletic than people realize 

Post#81 » by dolphinatik » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:20 am

Steve Nash, you look at him and no way u assume he is that athletic
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
mitrandil20
Bench Warmer
And1: 524

Post#82 » by mitrandil20 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Brent Barry was a sport's ideal machinery. I long for a day when two players resembling Barry and Ginobili will play side by side together in their prime.
SonicMcMahon
Pro Prospect
And1: 437

Post#83 » by SonicMcMahon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:37 pm

RandomRaptorfan wrote:
tong po wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:Brent Barry... I know he won the dunk contest, but he really didn't display his athleticism in the game. He was a high IQ, took the game slow and corner three guy, but the few times he took it inside or was on the fast break, it was kind of shocking how much he would launch himself and throw it down, with his head almost hitting the rim.

Brent Barry got away with being so underwhelming because he was white. If he was black I think everybody would've been wondering why the hell he was such a lazy player who never seemed to give a damn.

He really should have been one of the best shooting guards ever. Elite athleticism, shooting, ball handling and passing for his position. He was a more naturally talented player than a lot of All-Star shooting guards. He was perfectly happy just being a role player for some reason though. I mean, Jesus Christ, he once had a year where he played as the starting point guard next to Ray Allen and he averaged 7APG per 36 and 45% from 3. The guy was actually flat out more talented than Ray Allen himself.

What a waste.

Lol relax there buddy

I agree with the sentiment that Brent could have had a bigger impact in this league than he did. But the vitriol seems a little much. Then again, I at least get where it comes from because I think a guy like Lamar Odom gets more criticism than he deserves too.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#84 » by Mr. E » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:13 pm

I was surprised by Sam Dekker in the Summer League. Maybe my expectations were lowered due to him missing his rookie season due to injuries, though.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to The General Board