Worst team in the NBA

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who is the worst ?

1 .Lakers
10%
2. 76ers
18%
3. Nets
63%
4. Knicks
4%
5. Suns
3%
6. Pelicens
1%
7. Other. Who?
2%

Total votes: 533

Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Re: Worst team in the NBA 

Post#141 » by Paz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:15 am

No love for the HEAT? Smh. We will make all the trades to get all the picks and lose all the games. We will win the tank-off this year.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#142 » by LloydFree » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:30 am

Mr. E wrote:
TreasureCoast wrote:Replace NY with OKC, Nets without a doubt for worst tho...

That's kind of silly.

Even after losing Durant the Thunder are a stacked team. They have a legitimate "great" player on the roster for the time being. Looking at them over the past few seasons they've shown that they have been able to win without one of their stars playing.

If they trade Westbrook then things may change, but there is no reason to look at that team right now and claim that they are a bottom-5 roster. Even without Durant I still like their sure-thing playoff chances better than the Mavericks, Jazz or my Rockets.

Bull. The previous year, when Durant was hurt, the Timberwolves were a bottom 12 team most of the year. If they trade Westbrook for anything less than another superstar, they'll be right in the conversation for worse team. Plus they'll have league approved incentive to tank (like Cleveland in 2010).
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,173

Post#143 » by King4Day » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:54 pm

Unfortunately I'd say the nets. I think philly has done enough to be better than they were.
I wouldn't care as much of those picks were with another team like okc or philly. Boston has to much successful history and I hate that they get a free pass to build more greatness because one gm did his job incorrectly

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM mobile app
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,372

Post#144 » by JXL » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:59 pm

Where's the Kings? IDK what the hell they're doing. They have the highest potential to be a total trainwreck, especially with Cousins sulking even deeper to madness with that FO mess.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#145 » by Mr. E » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:11 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Mr. E wrote:
TreasureCoast wrote:Replace NY with OKC, Nets without a doubt for worst tho...

That's kind of silly.

Even after losing Durant the Thunder are a stacked team. They have a legitimate "great" player on the roster for the time being. Looking at them over the past few seasons they've shown that they have been able to win without one of their stars playing.

If they trade Westbrook then things may change, but there is no reason to look at that team right now and claim that they are a bottom-5 roster. Even without Durant I still like their sure-thing playoff chances better than the Mavericks, Jazz or my Rockets.

Bull. The previous year, when Durant was hurt, the Timberwolves were a bottom 12 team most of the year. If they trade Westbrook for anything less than another superstar, they'll be right in the conversation for worse team. Plus they'll have league approved incentive to tank (like Cleveland in 2010).

You are referring to the 2014/2015 season? That whole team was ravaged by injuries that season. I think that they had to use almost 20 different starting lineups because of the various injuries. It's not like Westbrook (who missed some games as well) was playing with a healthy roster. Even so, the current Thunder without Durant are probably a stronger overall team than that 2014/2015 Thunder team without Durant (even if fully healthy).

Like I said, if they trade Westbrook then the conversation changes.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#146 » by TreasureCoast » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Mr. E wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
Mr. E wrote:
That's kind of silly.

You are referring to the 2014/2015 season? That whole team was ravaged by injuries that season. I think that they had to use almost 20 different starting lineups because of the various injuries. It's not like Westbrook (who missed some games as well) was playing with a healthy roster. Even so, the current Thunder without Durant are probably a stronger overall team than that 2014/2015 Thunder team without Durant (even if fully healthy).

My original comment was assuming Westbrook gets traded, in which case they will no doubt be a bottom 7 team
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,665

Post#147 » by TinmanZBoy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 pm

where is Byron Scott?
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#148 » by bondom34 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:46 pm

TreasureCoast wrote:
Mr. E wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Bull. The previous year, when Durant was hurt, the Timberwolves were a bottom 12 team most of the year. If they trade Westbrook for anything less than another superstar, they'll be right in the conversation for worse team. Plus they'll have league approved incentive to tank (like Cleveland in 2010).

My original comment was assuming Westbrook gets traded, in which case they will no doubt be a bottom 7 team

Would depend on what they trade him for. If they get a starting PG back, I'd still take them over the Nets, Philly, Suns, Knicks, Kings, probably Miami, and a couple others. I'd still say they'd be around 30 wins.

And really at this point it seems a trade is unlikely.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,262

Post#149 » by chrisab123 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:42 am

Slava wrote:
Froob wrote:Loving the responses...do not trade that pick Danny.

If I were a Boston fan I'd hope some other team sees that pick as a great asset and gives me a proper star in return. Ainge drafting is not a very assuring prospect and Celtics are in a place where they are one step below contention and waiting on a rookie will only delay it.

I agree with this. Ainge is terrible at drafting. I have no problem dealing it for Westbrook or Griffin.
kvash37
Pro Prospect
And1: 367

Post#150 » by kvash37 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:48 am

The Nets are probably in the worst position. So many bad moves over the last few years. Garnett, Pierce, Wallace, Johnson and Deron. Yuck.
cw3k
Bench Warmer
And1: 503

Post#151 » by cw3k » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:59 am

Dominater wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:Pelicens no doubt.

svart wrote:I think the only thing the Nets will win this season is this poll.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No way. AD keeps them out of the basement single handedly.

Only if he can play more thslan half a season
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#152 » by Alonzo_Morning » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:47 am

cw3k wrote:
Dominater wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:Pelicens no doubt.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No way. AD keeps them out of the basement single handedly.

Only if he can play more thslan half a season

He's 5 years into his career now, he should have grown into his body and you will see a more durable AD this season.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Re: Re: Worst team in the NBA 

Post#153 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Masterfully wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Not the Sixers anymore.

Players out:
Ish Smith
Isaiah Canaan
Christian Wood
Kendal Marshall (likely to be waived)
Carl Landry (likely to be waived)

Players in:
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid (expected to be ready for training camp)
Dario Saric
Jerryd Bayless
Sergio Rodriguez
Timothe Luwawu
Gerald Henderson

They got better. I'd expect them to outpace the Nets and possibly a few others.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sixers should be improved, but they have a ways to go before they are not the worst. Their new starting backcourt of Bayless and Henderson is better, but they were 2nd/3rd string last year. And Saric/Covington are going to need to chuck, because they have no shooting.

Again, I like the direction Philly is heading now, but they are in pole postion for the Giles/Tatum sweepstakes.

I'm not sure they have a long way to go. We're just talking about not being the worst team in the league. I don't see them finishing worse than Brooklyn and I'm not sure teams like Sacramento, Miami, LA, Phoenix, Orlando, and New Orleans are really that much better.

Philly added three potential ROY candidates this summer. Their young talent is undeniable with Simmons, Embiid, Okafor, Saric, Noel and they've added some nice placeholder vets on short term deals in Henderson, Bayless, & Rodriguez.

Barring injuries I could see them winning 20-25 games. Still a bottom 5 team, just not the worst.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
StartingBench
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#154 » by StartingBench » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:21 pm

I don't see Raptors in this poll. damn, we made it!

Return to The General Board