Worst team in the NBA

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who is the worst ?

1 .Lakers
10%
2. 76ers
18%
3. Nets
63%
4. Knicks
4%
5. Suns
3%
6. Pelicens
1%
7. Other. Who?
2%

Total votes: 533

nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Re: Worst team in the NBA 

Post#81 » by nymets1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:02 pm

Atlhawks09 wrote:
nymets1 wrote:Yes the Hawks could possibly be the worst team in the NBA, I don't think they'll be dead last, but their in the discussion with Kings, Nets, Heat. The Hawks lost Jeff Teague and Al Horford. In comes Dwight Howard which I don't think makes them any better since they lost Teague and Horford. The Hawks have a couple good players at best so they won't win more than 30 games.

Wow I really hope you're joking. Schroder-Korver-Bazemore-Millsap-Howard starting lineup with Bud coaching and the Hawks are no where close to the worst team in the NBA. Hawks win 45+ barring injuries.

Of course you'll disagree with me, Your a hawks fan, Your a homer and supposed to think the world of your team. Schroder sucks and I think Horford is better than Dwight.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
MCoster
Junior
And1: 383

Post#82 » by MCoster » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:16 pm

Kswiss wrote:The Lakers have little to no NBA talent on that roster. The corpse of Deng is still an improvement over Kobe, but Mozgov was awful this last year. Ingram will not be a quality NBA player at his weight. I think Walton is a good coach however so while they will be bad I have The Suns worse. Also not sure why Nets are in poll(?):
30. Suns
29. Lakers
28. Knicks
27. 76ers
26. Hawks
25. Kings
24. Mavs
23. Nuggets
22. Hornets
21.Wizards
20. Bucks
19. Chicago
18. Magic
17. Heat
16. Pelicans
15. Timberwolves
14. Nets
13. Rockets
12. Pistons
11. Jazz
10. Grizzlies
09. OKC
08. Clippers
07. Pacers
06. Portland
05. Raptors
04. Celtics
03. Cleveland
02. Spurs
01. Warriors

Poor guy. This is gonna be a long season for you.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,481

Post#83 » by zeebneeb » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:30 pm

MCoster wrote:
Kswiss wrote:The Lakers have little to no NBA talent on that roster. The corpse of Deng is still an improvement over Kobe, but Mozgov was awful this last year. Ingram will not be a quality NBA player at his weight. I think Walton is a good coach however so while they will be bad I have The Suns worse. Also not sure why Nets are in poll(?):
30. Suns
29. Lakers
28. Knicks
27. 76ers
26. Hawks
25. Kings
24. Mavs
23. Nuggets
22. Hornets
21.Wizards
20. Bucks
19. Chicago
18. Magic
17. Heat
16. Pelicans
15. Timberwolves
14. Nets
13. Rockets
12. Pistons
11. Jazz
10. Grizzlies
09. OKC
08. Clippers
07. Pacers
06. Portland
05. Raptors
04. Celtics
03. Cleveland
02. Spurs
01. Warriors

Yeah it is for sure. The Nets were 28th last year and somehow they are going to be 14th?

I mean there's hope, and then there's denial.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,454

Post#84 » by Ball4life32 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:41 pm

nymets1 wrote:
Atlhawks09 wrote:
nymets1 wrote:Yes the Hawks could possibly be the worst team in the NBA, I don't think they'll be dead last, but their in the discussion with Kings, Nets, Heat. The Hawks lost Jeff Teague and Al Horford. In comes Dwight Howard which I don't think makes them any better since they lost Teague and Horford. The Hawks have a couple good players at best so they won't win more than 30 games.

Wow I really hope you're joking. Schroder-Korver-Bazemore-Millsap-Howard starting lineup with Bud coaching and the Hawks are no where close to the worst team in the NBA. Hawks win 45+ barring injuries.

Of course you'll disagree with me, Your a hawks fan, Your a homer and supposed to think the world of your team. Schroder sucks and I think Horford is better than Dwight.

Ha I guess we'll see. Schroder 19.5ppg/8apg/4.5rpg per 36 last year. Hawks have made the playoffs 9 straight years and every year multiple people think they fall out of the playoffs and it never happens. Hawks will finish with more wins than the Knicks.
Chuck Everett
General Manager
And1: 9,446

Post#85 » by Chuck Everett » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Bottom five:

1. Brooklyn. Add: If they win more than 19 games, seriously, it will be a miracle. This roster is pathetic.
2. New Orleans Add: Just got a bad feeling about them. Don't like the roster composition. Hield isn't an impact player.
3. Philadelphia Add: Talent improvement, but wins will still be hard to come by.
4. LA Lakers Add: They could legit be the worst team in the West again. Their young players aren't proven vis a vis winning.
5. Phoenix Add: A development year for the most part. Do have legit NBA talent though.
Honorable mention:
6. Sacramento Add: Just because, but their coach is good and has won on every level. If he makes them really competitive, it won't be a surprise.
7. Orlando Add: I love Fournier, but can he REALLY be the leading scorer of a good NBA team? I just have to see it to believe it.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#86 » by nymets1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:49 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Bottom five:

1. Brooklyn. Add: If they win more than 19 games, seriously, it will be a miracle. This roster is pathetic.
2. New Orleans Add: Just got a bad feeling about them. Don't like the roster composition. Hield isn't an impact player.
3. Philadelphia Add: Talent improvement, but wins will still be hard to come by.
4. LA Lakers Add: They could legit be the worst team in the West again. Their young players aren't proven vis a vis winning.
5. Phoenix Add: A development year for the most part. Do have legit NBA talent though.
Honorable mention:
6. Sacramento Add: Just because, but their coach is good and has won on every level. If he makes them really competitive, it won't be a surprise.
7. Orlando Add: I love Fournier, but can he REALLY be the leading scorer of a good NBA team? I just have to see it to believe it.

Orlando is making the playoffs
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Chuck Everett
General Manager
And1: 9,446

Post#87 » by Chuck Everett » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:52 pm

nymets1 wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Bottom five:

Honorable mention:

Orlando is making the playoffs

Yeah, I just disagree. Orlando might be second to the Nets in most games scoring under 90 points next year. Where are the points going to come from?
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#88 » by Net Sentence » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:07 am

patman52 wrote:Billy King should be arrested if he ever enters NY in the future. The worse possible result of the trade for the Net fans happened. The only good thing was it got him fired.

The Nba had to put up with the sixers for three years and now this.

Not really, Ainge has blown every pick we have gave you. This years was the best, passing on Kris Dunn was beyond stupid.
RussellandFlow
Bench Warmer
And1: 917
Location: San Francisco born & raised, Pacific Northwest living

Post#89 » by RussellandFlow » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:13 am

Anyone who has the Hawks as one of the worst teams in the league should have their head examined. Atlanta still has their best player: Milsap and the drop off between Horford/Howard and Teague/Schroder is not significant enough to make them one of the worst teams. They have a good enough coach and system in place to win 45 or so games, not to mention they have two solid rookies who will contribute.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#90 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:36 am

Atlhawks09 wrote:
nymets1 wrote:
Atlhawks09 wrote:Wow I really hope you're joking. Schroder-Korver-Bazemore-Millsap-Howard starting lineup with Bud coaching and the Hawks are no where close to the worst team in the NBA. Hawks win 45+ barring injuries.

Ha I guess we'll see. Schroder 19.5ppg/8apg/4.5rpg per 36 last year. Hawks have made the playoffs 9 straight years and every year multiple people think they fall out of the playoffs and it never happens. Hawks will finish with more wins than the Knicks.

Probably but ignore these dudes, the Hawks are gonna be good. It's ignored that just a season before this the Rockets went to the WCF. Howard is a good player, people just wanna hate. Is he the guy from Orlando, no. Does he suck? Well last year he sucked posting a double double on 60% with 8.3 attempts. Apparently he's the problem.......on 8.3 attempts.

I think being on the Hawks will help him. They move the ball between EVERYBODY, not one player and he's home. Again, don't expect Orlando numbers but he's a good player.

I just hope the Knicks can have some success as well
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 16,945

Post#91 » by MrBigShot » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:02 am

nymets1 wrote:
Atlhawks09 wrote:

Dude, it's not like he claimed the Hawks are gonna win a championship. The worst team in the NBA won 10 games this season, you really think the Hawks will win ~10-20 games? That's silly.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,557

Post#92 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 am

zeebneeb wrote:
MCoster wrote:
30. Suns
29. Lakers
28. Knicks
27. 76ers
26. Hawks
25. Kings
24. Mavs
23. Nuggets
22. Hornets
21.Wizards
20. Bucks
19. Chicago
18. Magic
17. Heat
16. Pelicans
15. Timberwolves
14. Nets
13. Rockets
12. Pistons
11. Jazz
10. Grizzlies
09. OKC
08. Clippers
07. Pacers
06. Portland
05. Raptors
04. Celtics
03. Cleveland
02. Spurs
01. Warriors

Yeah it is for sure. The Nets were 28th last year and somehow they are going to be 14th?

I mean there's hope, and then there's denial.
I reckon he's one of the "new" Nets fans following the Jeremy Lin signing.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#93 » by LloydFree » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:22 am

Net Sentence wrote:
patman52 wrote:Billy King should be arrested if he ever enters NY in the future. The worse possible result of the trade for the Net fans happened. The only good thing was it got him fired.

The Nba had to put up with the sixers for three years and now this.

Not really, Ainge has blown every pick we have gave you. This years was the best, passing on Kris Dunn was beyond stupid.

While I'll agree that Ainge was beyond stupid for passing up Dunn and wasting that #3 pick, that doesn't change the fact that the Nets made the boneheaded trade of the century. Everybody who signed off on that deal should never have a job in the NBA again.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#94 » by jonjames » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:53 am

On paper Nets have by far the least amount of talent in the entire league but I have a feeling they will do better than expected due to chemistry and young hungry players playing with chip on shoulders.

I think it will be sixers again.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,386

Post#95 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:01 am

Soon to be...the Thunder :biggrin:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,093

Post#96 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:29 am

I think it's Brooklyn, and the fact that Boston owns another 2 of their first rounders is absolutely hilarious/mind-boggling/sad all at the same time.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#97 » by GopherIt! » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:51 am

MGB8 wrote:
Fantaxp7 wrote:Curious as to why people think the Sixers will be worse than the Nets? Sixers at least have some talented and promising players....The Nets just signed Anthony Bennett to a two year deal...

Nets, sadly, probably still have more proven NBA players at this point. Compare projected depth charts:

Nets:
pg: Lin, Vasquez, Whitehead
sg: Bogdanovic, Foye, Killpatric
sf: Hollis-Jefferson, Lavert
pf: Booker, Scola, Bennett
cc: B.Lopez, Hamilton

Sixers:
pg: Bayless, Rodriguez, McConnell
sg: Henderson, H.Thompson, Stauskas
sf: Simmons, Covington, Luwawu?
pf: Saric? Grant, Landry, Holmes?
cc: Okafor, Noel, Embiid (note - not necessarily in that order for center - really up in the air)

A lot of talent, but even more questions, in the Sixers front court. Nets have more proven NBA level talent in Brook, Bogdanovic, Lin, even Booker & Scola (though neither are really starter quality - but unless Saric is - or you have Simmons defending 4's...)

They will still stink but I like this Nets roster better than last years team. Lin, Scola and Booker were nice signings.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,141

Post#98 » by marcush » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:13 am

I think it's the Sixers or the Lakers. Young teams just don't usually win much.
toussaud
Junior
And1: 238

Post#99 » by toussaud » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:01 am

The pels are the annual Anthony Davis injury away from being horrific they have literally nothing else
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#100 » by SashAlex » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:04 am

Kswiss wrote:
LloydFree wrote:The Lakers won (what) 17 games last year and replaced Kobe Bryant and Roy Hibbert with Mozgov and the corpse of Luol Deng.

The Lakers have little to no NBA talent on that roster. The corpse of Deng is still an improvement over Kobe, but Mozgov was awful this last year. Ingram will not be a quality NBA player at his weight. I think Walton is a good coach however so while they will be bad I have The Suns worse.

There is no logic in your argument. You say the Lakers have little to no NBA talent yet you put a very talented Phoenix team lower.

If you think guys like DAR, Nance, Clarkson, Randle, Ingram, Zubac aren't talents(not a lot of experience here), but still in a couple of years this core has some potential to be very good. Might as well said the Lakers will have the worst record next season, but to say there is no talent is pure bullcake.

Return to The General Board