What's Lebron doing?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Re: What's Lebron doing? 

Post#81 » by RingsDontLie » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:43 pm

He's gonna play baseball then come back and win three rings.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,093

Post#82 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:15 pm

He is getting J.R. paid, he is adding whatever other Minimum-contract talent he can, and then he will get PAIDDDD big time himself. It's really obvious.
kvash37
Pro Prospect
And1: 367

Post#83 » by kvash37 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:54 am

Jody Smokz wrote:And you do?

kvash37 wrote:
Jody Smokz wrote:I find this idea about Lebron being immature to be quite stupid. He's a business man. The one that is immature is Dan Gilbert. Don't see how anyone can feel bad for him doing wtf he wants with the Cavs after what Gilbert put in that letter.

Lebron is a business man? :lol: That guy would have no idea how to run a business. He wouldn't show up for work for a week if things didn't go his way.

yup.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#84 » by SpinninHouse » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:06 am

Signing with Chicago in hopes of beating out McDermott for the starting SF spot.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,078

Post#85 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:55 am

Lebron is waiting for the Republican National Convention to finish so he knows whether or not he needs to leave or not

I ship Lebron-Raptors 2016
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#86 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:00 am

Enjoying his vacation... He has earned it. Nothing special.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Re: Re: What's Lebron doing? 

Post#87 » by Clay Davis » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:32 am

KuruptedCav wrote:Enjoying his vacation... He has earned it. Nothing special.

This
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Loneshot
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,000

Post#88 » by Loneshot » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:36 am

:o
Dominater wrote:He's still weighing the option of signing with the Sixers

That would be kinda dope if LeBron traveled the league, joining the most garbage teams to see how far he could take them in a year.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,522

Post#89 » by jpengland » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:06 am

Birdie wrote:
jpengland wrote:
improper wrote:
Why? He's said numerous times he's staying with the Cavs and his agent has quietly told other teams not to bother inquiring about his free agency. He'll be a Cavalier next year. There's zero chance he's going anywhere else.

This isnt about him actually being a threat to leave.

It's about him using that small possibility to assert power and authority over a franchise. Sign my buddies and fire coaches I dont like or I'll leave.

I don't care how good he is, or what success he brings. No player should hold that power over a franchise. And I don't know why he feels the need to flex his muscles in such a way.

Play hard, let your coach and GM do their job and let your game do the talking.

Honestly, it's douchey behaviour.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

And you know this how? Are you on the inside of the organization? Or you're only taking the "analysis" of the Dave McMenamin's, Brian Windbags and Chris Broutards shoddy reporting?

And so what if he has that kind of power? The team has been to the Finals back to back years, winning it's FIRST chip after being one of the worst teams the previous 4 years AND had the #1 pick 3 of those years with only 1 blossoming into a true superstar so far.

I'd say the team is doing ok if LBJ is pulling "some" or all the strings. But I guess there are some on this board that have to read soooooooo much into a non-matter that any little thing is enough to throw shade at LBJ. He's doomed no matter what he does.

Maybe LBJ just wants to decompress in LA and not think about bball for the next 2 weeks, 2 months. Or he wants JR signed before he signs back up? Or they're trying to workout a longterm deal under the CBA and use every trick in the book to maximize it best for player/team. Does it matter if he signs on 7/16/16 or 9/4/16? Does anything change?

This is my opinion based on years of such moves by LeBron going all the way back to the decision.

He abuses his position.

As for this being a non-matter or wanting to 'decompress' - you know the easiest way to do that, day 1 of Free Agency, sign your deal. Then go and decompress without a care in the world. And yes something does change if he does that - he shows commitment and doesnt hold the team to ransom. Any fool can see he's trying to leverage contracts for his boys.

Sign your contract, 'decompress' and let the GM do his job. LeBrons job is to give 100% on the court and help his team win games.
jswede
Sixth Man
And1: 1,840

Post#90 » by jswede » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:20 am

jpengland wrote:
Birdie wrote:
jpengland wrote:This isnt about him actually being a threat to leave.

It's about him using that small possibility to assert power and authority over a franchise. Sign my buddies and fire coaches I dont like or I'll leave.

I don't care how good he is, or what success he brings. No player should hold that power over a franchise. And I don't know why he feels the need to flex his muscles in such a way.

Play hard, let your coach and GM do their job and let your game do the talking.

Honestly, it's douchey behaviour.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

And you know this how? Are you on the inside of the organization? Or you're only taking the "analysis" of the Dave McMenamin's, Brian Windbags and Chris Broutards shoddy reporting?

And so what if he has that kind of power? The team has been to the Finals back to back years, winning it's FIRST chip after being one of the worst teams the previous 4 years AND had the #1 pick 3 of those years with only 1 blossoming into a true superstar so far.

I'd say the team is doing ok if LBJ is pulling "some" or all the strings. But I guess there are some on this board that have to read soooooooo much into a non-matter that any little thing is enough to throw shade at LBJ. He's doomed no matter what he does.

Maybe LBJ just wants to decompress in LA and not think about bball for the next 2 weeks, 2 months. Or he wants JR signed before he signs back up? Or they're trying to workout a longterm deal under the CBA and use every trick in the book to maximize it best for player/team. Does it matter if he signs on 7/16/16 or 9/4/16? Does anything change?

This is my opinion based on years of such moves by LeBron going all the way back to the decision.

He abuses his position.

As for this being a non-matter or wanting to 'decompress' - you know the easiest way to do that, day 1 of Free Agency, sign your deal. Then go and decompress without a care in the world. And yes something does change if he does that - he shows commitment and doesnt hold the team to ransom. Any fool can see he's trying to leverage contracts for his boys.

Sign your contract, 'decompress' and let the GM do his job. LeBrons job is to give 100% on the court and help his team win games.

I think he's NOT signing his contract in order to let his GM do his job. My thought is Griffin knows he has flex into LBJ's salary if he absolutely needs it, and therefore JR will be signed (matched, if needed) first.

Regarding the hate, he said 2 days after the finals, only once and very publicly, that he WILL sign, and not a word since. The idea that he's trying to draw attention by not saying anything is absurd. Quite predictable that spin though...
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#91 » by improper » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:24 pm

jpengland wrote:This is my opinion based on years of such moves by LeBron going all the way back to the decision.

He abuses his position.

I mean, LeBron has already said several times that he is going to re-sign. His Heat friend Chris Anderson just signed with the Cavs, and he wouldn't have done so without some sort of guarantee from LeBron that he'd be there. The same goes for Richard Jefferson coming back. It's no secret that LeBron will be with the Cavs next year. I don't really see why it's a big deal that he sign immediately when everyone knows it's going to happen. He can walk into the Cavs' offices the day before training camp and sign his contract then. We all know he's going to do another 1+1 deal, possibly with the intent to cash out on a full deal next summer once the cap is at is projected apex and the Cavs have his full bird rights.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#92 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 am

Is it possible that he is trying to figure out a way to work out an add of an additional star.....? Or a trade with Love to Thunder for Westbrook? I think he knows he doesn't have much chance against Warriors in a finals unless he upgrades....

Crazy thought...but is it possible he helps orchestrate bringing Westbrook in IF he takes a tiny contract???
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,158

Post#93 » by The High Cyde » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:04 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Is it possible that he is trying to figure out a way to work out an add of an additional star.....? Or a trade with Love to Thunder for Westbrook? I think he knows he doesn't have much chance against Warriors in a finals unless he upgrades....

Crazy thought...but is it possible he helps orchestrate bringing Westbrook in IF he takes a tiny contract???

:-? That makes absolutely no sense for both parties
Tai
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,240

Post#94 » by Tai » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Is it possible that he is trying to figure out a way to work out an add of an additional star.....? Or a trade with Love to Thunder for Westbrook? I think he knows he doesn't have much chance against Warriors in a finals unless he upgrades....

I thought we learned with the Wade rumors that Lebron wasn't taking a pay cut.
smartyz456 wrote:oh i am a laker fan for life

i'm just gonna be a warrior fan until lebron leaves the lakers

true laker fans don't root for lebron

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1728641

Return to The General Board