Top 5 prospects 23 and under

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,213

Re: Top 5 prospects 23 and under 

Post#21 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:54 am

MPLSwolves wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
MPLSwolves wrote:Yeah, I would love to revise my top-5 to include Wiggins..

Think he is one of the most underrated players on realgm..

Plus, you go to the Celtics forum and everyone on there thinks Jaylen Brown will develop to be an All-Star level SF. Meanwhile, Wiggins was better than Brown at this point in there careers, and there is no reason to believe Wiggins will not continue to develop to be a top player in this league... How you can not include Wiggins in at least the top 6 of this list is baffling (i realize this is a top 5 list, but Wiggins should make half of these lists from us posters in this thread).

I agree Wiggins is really good. The dude look great the 2nd half of last year. I also think he is much better than Brown when Wiggins was a rookie. I just think Parker is better and I think Drummond is better as well. I would put Wiggins 6th or 7th

that's fair.. I also forgot Drummond when considering this list...

So many good, young big men right now.. Drummond, Towns, Jokic, Okafor, etc.

I think these guys will revere the small ball movement 2-3 years down the line

Agreed. Jokic and Okafor are super skilled big men. While Towns is just skilled in everything and Cousins is just a scoring machine. I dont toss Drummond with those guys because hes been like the bigs we have seen over the past few years, athletic freak and rebounding machine with great defensive potential, but leaves something to be desired skill wise offensively
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#22 » by saintEscaton » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:55 am

Any list without Jokic is suspect IMO, he is definitely better than Simmons right now as a soph and may have just as much upside
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#23 » by The_Hater » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:56 am

Little Digger wrote:I'm a big Wiggins and Towns fan..I caught them a lot on league pass last season..

This Wiggins kid IMO is one of the most underrated players out there..He's clutch and basically unstopable when he's focused (which I expect even more of this season)

Wiggins shot 30% from the arc and 34% from 16-24 feet last season. 31% and 30% the prior season.(His passing and defense were non-existent but that's a different debate)

I guess your theory that players need to be able to shoot to be impactful only applies to those whom you don't like?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
TheSunGod
Junior
And1: 117

Post#24 » by TheSunGod » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:56 am

1. KAT
2. Giannis
3. Porzingis
4. Drummond
5. Wiggins/Booker
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:58 am

saintEscaton wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
MPLSwolves wrote:Yeah, I would love to revise my top-5 to include Wiggins..

Think he is one of the most underrated players on realgm..

Plus, you go to the Celtics forum and everyone on there thinks Jaylen Brown will develop to be an All-Star level SF. Meanwhile, Wiggins was better than Brown at this point in there careers, and there is no reason to believe Wiggins will not continue to develop to be a top player in this league... How you can not include Wiggins in at least the top 6 of this list is baffling (i realize this is a top 5 list, but Wiggins should make half of these lists from us posters in this thread).

I agree Wiggins is really good. The dude look great the 2nd half of last year. I also think he is much better than Brown when Wiggins was a rookie. I just think Parker is better and I think Drummond is better as well. I would put Wiggins 6th or 7th

I'm still a Wiggins doubter kinda, KAT should definitely have the offense run through him and allow Wiggins to focus more on the otherend. But Thibs has a chance to turn him into a true two-way wing and prevent from becoming a more dynamic DeRozan/Gay. Also Wiggins like Brown also underachieved as a freshman (although not as dramatically), of course he is the superior prospect but lets wait and see before judging Brown based off a few SL games

Wiggins really won me over the 2nd half of last year. Him and Parker really showed their potential post all star break but I think they both went kinda overlooked because of the rookie class and what GS was doing. Parker 19 and 6 on 50% shooting and a 55TS%, also started to shoot some 3s. And Wiggins went for 20 a game while shooting over 41% from 3 and a 58 TS%. Those two really showed something, hoping they both continue it this year
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:00 am

saintEscaton wrote:Any list without Jokic is suspect IMO, he is definitely better than Simmons right now as a soph and may have just as much upside

I agree he was one of those guys I wanted to put on my top 5 but couldnt because I just liked Drummonds long term potential more. But half way through this year I will probably look back and think damn I was dumb not to put him on the top 5 haha
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#27 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:07 am

1. Towns
2. Antetokounmpo
3. Jokic
4. Porzingis
5. Booker
Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Post#28 » by Hindenburg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:08 am

Andre Drummond is 22
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#29 » by Little Digger » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:09 am

of the young players ive seen..ill go

1. Porzingas (has it all in terms of talent..especially love his killer competitiveness and bball IQ)..but I seriously doubt he can stay healthy..How many 7'3 or over players ever do?
2. Towns
3. Wiggins
4. Simmons
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#30 » by PKABOOICU » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:11 am

IMO Towns and Giannis aren't prospects anymore. Okafor will be a legit 1st or 2nd opition. That said,

1. Porzingis
2. Simmons
3. Ingram
4. Russell
5. Mudiay
King Close
Pro Prospect
And1: 747

Post#31 » by King Close » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:17 am

KAT
AG

Everyone else
markjay
Starter
And1: 1,608

Post#32 » by markjay » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:25 am

KAT
AG
Simmons
Ingram
Russell
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 16,945

Post#33 » by MrBigShot » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:35 am

Towns, Porzingis, Wiggins, Giannis, Drummond in no particular order. I don't want to include rookies at the moment because none of them have played a minute in the NBA. We'll get a better idea of the type of prospect they are after this season.

Devin Booker was a guy some people saw as Jodie Meeks 2.0 pre-draft. A year's worth of NBA basketball and he's now recognized as a very good prospect.

GOTEMCOACH wrote:IMO Towns and Giannis aren't prospects anymore. Okafor will be a legit 1st or 2nd opition. That said,

1. Porzingis
2. Simmons
3. Ingram
4. Russell
5. Mudiay

How is Towns not a prospect but Mudiay, Russell and Porzingis (all 2nd year players) are? Towns is definitely a prospect, and he's got lots of room for improvement from his rookie year.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,302

Post#34 » by HoopsterJones » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:49 am

1. KAT
2. Anthony Davis (23)
3. Giannis
4. Porzingis
5. Jokic
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
ClubLakers KB8
Starter
And1: 585

Post#35 » by ClubLakers KB8 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:17 am

I was gonna say, where's Anthony Davis?
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#36 » by saintEscaton » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:18 am

MrBigShot wrote:Towns, Porzingis, Wiggins, Giannis, Drummond in no particular order. I don't want to include rookies at the moment because none of them have played a minute in the NBA. We'll get a better idea of the type of prospect they are after this season.

Devin Booker was a guy some people saw as Jodie Meeks 2.0 pre-draft. A year's worth of NBA basketball and he's now recognized as a very good prospect.

GOTEMCOACH wrote:IMO Towns and Giannis aren't prospects anymore. Okafor will be a legit 1st or 2nd opition. That said,

1. Porzingis
2. Simmons
3. Ingram
4. Russell
5. Mudiay

How is Towns not a prospect but Mudiay, Russell and Porzingis (all 2nd year players) are? Towns is definitely a prospect, and he's got lots of room for improvement from his rookie year.

Yeah jury is still out on Booker, he's a late lotto pick who outperformed expectations , now I think he's a case of an underrated prospect becoming overrated. He doesn't really have a case to crack the list IMO , I know I'll take some flack from other Suns fans for saying this
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,667

Post#37 » by Prez » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:19 am

KAT
AD
Giannis
Porzingis
Simmons
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#38 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:19 am

ClubLakers KB8 wrote:I was gonna say, where's Anthony Davis?

In my first post I said players that are 23 and wont turn 24 this basketball year. AD turns 24 during this season
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#39 » by PKABOOICU » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:23 am

MrBigShot wrote:Towns, Porzingis, Wiggins, Giannis, Drummond in no particular order. I don't want to include rookies at the moment because none of them have played a minute in the NBA. We'll get a better idea of the type of prospect they are after this season.

thats what a 'prospect' is. Prospect=Undeveloped Potential

1. Porzingis
2. Simmons
3. Ingram
4. Russell
5. Mudiay

Towns is not a prospect because the guy already averaged almost 18/10/2 in his rookie season. Thats not what prospects do. Thats a young, bonafide leader.
Russell and Mudiay are still prospects because they haven't reached their expectations for that given year. Youth does not automatically mean prospect. Potential does. You can't say Tim Duncan was a prospect in his 2nd year averaging 22/11/2/2/1 with a championship just because he was 22 years old. He was a star and leader by his 2nd year in the league.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Re: Re: Top 5 prospects 23 and under 

Post#40 » by SactoKingsFan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:29 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
MPLSwolves wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
I know im in the minority with Giannis over Kat. And I think a lot of people think Jabari and Wiggins is kinda a coin flip right now. I was wrong with the Okafor in there I forgot about Drummond. And just because a 6er fan likes Lavine better than Okafor doesnt mean that is the consensus

Think that's more of an indictment on Okafor than it is euphoric praise for LaVine..

I get that. I just think Okafor is even a better offensive Cousins. Okafor's offensive numbers crush Cousins numbers up until his 4th year. Cousins is the better rebounder but thats about it. I think Okafor is highly underrated on here. But again thats just my personal opinion. And Ive been wrong a lot. I thought Terrance Ross was a steal as the 8th pick and thought he was easily the 2nd best player in his draft. I have been pretty wrong about that one haha

The biggest difference between Cousins and Okafor will continue to be on defense. Cousins is one of the better defensive bigs. Okafor is a defensive liability and may never be very good on that end.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board