REPORT: Celtics "Most likely destination" for Russell Westbrook

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,942

Re: REPORT: Celtics "Most likely destination" for Russell Westbrook 

Post#241 » by Froob » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Westbrook
Bradley
Crowder
Horford
Okafor

What y'all think about that team's chances of competing in the East?

Probably doesn't beat the Cavs, def doesn't beat the Dubs. Would have to see the bench though. Feel like Horford and Okafor would get punked by the Cavs bigs.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#242 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Froob wrote:
Bradley
Crowder
Horford
Okafor

Probably doesn't beat the Cavs, def doesn't beat the Dubs. Would have to see the bench though. Feel like Horford and Okafor would get punked by the Cavs bigs.

Jordan Mickey would probably be a key player for y'all, but he is basically a rookie, so it's tough to rely on him entirely.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,942

Post#243 » by Froob » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Froob wrote:
Bradley
Crowder
Horford
Okafor

Jordan Mickey would probably be a key player for y'all, but he is basically a rookie, so it's tough to rely on him entirely.

I hope so, looked super promising in very few mins last year. Not so much in SL.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,908

Post#244 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:12 pm

MGB8 wrote:No talks on Westbrook or Griffin... but maybe Cousins?

If I'm Sacramento, I'd have to think about moving on from Boogie. And if the team doesn't perform that well this season, that increases the chances of keeping my pick. Boston has 2 valuable first round picks to send - one with the Brooklyn swap attached, and one that is Brooklyn's own. They also have salary filler that would easily make a trade doable.

Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, James Young (salary) and those 2 picks for Boogie & McLemore? It works on trade-machine. Boston would have to think about it. They keep all of their starters (assuming Olynyk penciled in ahead of Johnson). Yes, they sacrifice the two picks - with lots of hope attached but no sure things - along with a rotation guard who is likely to soon be supplanted by Rozier, and a solid but unspectacular power forward who is not part of the future and on his last year. But that's for the best center in the NBA, on a value contract.

Look at the post-trade depth chart for Boston:
pg: I.Thomas, Rozier, D.Jackson
sg: A.Bradley, McLemore, RJ Hunter
sf: Crowder, Brown
pf: Horford, Jerebko, Mickey
cc: Cousins, Olynyk, Zizic...

All of the sudden, Cleveland has to really worry. And so would Golden State. Because they aren't built to defend against big teams.

I don't know what Sacramento would do, because they do make some questionable decisions, but I would think a team that has missed the playoffs for a decade would have no use for young non-stars and picks.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,160

Post#245 » by kodo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:36 pm

If Westbrook hasn't made up his mind where he wants to be after next season, there isn't much for Ainge to work with.

He'd be an idiot to give up those picks for just a 1 year rental of WB, just to watch him leave and sign somewhere else (hell, he could sign back in OKC).

And Presti would be an idiot to trade Westbrook for scraps, might as well take a chance and hope he takes max money that OKC can offer. Let's keep in mind Westbrook has very little sponsorship revenue compared to guys like Lebron, Durant, even Rose.

I don't think either GM is doing anything wrong here, until WB makes up his mind about his future.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,202

Post#246 » by TheSheriff » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:52 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:Celtic fans are funny to me...

Anyways the sixers have all those player assets but also their own 1st round pick, next tears lakers top 3 protected pick, and swap rights with sacramento which is likely again going to be a really high pick... okafor or noel have higher value than marcus smart or olinyck.. thats just a fact.. the sixers have more to offer than boston IMO, but I wouldnt trade for westbrook unless he signs immediately with us... simmons is going to play PG for us in the near future, so the front court isnt quite as jammed as some think, saric can play the 3 as does covington.. that leaves noel, embiid, okafor at the 4 and 5 to rotate.. if simmons does eventually play PG, we arent as crowded as thought especially with embiid being an unknown.

And despite that, the Sixers, who have desperately trying to trade one or both, have not been able to make a trade.
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#247 » by KrazySixersD » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:01 pm

I dont think the sixers are desperately trying to make a trade, what incentive do we have? We arent making the playoffs this year regardless, and embiid is not a given.. teams keep trying to low ball us thinking we are sesperate when we def should not be
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#248 » by KrazySixersD » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Plus I think teams thought colangelo would come in desperate for win now and be able to rape him in trades.. and so far colangelo has been incredibly smart with what he has done, much to us sicer fans surprise
booonani
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#249 » by booonani » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:03 pm

kodo wrote:If Westbrook hasn't made up his mind where he wants to be after next season, there isn't much for Ainge to work with.

He'd be an idiot to give up those picks for just a 1 year rental of WB, just to watch him leave and sign somewhere else (hell, he could sign back in OKC).

And Presti would be an idiot to trade Westbrook for scraps, might as well take a chance and hope he takes max money that OKC can offer. Let's keep in mind Westbrook has very little sponsorship revenue compared to guys like Lebron, Durant, even Rose.

I don't think either GM is doing anything wrong here, until WB makes up his mind about his future.

For endorsements he made more than Paul, Melo & Blake and only a couple mil less than Curry, Rose & Wade. He has Jordan and Mountain Dew + his fashion deals.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,075

Post#250 » by JB2 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:13 pm

Clippers: Gay, Crowder, Thomas
Celtics: Griffin, Reddick
Kings: Smart + Rozier

OKC: Brooklyn 2017 + 2018 First, Jaylen Brown, 2019 Memphis First
Boston: Westbrook

Horford
Griffin
Reddick
Bradley
Westbrook
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#251 » by TommyPoints » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:18 pm

JB2 wrote:Clippers: Gay, Crowder, Thomas

Horford
Griffin
Reddick
Bradley
Westbrook

Boston won't pay that much.
twinthunder3
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#252 » by twinthunder3 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Let's put a scenario together where Presti doesn't trade Westbrook and he leaves next July. His jersey will be burned by the fans as well because they will be irrational and Presti will have lost two top five players in back to back years for nothing (this would be a huge black mark on his career IMO). The Thunder are no longer playing for championships with Durant gone, it's just the way it is. I get it sucks, but hey, nothing in life is guaranteed. Time to think about starting over. Only one finals appearance in eight years. Damn shame.

Presti's biggest mistake was trading away James Harden....it showed that okc was unwilling to pay to contend
clippertown
Veteran
And1: 928

Re: Re: REPORT: CELTICS 

Post#253 » by clippertown » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:16 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:
clippertown wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:I'm curious of how can CP3 go to Cleveland with Kyrie Irving still on the team.

What LBJ wants, LBJ gets and he wants to play with CP3.

The only way it is feasible is if the Cavs retain CP3's bird rights which means a sign and trade with CP3 and Irving. The Clippers would be fools to lose CP3 for nothing and Irving is a solid, if slightly inferior, replacement.

I don't know about the fit though, LeBron is the playmaker of the Cavs, Kyrie is more suited to play off the ball. CP3 off the ball would be sacrificed (Kevin Love type of sacrifice) and LeBron off the ball isn't enough of a shooter.
If I'm the Cavs I don't trade a young star with a reasonable contract (18 m/y untile 2020) to sign a 32 years old player who plays the same position and will earn almost 30 millions.

I wouldn't make the trade either, but if the Cavs are crushed by GSW in the finals then LBJ may very well move on. By bringing CP3 onboard, you guarantee that LBJ will sign the same extension that CP3 does.

Everything is a gamble, but you can rest assured that if CP3 is a Clipper next year, the Clippers will do everything in their power to attract LBJ to the coast. Its a huge gamble for Cleveland, just like it was for Oklahoma.
HotTubMike
Veteran
And1: 4,166

Post#254 » by HotTubMike » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Horford
Griffin
Reddick
Bradley
Westbrook

That's just horrible for the Clippers
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,964

Re: Re: REPORT: CELTICS 

Post#255 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:23 pm

clippertown wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:
clippertown wrote:What LBJ wants, LBJ gets and he wants to play with CP3.

The only way it is feasible is if the Cavs retain CP3's bird rights which means a sign and trade with CP3 and Irving. The Clippers would be fools to lose CP3 for nothing and Irving is a solid, if slightly inferior, replacement.

I don't know about the fit though, LeBron is the playmaker of the Cavs, Kyrie is more suited to play off the ball. CP3 off the ball would be sacrificed (Kevin Love type of sacrifice) and LeBron off the ball isn't enough of a shooter.
If I'm the Cavs I don't trade a young star with a reasonable contract (18 m/y untile 2020) to sign a 32 years old player who plays the same position and will earn almost 30 millions.

I wouldn't make the trade either, but if the Cavs are crushed by GSW in the finals then LBJ may very well move on. By bringing CP3 onboard, you guarantee that LBJ will sign the same extension that CP3 does.

Everything is a gamble, but you can rest assured that if CP3 is a Clipper next year, the Clippers will do everything in their power to attract LBJ to the coast. Its a huge gamble for Cleveland, just like it was for Oklahoma.

If LBJ wants to go to the Clippers, he can go to the Clippers. But TT, Kyrie, JR and Love won't be going anywhere and the Cavs will have cap space for the first time since LBJ came back.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,075

Post#256 » by JB2 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:29 pm

HotTubMike wrote:

Horford
Griffin
Reddick
Bradley
Westbrook

fine then send them the Memphis pick and give them back their own.. or one or the other.

Clippers played better without Griffin and that lineup is very well balanced
HotTubMike
Veteran
And1: 4,166

Post#257 » by HotTubMike » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:43 pm

JB2 wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:

Horford
Griffin
Reddick
Bradley
Westbrook

fine then send them the Memphis pick and give them back their own.. or one or the other.

So you're suggesting the Clippers trade a franchise top 10 player + their best role player and get back 3 role players and maybe a late 1st?

Seems like a garbage deal to me.
clippertown
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#258 » by clippertown » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:56 pm

HotTubMike wrote:
JB2 wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:

So you're suggesting the Clippers trade a franchise top 10 player + their best role player and get back 3 role players and maybe a late 1st?

It doesnt seem like a garbage deal - it is a garbage deal.

Clippers want both BRK picks plus an asset significant enough to get Rudy Gay. Otherwise, no deal will get done with Boston.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,476

Post#259 » by Patsfan1081 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:16 pm

HotTubMike wrote:
JB2 wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:

Just because Thomas is under six feet and you're not a fan of his doesn't mean he didn't make an allstar team last year. What does this guy have to do to get a little respect from people, somone putting up 20/6 a year isn't a role player.

That being said the report is Boston hasn't had any talks about these two guys, both of them equate to being rentals for a year and I doubt either side gives a inch.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,476

Post#260 » by Patsfan1081 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:19 pm

clippertown wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:
JB2 wrote:

It doesnt seem like a garbage deal - it is a garbage deal.

Clippers want both BRK picks plus an asset significant enough to get Rudy Gay. Otherwise, no deal will get done with Boston.

No team is going to give up a top five pick, let alone what could be two high lottery picks for a one year rental. How does that make any sense? Mello in his prime didn't even get that with much more left on his contract.

Return to The General Board