Report: OKC wants to extend Russell Westbrook, sign Blake Griffin in 2017

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,485

Re: Report: OKC wants to extend Russell Westbrook, sign Blake Griffin in 2017 

Post#3 » by Bergmaniac » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Breaking news - an NBA team wants to keep its big star and would love to sign another big star. Stop the presses.
The Hypnotoad
Rookie
And1: 406

Post#4 » by The Hypnotoad » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:06 pm

Magic Johnson must had floated this.
joeyAdaMan
Analyst
And1: 2,145

Post#5 » by joeyAdaMan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:08 pm

wowee....breaking news....team wants to keep talent and sign more talent....holy cow
Volcano wrote:Kobe must the best at everything. He's faster than Westbrook and stronger than Dwight. He's taller than Yao Ming and shorter than Earl Boykins. Nothing you say is going to change their minds.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,818

Post#6 » by Shock Defeat » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Multiple sauces?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#7 » by bondom34 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Yeah this isn't happening. I'd be thrilled, but its not happening.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Birdie
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#8 » by Birdie » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:19 pm

We may laugh at this but Presti might just be able to dupe GM Doc into taking

Kanter/Singler + 2-3 1st rd for Blake... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In any form of reality, the only construct of a package that Clips should even entertain is centered around;

Kanter; Payne and Dipo.

Get some 1st's, shop DJ to BOS for that BK pick in 2017 or 2018, let CP3 walk and completely reboot with youth and young studs on ridiculously bargain contracts outside of Kanter. Get Clips out of cap hell where they can actually build a better balanced roster where they actually have bench players instead of running a 7man rotation all season. Win/win for everyone. But this doesn't happen unless RW fully commits on re-signing, so, could all be moot.
Come at the king, you best not miss...
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,230

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Birdie wrote:We may laugh at this but Presti might just be able to dupe GM Doc into taking

Kanter/Singler + 2-3 1st rd for Blake... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In any form of reality, the only construct of a package that Clips should even entertain is centered around;

Kanter; Payne and Dipo.

Get some 1st's, shop DJ to BOS for that BK pick in 2017 or 2018, let CP3 walk and completely reboot with youth and young studs on ridiculously bargain contracts outside of Kanter. Get Clips out of cap hell where they can actually build a better balanced roster where they actually have bench players instead of running a 7man rotation all season. Win/win for everyone. But this doesn't happen unless RW fully commits on re-signing, so, could all be moot.

Uh the plan is obviously to sign Blake in free agency next summer.

But glad you got your cheap shot in on Doc I guess....
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,376

Post#10 » by WestbrookGOATed » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Well i usually blow rumors off but it is from Woj and it's interesting to think about. Blake is from Oklahoma City and that would be the most athletic trio in basketball. Westbrook, Griffin and Oladipo.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,630

Post#11 » by Skin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:23 pm

They should try to sign Steph Curry.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,681

Post#12 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:24 pm

This is the kernel of hope post-KD departure for fans. Agree with bondom, I'm not holding my breath.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,288

Post#13 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Best2EverDoIt wrote:Well i usually blow rumors off but it is from Woj and it's interesting to think about. Blake is from Oklahoma City and that would be the most athletic trio in basketball. Westbrook, Griffin and Oladipo.

Many guys don't actually want to play at home and Blake seems to like it in la. I'm quite concerned about his quad injury. Seems chronic. Hopefully he is fully healthy this season
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#14 » by MC3 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Good luck. lol
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#15 » by Little Digger » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:39 pm

Going from CP to Westbrook ? Naa Griffin's not stupid.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#16 » by bondom34 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:41 pm

Little Digger wrote:Going from CP to Westbrook ? Naa Griffin's not stupid.

You're right, he'd never go to play with a better player. Too much like the guy that just left :wink:.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#17 » by Rafael122 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:44 pm

Not the worse idea, Paul is what...31? Best years are behind him, so Griffin would be stuck on the Clippers on the downswing of Paul's career.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,376

Post#18 » by WestbrookGOATed » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
Best2EverDoIt wrote:Well i usually blow rumors off but it is from Woj and it's interesting to think about. Blake is from Oklahoma City and that would be the most athletic trio in basketball. Westbrook, Griffin and Oladipo.

Many guys don't actually want to play at home and Blake seems to like it in la. I'm quite concerned about his quad injury. Seems chronic. Hopefully he is fully healthy this season

Strange considering everyone just assumes Russ wants to play for the Lakers since he's from LA. One would assume that would apply to Griffin too. I think thats stupid and he likely stays with the Clips but going to OKC has to be a possibility for Blake since Westbrook is already basically a Laker according to most everyone.
nrockwaychicago
Pro Prospect
And1: 719

Post#19 » by nrockwaychicago » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:57 pm

unless oladipo becomes a player i don't think he's capable of being, adding griffin wouldn't make them as good as they were with durant.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,220

Post#20 » by monopoman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Best2EverDoIt wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

Strange considering everyone just assumes Russ wants to play for the Lakers since he's from LA. One would assume that would apply to Griffin too. I think thats stupid and he likely stays with the Clips but going to OKC has to be a possibility for Blake since Westbrook is already basically a Laker according to most everyone.

Well we also heard all the rumors a year or so back, that KD was heavily considering signing with the Wizards so he could go back home in this off-season.

In fact the only all-star to go back home before the player became a shell of his former self recently was Aldridge. You could argue Howard also but he is not the player we saw back in his Orlando days anymore. Going home is a nice narrative, and it is a nice little bonus but I really doubt that it is the main factor in 99% of players decisions.

Return to The General Board