Worst team in the NBA

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who is the worst ?

1 .Lakers
10%
2. 76ers
18%
3. Nets
63%
4. Knicks
4%
5. Suns
3%
6. Pelicens
1%
7. Other. Who?
2%

Total votes: 533

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: Worst team in the NBA 

Post#121 » by kamaze » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:27 pm

The Nets were horrible last year finally the GM was fired he's gone now but his stench is still around the team. Now we're riding on the youth sprinkled with a few vets the team might surprise you.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
peachbucket
Sixth Man
And1: 659

Post#122 » by peachbucket » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:27 pm

SpinninHouse wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
patman52 wrote:Billy King should be arrested if he ever enters NY in the future. The worse possible result of the trade for the Net fans happened. The only good thing was it got him fired.

The Nba had to put up with the sixers for three years and now this.

Not really, Ainge has blown every pick we have gave you. This years was the best, passing on Kris Dunn was beyond stupid.

I still can't believe he passed on Dunn. That could go down in NBA history along with the Darko-over-Melo pick.

Yeah, I can't believe he wasted the #17 pick on James Young who is a complete bust. He could have selected Gary Harris or Rodney Hood instead who could probably get some minutes coming off the bench.

Regarding Jalen Brown and Dunn though, I will have to respectfully disagreeu. JB at only 19, has already flashed his enormous ceiling this summer league...a Paul George type two way 20+ ppg scorer....it's still early but if he doesn't end up in multiple all star games and at least as good as Wiggins then I will be surprised. But that my friend is just the appetitezer! The main course will be served in 2017 and will feature a top 3 selection in the best point class in over a decade...a delicious can't miss smorgashbord of ELITE talent in the top 5...but Danny will have to leave a little room for desert which will in the form of YET ANOTHER top pick in a 2018 draft that already features two transcendent talents in Ayton and Porter.

Speaking of NBA history, after all the dust has settled, this may very well go down as the most infamous heist of ALL TIME. A grand larceny of such magnitude, that it even eclipses the great Auerbach pilferage of 1980 that brought in two future HOF'ers for the corpse of Joe Barry Carrol and established a three championship dynasty. Not so much for the magnitude of what was stolen, which will be very impressive in it's own right, but more for the Chernobyl like devastation that it left behind...turning the richest NBA market and proud franchise into a radioactive NBA wasteland for the better part of decade.

Anyway, good luck this season. I'm expecting big things out of Jeremy Lin and I'm not just talking about his hair! I think if it all comes together and Brook stays healthy you could be looking at 20 wins! It's kinda cool to have another team to root for!
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#123 » by Little Digger » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:30 pm

I remember for 20+ years out of 30 hoping the warriors would be the worst team in the NBA..Instead they'd win between 30 and 40 year after year after year..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Kswiss
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#124 » by Kswiss » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:50 pm

The_Hater wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Nets, sadly, probably still have more proven NBA players at this point. Compare projected depth charts:

Nets:
pg: Lin, Vasquez, Whitehead
sg: Bogdanovic, Foye, Killpatric
sf: Hollis-Jefferson, Lavert
pf: Booker, Scola, Bennett
cc: B.Lopez, Hamilton

They will still stink but I like this Nets roster better than last years team. Lin, Scola and Booker were nice signings.

Marginally better I guess. Lin and Booker were solid signings but both have been primarily backups, they're not huge difference makers. And while Lin is solid offensively he might be the worst defensive PG in the league. Scola is 36 and looked done last season. Foye is very near the end too. Vasquez could bounce back and be solid but he can't play a lick of defense either. Trading Young for #20 and then turning around and take a projected 2nd round pick was a poor allocation of assets and Replaced their 2nd best player with someone that won't likely play much. Hamilton might be the best under the radar signing in the league but he's not going to play much here.

This shouldn't be the worst offensive team in the league but looks to be in or near the bottom 5 and they're my pick for the worst defensive team in the league.

Uhhhhm regarding Lin, I would argue the exact opposite, phenomenal defender, I'm curious if he will be solid enough offensively to carry what will likely be a very heavy load for a full season. He's gonna probably have to score 25+ a night so we'll see if he can do that
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,588

Post#125 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:05 pm

If any organization thinks of hiring Billy King, they should write in his contract that he can't trade any first rounder for any deal no matter how good it sounds. The Sixers are definitely in better shape than the Nets. They might get the worst record but they'll always get to acquire pieces to trade for a star. The Nets are bad now and for the next couple of years. And as a Knick fan, this is a consolation prize. If we're not gonna win a ring anytime soon, at least we're not Brooklyn.

With that said, the Nets might beat the Knicks in head-to-head matchups, simply because Lin likes to torch us.
BigtimeNBAfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,960

Post#126 » by BigtimeNBAfan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Probably the Suns. The Suns were terrible last year and didn't get much better. Granted they had injuries, but so did a lot of garbage teams.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#127 » by TreasureCoast » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:47 am

Replace NY with OKC, Nets without a doubt for worst tho...
cycl0nus
Rookie
And1: 773

Post#128 » by cycl0nus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:59 am

Kswiss wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:

Marginally better I guess. Lin and Booker were solid signings but both have been primarily backups, they're not huge difference makers. And while Lin is solid offensively he might be the worst defensive PG in the league. Scola is 36 and looked done last season. Foye is very near the end too. Vasquez could bounce back and be solid but he can't play a lick of defense either. Trading Young for #20 and then turning around and take a projected 2nd round pick was a poor allocation of assets and Replaced their 2nd best player with someone that won't likely play much. Hamilton might be the best under the radar signing in the league but he's not going to play much here.

This shouldn't be the worst offensive team in the league but looks to be in or near the bottom 5 and they're my pick for the worst defensive team in the league.

Uhhhhm regarding Lin, I would argue the exact opposite, phenomenal defender, I'm curious if he will be solid enough offensively to carry what will likely be a very heavy load for a full season. He's gonna probably have to score 25+ a night so we'll see if he can do that
i like lin- hes a good pro. i do like rondae hollis, but other than those two, i see the nets struggling. ny has pieces, as do philly and the laks. i feel that the nets will be the worst, but the laks/philly/phoe will be jockeying aound 2-4
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#129 » by thamadkant » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:02 am

BigtimeNBAfan wrote:Probably the Suns. The Suns were terrible last year and didn't get much better. Granted they had injuries, but so did a lot of garbage teams.

Hopefully.
Which will mean we trade out the vets and go full youth.

Getting a 2017 top 3 pick along with Booker, Warren, Len, Goodwin, Chriss, Bender and Ulis is a much better direction going forward... Over trying to make the 8th spot with little development time for the youth.
cycl0nus
Rookie
And1: 773

Post#130 » by cycl0nus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:04 am

1UPZ wrote:
BigtimeNBAfan wrote:Probably the Suns. The Suns were terrible last year and didn't get much better. Granted they had injuries, but so did a lot of garbage teams.

Hopefully.
Which will mean we trade out the vets and go full youth.

Getting a 2017 top 3 pick along with Booker, Warren, Len, Goodwin, Chriss, Bender and Ulis is a much better direction going forward... Over trying to make the 8th spot with little development time for the youth.

i really like phoe' pieces going forward. still a lot to learn, but the pieces are there
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#131 » by The_Hater » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:42 am

Kswiss wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:

I'm not sure which Lin you've been watching but both visually and statistically he's a terrible defensive player. Opposing teams pick on him constantly on pick and rolls. He's physically weak and small so just about every opponent physical dominates him.

Offensively he is one of the league leaders in getting to the rim every season. Awesome penetrator, solid inside finisher and decent enough shooter and passer.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#132 » by SpinninHouse » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:17 am

peachbucket wrote:
SpinninHouse wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
Not really, Ainge has blown every pick we have gave you. This years was the best, passing on Kris Dunn was beyond stupid.

I still can't believe he passed on Dunn. That could go down in NBA history along with the Darko-over-Melo pick.

Yeah, I can't believe he wasted the #17 pick on James Young who is a complete bust. He could have selected Gary Harris or Rodney Hood instead who could probably get some minutes coming off the bench.

Regarding Jalen Brown and Dunn though, I will have to respectfully disagreeu. JB at only 19, has already flashed his enormous ceiling this summer league...a Paul George type two way 20+ ppg scorer....it's still early but if he doesn't end up in multiple all star games and at least as good as Wiggins then I will be surprised. But that my friend is just the appetitezer! The main course will be served in 2017 and will feature a top 3 selection in the best point class in over a decade...a delicious can't miss smorgashbord of ELITE talent in the top 5...but Danny will have to leave a little room for desert which will in the form of YET ANOTHER top pick in a 2018 draft that already features two transcendent talents in Ayton and Porter.

Speaking of NBA history, after all the dust has settled, this may very well go down as the most infamous heist of ALL TIME. A grand larceny of such magnitude, that it even eclipses the great Auerbach pilferage of 1980 that brought in two future HOF'ers for the corpse of Joe Barry Carrol and established a three championship dynasty. Not so much for the magnitude of what was stolen, which will be very impressive in it's own right, but more for the Chernobyl like devastation that it left behind...turning the richest NBA market and proud franchise into a radioactive NBA wasteland for the better part of decade.

Anyway, good luck this season. I'm expecting big things out of Jeremy Lin and I'm not just talking about his hair! I think if it all comes together and Brook stays healthy you could be looking at 20 wins! It's kinda cool to have another team to root for!

This is a great post, haha.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
Kswiss
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#133 » by Kswiss » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:20 am

The_Hater wrote:
Kswiss wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I'm not sure which Lin you've been watching but both visually and statistically he's a terrible defensive player. Opposing teams pick on him constantly on pick and rolls. He's physically weak and small so just about every opponent physical dominates him.

Offensively he is one of the league leaders in getting to the rim every season. Awesome penetrator, solid inside finisher and decent enough shooter and passer.

Really, he's 6'3" 200+ pounds that's huge for a PG. one of the strongest guys pound for pound in the league. You should check out some game film of Lin, outstanding defender... My only complaint is he occasionally overhelps the post when he doesn't trust the interior defender (looking at Zeller) but this can lead to open threes, thankfully he's cut that out of game mostly. Man-on-man and team defense is phenomenal though. Too much size for PG's and too quick/strong for SG's to overpower resulting in a lot of forced midrange jumpers. Fantastic anticipation for charges and plays the passing lanes well. I will agree his offense could be more consistent. There are games he looks unstoppable and games he looks like just an average starting PG. We'll have to wait and see how Lin/the Nets do this season
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#134 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:47 am

Not the Sixers anymore.

Players out:
Ish Smith
Isaiah Canaan
Christian Wood
Kendal Marshall (likely to be waived)
Carl Landry (likely to be waived)

Players in:
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid (expected to be ready for training camp)
Dario Saric
Jerryd Bayless
Sergio Rodriguez
Timothe Luwawu
Gerald Henderson

They got better. I'd expect them to outpace the Nets and possibly a few others.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,868

Post#135 » by LakersLegacy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:36 am

svart wrote:I think the only thing the Nets will win this season is this poll.

I heard your comment in the NBA Jam announcer voice. Ha Boom shaka-laka!
Dr_CharOh
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#136 » by Dr_CharOh » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:49 am

I have the Nets with the worst record. Their best players are Brook Lopez (who's injury-prone) and Jeremy Lin. Lucky for the Celtics. 2017 has some crazy good talent.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#137 » by Mr. E » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:53 am

TreasureCoast wrote:Replace NY with OKC, Nets without a doubt for worst tho...

That's kind of silly.

Even after losing Durant the Thunder are a stacked team. They have a legitimate "great" player on the roster for the time being. Looking at them over the past few seasons they've shown that they have been able to win without one of their stars playing.

If they trade Westbrook then things may change, but there is no reason to look at that team right now and claim that they are a bottom-5 roster. Even without Durant I still like their sure-thing playoff chances better than the Mavericks, Jazz or my Rockets.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#138 » by Masterfully » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:55 am

ankle420breaker wrote:Not the Sixers anymore.

Players out:
Ish Smith
Isaiah Canaan
Christian Wood
Kendal Marshall (likely to be waived)
Carl Landry (likely to be waived)

Players in:
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid (expected to be ready for training camp)
Dario Saric
Jerryd Bayless
Sergio Rodriguez
Timothe Luwawu
Gerald Henderson

They got better. I'd expect them to outpace the Nets and possibly a few others.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sixers should be improved, but they have a ways to go before they are not the worst. Their new starting backcourt of Bayless and Henderson is better, but they were 2nd/3rd string last year. And Saric/Covington are going to need to chuck, because they have no shooting.

Again, I like the direction Philly is heading now, but they are in pole postion for the Giles/Tatum sweepstakes.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#139 » by Prospect Dong » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:57 am

Edrees wrote:Until I see someone dethrone the 2x defending champs I'm going with 76ers

Actually the Knicks had the worst record two seasons ago, and the bucks the year before. For all the "unprecedented tanking" talk, the sixers have only been a fairly normal kind of terrible, until last season.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#140 » by Prospect Dong » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:13 am

Ignitowsky wrote:
LloydFree wrote:How is this thing 3 pages and the OP isn't called out for putting the Knicks on the list, while leaving off the Heat?

Also the Pelicans?
I haven't found a Vegas site that has the Knicks out of the playoffs. The Pelicans are a bit lower but nowhere near the bottom.

I guess people aren't interested in feeding trolls.

I'm just stunned that the Knicks have basically the same championship odds as the Raptors ( or even the Bulls). I can see them making the playoffs if things break right (though I don't think it's likely), but Championship? Bottom 3 team seems much more realistic, particularly since they can keep their pick, unlike last season.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors

Return to The General Board