Worst team in the NBA

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who is the worst ?

1 .Lakers
10%
2. 76ers
18%
3. Nets
63%
4. Knicks
4%
5. Suns
3%
6. Pelicens
1%
7. Other. Who?
2%

Total votes: 533

Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Re: Worst team in the NBA 

Post#61 » by Ignitowsky » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:21 pm

LloydFree wrote:How is this thing 3 pages and the OP isn't called out for putting the Knicks on the list, while leaving off the Heat?

Also the Pelicans?
I haven't found a Vegas site that has the Knicks out of the playoffs. The Pelicans are a bit lower but nowhere near the bottom.

I guess people aren't interested in feeding trolls.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,082

Post#62 » by MGB8 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:27 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:It doesn't take a lot of imagination to foresee a situation where the Knicks just implode.
Exactly. There are tiers of teams in the nba ranging from legit contenders (2-4 every year usually tier-1) all the way down to cellar dwellers. (Same number 2-4 tier-5)The Knicks are in tier 4 until proven otherwise.

That tier is probably the murkiest, and most prone to wild swings that trend downwards. The Knicks, regardless of how Knick fan feels, are absolutely in that camp. Older players, oft injured players, young players, new coach, e.t.c. it's a volatile mix.

Tier 4, unlike tier 2 (the dark horses, proven playoff teams with questions keeping them out of tier 1) or tier 3 (completely average teams that end up in the 10-6 seeds usually. No wild swings up or down expected but a surprising playoff run can happen if they get hot) are teams with absolute caps on season success. There is no "outside chance" they win a title and they have a much higher chance of cratering into oblivion.

This why the Knicks are on this poll Knick fan. Your unproven, with a volatile mix of assets.

With that said, the Miami Heat(tier 4) should absolutely be on this list as well.

My pick goes to the Nets, tier-5 team.

I'm not a Knicks fan, at all, but I think the post is unfair to the Knicks. Yeah, they could implode and be the worst team in the NBA. But they actually have maybe the highest upside of any non-Cleveland and Golden State team, too.

If Noah returns to 90% of his DMVP form... if Rose returns to 90% of his MVP form... if Courtney Lee has an "on" year... if Melo stays healthy... if Porzingis keeps developing... if the depth (Jennings, J.Holiday, L.Thomas, O'Quinn, Hermangomez, Vujacic, maybe Plumlee) --- I mean, that team would have scoring, defense (including Rose who used to be able to defend PG as well as anyone) shooting... everything that a team would need to really put heat on the Cavs...

But the chances of all that happening are... well, not so good,.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#63 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:31 pm

SashAlex wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:I think it's the Lakers. They are going to be awful. I can't think of a roster that is any worse than theirs. Brooklyn is right there but I think it's the Lakers.

:lol: I think it's actually the Sixers. At least our roster looks more balanced than yours, plus a couple of good veterans and the summer is not finished yet, bud. :noway:

I just don't see it. The Lakers literally have the worst talent and roster in the league. There is no one under 30 besides Russell who has any semblance of any trade value. Deng is good on a team with good players but he's not going to help this team win much.
sonmi-451
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#64 » by sonmi-451 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:39 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:It doesn't take a lot of imagination to foresee a situation where the Knicks just implode.
Exactly. There are tiers of teams in the nba ranging from legit contenders (2-4 every year usually tier-1) all the way down to cellar dwellers. (Same number 2-4 tier-5)The Knicks are in tier 4 until proven otherwise.

That tier is probably the murkiest, and most prone to wild swings that trend downwards. The Knicks, regardless of how Knick fan feels, are absolutely in that camp. Older players, oft injured players, young players, new coach, e.t.c. it's a volatile mix.

Tier 4, unlike tier 2 (the dark horses, proven playoff teams with questions keeping them out of tier 1) or tier 3 (completely average teams that end up in the 10-6 seeds usually. No wild swings up or down expected but a surprising playoff run can happen if they get hot) are teams with absolute caps on season success. There is no "outside chance" they win a title and they have a much higher chance of cratering into oblivion.

This why the Knicks are on this poll Knick fan. Your unproven, with a volatile mix of assets.

With that said, the Miami Heat(tier 4) should absolutely be on this list as well.

Most Knicks fans are reasonable and do not anticipate a chip...but there is a tendency to underrate some of the team's positive aspects. Also, the only argument that I have difficulty reconciling is that age aspect. The team is not filled with a bunch of late thirty somethings.

As for injuries and question marks: didn't the Bulls just sign a player who is oft injured and a point guard who is mercurial at best? Do the Timberwolves, dripping with potential, have a winner's mentality, enough veteran leadership and can they adjust to a new coach? Will the pacers gel on the court with players previously injured and a new coach? Will the hornets still be a playoff team after losing several players?

I'm not flaming these teams because I think they are great squads with amazing fanbases. I just find the whole Knicks could implode theory steeped in a bit of GB bias/myopathy.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#65 » by nymets1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Yes the Hawks could possibly be the worst team in the NBA, I don't think they'll be dead last, but their in the discussion with Kings, Nets, Heat. The Hawks lost Jeff Teague and Al Horford. In comes Dwight Howard which I don't think makes them any better since they lost Teague and Horford. The Hawks have a couple good players at best so they won't win more than 30 games.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,594

Post#66 » by jacoby1us » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Lakers or Nets.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
sonmi-451
Ballboy

Post#67 » by sonmi-451 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:11 pm

MGB8 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:

I'm not a Knicks fan, at all, but I think the post is unfair to the Knicks. Yeah, they could implode and be the worst team in the NBA. But they actually have maybe the highest upside of any non-Cleveland and Golden State team, too.

If Noah returns to 90% of his DMVP form... if Rose returns to 90% of his MVP form... if Courtney Lee has an "on" year... if Melo stays healthy... if Porzingis keeps developing... if the depth (Jennings, J.Holiday, L.Thomas, O'Quinn, Hermangomez, Vujacic, maybe Plumlee) --- I mean, that team would have scoring, defense (including Rose who used to be able to defend PG as well as anyone) shooting... everything that a team would need to really put heat on the Cavs...

Eloquently stated... Definitely a lot of ifs but I actually think this team was constructed thoughtfully with players that can complement one another's skills. I think we, and I'm guilty of it sometimes, try to put teams together like a video game or with youth/potential in mind and forget the value of chemistry and the right type of veteran leadership. The Knicks won 54 games a couple of seasons ago with a similar mentality. Naturally, depth is a HUGE issue.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#68 » by Sixersftw » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Edrees wrote:Until I see someone dethrone the 2x defending champs I'm going with 76ers

We've had the worst record once.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
0to100
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#69 » by 0to100 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:23 pm

nymets1 wrote:Yes the Hawks could possibly be the worst team in the NBA, I don't think they'll be dead last, but their in the discussion with Kings, Nets, Heat. The Hawks lost Jeff Teague and Al Horford. In comes Dwight Howard which I don't think makes them any better since they lost Teague and Horford. The Hawks have a couple good players at best so they won't win more than 30 games.

Well Dennis will start with Dwight and Teague was pretty bad the whole season. So I can´t see us losing 20 more than last year. + we got Prince in the draft and Splitter will be back.
RocketPuff
Ballboy
And1: 29

Post#70 » by RocketPuff » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:26 pm

We know the Knicks & Nets are going to be the two worst teams in the NBA, but which one of the two is the worst is going to be a toss up. Both are going to be a sad, disgusting case.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Re: Worst team in the NBA 

Post#71 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:30 pm

Slava wrote:Nets sadly. Brook Lopez is a bigger man than any of us to still be hanging in there. Any other player of his caliber would have demanded a trade as early as last summer.

Idk...getting paid $20mil per year to live in NYC half of the year, Cali a few months of the year and traveling around the world for the rest of the year seems pretty dope. :lol:
sonmi-451
Ballboy

Post#72 » by sonmi-451 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:43 pm

RocketPuff wrote:We know the Knicks & Nets are going to be the two worst teams in the NBA, but which one of the two is the worst is going to be a toss up. Both are going to be a sad, disgusting case.

These types of posts are as ubitiquous as knick fans with unrealistic expectations.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#73 » by LloydFree » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:43 pm

The Lakers won (what) 17 games last year and replaced Kobe Bryant and Roy Hibbert with Mozgov and the corpse of Luol Deng.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#74 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:23 pm

improper wrote:
KidPistol wrote:I also will go with the Nets. They literally screwed their entire future for the next few years attempting to buy their team. Hell is almost worked too but when you have a team with PRIME TANK LEBRON and PRIME FLASH, you can't just simply BUY your team. You have to put together a team that will take them out.

When did it almost work? Even when those trades happened they were laughably godawful for the Nets. They sacrificed their future for, at most, one or two years of being a top five team in the East.

well the Nets swept the Heat in the regular season, so there was optimism there. But they got smoked (I believe in 5) in the playoffs, largely in part to Deron Williams being a gigantic pussy... NOT because of Pierce or KG.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,096

Post#75 » by Edrees » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:23 pm

LloydFree wrote:The Lakers won (what) 17 games last year and replaced Kobe Bryant and Roy Hibbert with Mozgov and the corpse of Luol Deng.

So Deng is a corpse after 12 seasons but Kobe wasn't after 18 seasons and coming off 2 major surgeries?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#76 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:25 pm

MGB8 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:

I agree with the last sentiment you said... there's just too many "Ifs" there though for them.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#77 » by Ignitowsky » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:27 pm

RocketPuff wrote:We know the Knicks & Nets are going to be the two worst teams in the NBA, but which one of the two is the worst is going to be a toss up. Both are going to be a sad, disgusting case.

Please explain your reasoning.

And I'm guessing you're using the royal "we" as you speak only for yourself.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,454

Post#78 » by Ball4life32 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:03 pm

nymets1 wrote:Yes the Hawks could possibly be the worst team in the NBA, I don't think they'll be dead last, but their in the discussion with Kings, Nets, Heat. The Hawks lost Jeff Teague and Al Horford. In comes Dwight Howard which I don't think makes them any better since they lost Teague and Horford. The Hawks have a couple good players at best so they won't win more than 30 games.

Wow I really hope you're joking. Schroder-Korver-Bazemore-Millsap-Howard starting lineup with Bud coaching and the Hawks are no where close to the worst team in the NBA. Hawks win 45+ barring injuries.
Kswiss
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#79 » by Kswiss » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 pm

LloydFree wrote:The Lakers won (what) 17 games last year and replaced Kobe Bryant and Roy Hibbert with Mozgov and the corpse of Luol Deng.

The Lakers have little to no NBA talent on that roster. The corpse of Deng is still an improvement over Kobe, but Mozgov was awful this last year. Ingram will not be a quality NBA player at his weight. I think Walton is a good coach however so while they will be bad I have The Suns worse. Also not sure why Nets are in poll(?):
30. Suns
29. Lakers
28. Knicks
27. 76ers
26. Hawks
25. Kings
24. Mavs
23. Nuggets
22. Hornets
21.Wizards
20. Bucks
19. Chicago