Worst team in the NBA

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who is the worst ?

1 .Lakers
10%
2. 76ers
18%
3. Nets
63%
4. Knicks
4%
5. Suns
3%
6. Pelicens
1%
7. Other. Who?
2%

Total votes: 533

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Worst team in the NBA 

Post#101 » by LloydFree » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:49 am

SashAlex wrote:
Kswiss wrote:
LloydFree wrote:The Lakers won (what) 17 games last year and replaced Kobe Bryant and Roy Hibbert with Mozgov and the corpse of Luol Deng.

The Lakers have little to no NBA talent on that roster. The corpse of Deng is still an improvement over Kobe, but Mozgov was awful this last year. Ingram will not be a quality NBA player at his weight. I think Walton is a good coach however so while they will be bad I have The Suns worse.

There is no logic in your argument. You say the Lakers have little to no NBA talent yet you put a very talented Phoenix team lower.

If you think guys like DAR, Nance, Clarkson, Randle, Ingram, Zubac aren't talents(not a lot of experience here), but still in a couple of years this core has some potential to be very good. Might as well said the Lakers will have the worst record next season, but to say there is no talent is pure bullcake.

I'm a D'angelo Russell fan, but the rest of that team... ugh. Ingram (who I like) is a year away from being a year away. They're going to be just as bad this year as last year. But that's probably good, because it will allow them to keep their lottery pick again.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#102 » by The_Hater » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:07 pm

The Nets have a lock on this for a few seasons. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them beeak the all-time record for the worst 5 year win-loss record. The only thing that could be more perfect is if Sacramento hired Billy King to work with Vlade Divac.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#103 » by SpinninHouse » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Brooklyn is just waiting for their 1st round draft pick supply to re-load so they can acquire 38 year old D-Wade and 46 year old Manu Ginobilli.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#104 » by SpinninHouse » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Net Sentence wrote:
patman52 wrote:Billy King should be arrested if he ever enters NY in the future. The worse possible result of the trade for the Net fans happened. The only good thing was it got him fired.

The Nba had to put up with the sixers for three years and now this.

Not really, Ainge has blown every pick we have gave you. This years was the best, passing on Kris Dunn was beyond stupid.

I still can't believe he passed on Dunn. That could go down in NBA history along with the Darko-over-Melo pick.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#105 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:58 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
patman52 wrote:Billy King should be arrested if he ever enters NY in the future. The worse possible result of the trade for the Net fans happened. The only good thing was it got him fired.

Not really, Ainge has blown every pick we have gave you. This years was the best, passing on Kris Dunn was beyond stupid.

While I'll agree that Ainge was beyond stupid for passing up Dunn and wasting that #3 pick, that doesn't change the fact that the Nets made the boneheaded trade of the century. Everybody who signed off on that deal should never have a job in the NBA again.

Draft picks are a crap shoot, we all play Monday morning quarterback but idk. Ainge greys a bad rap to me in the draft. Is there one guy who you can say " ok he drafted a superstar"? No but most of the picks he's recieved were in weak drafts and most of the players are still developing. I mean how many players in the last five years can we say were instantly star players like a Duncan or Iverson? Think about it KP from my team came runner up in ROTY at something like 12 pts. So its still more a potential award than a production award.

But speaking of production he's selected a series of players through the draft and built a team most would consider a rebuilding team and what has happened. They don't look like a rebuilding team at all. Winning games. Now don't get me wrong, I see Isiah Thomas and some other vets mixed in, the coach is a genius. But by and large the team is made up of all these draft mistakes people are referencing and won games. So maybe they don't exhibit superstar potential but not many total busts either and I still believe sobe of thier guys could end up being better. Olynik game is prefectly suited to excel in this new shooters nba. It ain't over for Smart.

Perhaps if some of these guys were on teams not trying to win, share the ball they could look better being featured in a losing effort
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#106 » by The_Hater » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:05 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Fantaxp7 wrote:Curious as to why people think the Sixers will be worse than the Nets? Sixers at least have some talented and promising players....The Nets just signed Anthony Bennett to a two year deal...

Nets, sadly, probably still have more proven NBA players at this point. Compare projected depth charts:

Nets:
pg: Lin, Vasquez, Whitehead
sg: Bogdanovic, Foye, Killpatric
sf: Hollis-Jefferson, Lavert
pf: Booker, Scola, Bennett
cc: B.Lopez, Hamilton

They will still stink but I like this Nets roster better than last years team. Lin, Scola and Booker were nice signings.

Marginally better I guess. Lin and Booker were solid signings but both have been primarily backups, they're not huge difference makers. And while Lin is solid offensively he might be the worst defensive PG in the league. Scola is 36 and looked done last season. Foye is very near the end too. Vasquez could bounce back and be solid but he can't play a lick of defense either. Trading Young for #20 and then turning around and take a projected 2nd round pick was a poor allocation of assets and Replaced their 2nd best player with someone that won't likely play much. Hamilton might be the best under the radar signing in the league but he's not going to play much here.

This shouldn't be the worst offensive team in the league but looks to be in or near the bottom 5 and they're my pick for the worst defensive team in the league.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#107 » by LloydFree » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

While I'll agree that Ainge was beyond stupid for passing up Dunn and wasting that #3 pick, that doesn't change the fact that the Nets made the boneheaded trade of the century. Everybody who signed off on that deal should never have a job in the NBA again.

Draft picks are a crap shoot, we all play Monday morning quarterback but idk. Ainge greys a bad rap to me in the draft. Is there one guy who you can say " ok he drafted a superstar"? No but most of the picks he's recieved were in weak drafts and most of the players are still developing. I mean how many players in the last five years can we say were instantly star players like a Duncan or Iverson? Think about it KP from my team came runner up in ROTY at something like 12 pts. So its still more a potential award than a production award.

But speaking of production he's selected a series of players through the draft and built a team most would consider a rebuilding team and what has happened. They don't look like a rebuilding team at all. Winning games. Now don't get me wrong, I see Isiah Thomas and some other vets mixed in, the coach is a genius. But by and large the team is made up of all these draft mistakes people are referencing and won games. So maybe they don't exhibit superstar potential but not many total busts either and I still believe sobe of thier guys could end up being better. Olynik game is prefectly suited to excel in this new shooters nba. It ain't over for Smart.

Perhaps if some of these guys were on teams not trying to win, share the ball they could look better being featured in a losing effort

My comments have nothing to do with Danny Ainge's past drafting record. My comment was specifically about this draft. He had the clear #3 (2nd best player in the draft for me) sitting there, with multiple teams offering ransoms for him. He made a bonehead pick and wasted an opportunity.

(Can you imagine how fast the Thunder would jump for Dunn, now that they know they have to trade Westbrook?)
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#108 » by Net Sentence » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:41 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

Everything about that trade can be place on the fragile shoulders of Deron Williams. Those draft picks should have been inconsequential. D-Will was suppose to be on Chris Paul's level of difference maker. I cant think of a player falling from grace as fast as D-Will. He shrunk under the pressure of playing in a big market. A lot of people want to place the blame on Billy King but if D-Will didnt completely fall apart, the Nets would have been a good team.

People harp on the lack of draft picks but that was never really a problem under King. He was able to get us good talent late in the draft. When the Nets made the trade for Pierce and KG, they were all in for the next season. We had one of the top 4 teams on paper before the season started but then Lopez broke his foot. Luckily, King drafted Mason Plumlee who outperformed his draft position and we still managed to get to the 2nd round. Who knows how far we would have went if Lopez didnt get hurt. King was able to flip Plumlee for Rondae Hollis-Jefferson who was a very good pick as well as drafting Chris McCullough who should be a starting PF in the NBA once he puts on a few more pounds. King flipped KG for Thad who was then flipped by Marks for a first round pick in this years draft. So like I said, the lack of young talent really isnt a problem, it was the collapse of D-Will that sunk the Nets.
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#109 » by Net Sentence » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:44 pm

SpinninHouse wrote:Brooklyn is just waiting for their 1st round draft pick supply to re-load so they can acquire 38 year old D-Wade and 46 year old Manu Ginobilli.

The Nets have made 3 pick in the first round over the last 2 years. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Chris McCullough and Caris LeVert. It doesnt seem like that because both RHJ and McCullough missed most of last season.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,327

Post#110 » by DK-All Day » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Net Sentence wrote:

Brown will be better than Dunn. Brown is 19 and Dunn is 22. Ainge went with the high-upside guy over the high-floor guy.
Handsome.
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#111 » by Net Sentence » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:58 pm

DK-All Day wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

Brown will be better than Dunn. Brown is 19 and Dunn is 22. Ainge went with the high-upside guy over the high-floor guy.

What?

Dunn's upside is top PG in the NBA. Westbrook 2.0 :lol:
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#112 » by LloydFree » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:37 pm

DK-All Day wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

Yeah, I've seen this explanation from those who want to justify this pick, but I seriously doubt that will be the case. Dunn isn't some nobody like Buddy Hield, who stuck around college basketball until he eventually became better than all of the young guys. Dunn was monster coming out of HS, who got hurt. He would have been a lottery pick in the league two years ago if not for injury.

Dunn's ceiling is just as high, if not higher than Brown's. Coming out of HS, I liked Brown a lot. I watched him and said 'thats Jason Richardson at the same age.' I see Dunn and say that's a better passing, more aware, John Wall. Barring injury, Dunn IS and WILL be a better player than Brown, even if Brown reaches his ceiling, IMO.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,085

Post#113 » by God Squad » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Dunn over Brown easily for me. Tbh out of the top prospects. Only Simmons and Dunn pass the eye test for me. You can see how and where they're going to contribute. I also get a John wall feel from Dunn. Wolves looking real good.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,085

Post#114 » by God Squad » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Also to add on draft night Brown is who I had slipping until Celtics reached at 3. I had him falling to 8-9.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#115 » by pelifan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:14 pm

Bruh. how are the Pelicans even an option on the poll? I don't see Minny up there and we finished with a better record than they did, despite more injuries. We're also just as likely to have a better season than last year. All we need is for Davis to get back to where he was in 2015 and we'd have 40 wins.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Re: Re: Re: Worst team in the NBA 

Post#116 » by immortalone23 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:23 pm

pelifan wrote:Bruh. how are the Pelicans even an option on the poll? I don't see Minny up there and we finished with a better record than they did, despite more injuries. We're also just as likely to have a better season than last year. All we need is for Davis to get back to where he was in 2015 and we'd have 40 wins.

Because outside of Davis and Holiday, you don't have much. If Davis gets hurt again, y'all are a bottom 5 team.
"what am I going to do with all these picks? :lol:
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: Re: Re: Worst team in the NBA 

Post#117 » by pelifan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:30 pm

immortalone23 wrote:
pelifan wrote:Bruh. how are the Pelicans even an option on the poll? I don't see Minny up there and we finished with a better record than they did, despite more injuries. We're also just as likely to have a better season than last year. All we need is for Davis to get back to where he was in 2015 and we'd have 40 wins.

Because outside of Davis and Holiday, you don't have much. If Davis gets hurt again, y'all are a bottom 5 team.

Sure. But as far as I was aware this was about worst team on paper. Davis would have to miss the majority of the season, which he hasn't done yet. We aren't good but no way it gets worse than last year and we still weren't bottom 5. How do we make this poll over the Kings for example I have no idea.
AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#118 » by AllanH20 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Not to seem like a homer or anything but how are the Knicks included in this poll? We had the 9th worst record last year and we made some solid upgrades this offseason and most importantly, our head coach is no longer named Fisher or Rambis.

I think it's going to be the Nets with the worst record.
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,700

Post#119 » by Capn'O » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:57 pm

MGB8 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:It doesn't take a lot of imagination to foresee a situation where the Knicks just implode.
Exactly. There are tiers of teams in the nba ranging from legit contenders (2-4 every year usually tier-1) all the way down to cellar dwellers. (Same number 2-4 tier-5)The Knicks are in tier 4 until proven otherwise.

That tier is probably the murkiest, and most prone to wild swings that trend downwards. The Knicks, regardless of how Knick fan feels, are absolutely in that camp. Older players, oft injured players, young players, new coach, e.t.c. it's a volatile mix.

Tier 4, unlike tier 2 (the dark horses, proven playoff teams with questions keeping them out of tier 1) or tier 3 (completely average teams that end up in the 10-6 seeds usually. No wild swings up or down expected but a surprising playoff run can happen if they get hot) are teams with absolute caps on season success. There is no "outside chance" they win a title and they have a much higher chance of cratering into oblivion.

This why the Knicks are on this poll Knick fan. Your unproven, with a volatile mix of assets.

With that said, the Miami Heat(tier 4) should absolutely be on this list as well.

My pick goes to the Nets, tier-5 team.

I'm not a Knicks fan, at all, but I think the post is unfair to the Knicks. Yeah, they could implode and be the worst team in the NBA. But they actually have maybe the highest upside of any non-Cleveland and Golden State team, too.

If Noah returns to 90% of his DMVP form... if Rose returns to 90% of his MVP form... if Courtney Lee has an "on" year... if Melo stays healthy... if Porzingis keeps developing... if the depth (Jennings, J.Holiday, L.Thomas, O'Quinn, Hermangomez, Vujacic, maybe Plumlee) --- I mean, that team would have scoring, defense (including Rose who used to be able to defend PG as well as anyone) shooting... everything that a team would need to really put heat on the Cavs...

But the chances of all that happening are... well, not so good,.

Good post. As a Knick fan, I'd add Mindaugus "Mad Daug" Kuzminskas as a likely rotation player. He's a top Lithuanian player the team had been monitoring for a few years now and will likely have a significant role with the second unit.

IMO, the Knicks have the highest ceiling/floor disparity of any team I've seen in awhile. Not just with the major splash moves but we also don't really know what a lot of the bench guys (Mad Daug, Hernangomez, Holiday, and I'll throw Baker and NDour in there) will bring. They're just not NBA tested and other than Melo it's tough to predict the level of play of the other guys due to injuries (Rose, Noah, Jennings) and experience (Kristaps, O'Quinn, Holiday.)

Knicks have been pretty bad for awhile so I understand that there's no benefit of the doubt given, but I haven't been as happy with management's approach to building the team in my adult life.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,302

Post#120 » by HoopsterJones » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:31 pm

The Kings are a viable candidate in this poll. I would vote for them as the worst FO in the league.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:

Return to The General Board