Report: OKC wants to extend Russell Westbrook, sign Blake Griffin in 2017

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Rubio9Guy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,290

Re: Report: OKC wants to extend Russell Westbrook, sign Blake Griffin in 2017 

Post#61 » by Rubio9Guy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:51 pm

That would honestly be awesome. I'm forcing it on 2k.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#62 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:25 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Bummer...but the reality is that big stars are not going to CHOOSE to come to smaller markets. Teams like Kings can get a trade to force a player to them....But I just don't see Griffin deciding to come to OKC when he can go to more "glamorous" cities....Miami....LA....New York...all that. No offense to OKC...it's just a small market reality.

So for the Thunder GM to PLAN on something like that...? He should be fired immediately.

TRADE Westbrook NOW...for lottery picks or young talent....or players locked into longer contracts.

Agreed. I just spent some time in LA for the first time in a few years and did the rounds of Malibu, Venice, Hollywood, etc. Man. Seriously there are so, so many fine women there. If you are a young rich famous millionaire, you just are NOT leaving willingly. I cannot see it.

I could.

I'm the exact opposite, hate cities, hate being near cities. I've never once had the desire to live in one, and have avoided taking jobs in big cities for that reason. Different people feel differently. And from all indications Russ isn't as big city as his fashion leads people to think.

I'm the same way and there are players who feel the same way. Larry Bird would have been perfectly fine playing out his career in the smallest market for instance. I will give the LA the nod towards the quantity of beautiful women, but Oklahoma per population in all of my travels is hard to beat. Plus the women are approachable.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#63 » by bondom34 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Yep, there's nothing wrong with cities, if you like them. I grew up in small towns, still live in farm country in PA. Can't see myself wanting to live elsewhere. In grad school my favorite thing to do was take a long road bike ride around State College, could go for 100 miles on mostly smallish roads with farms all around.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#64 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:31 pm

If you are young, rich and live in the LA area. Bonus points for being athlete you are living in the South Bay or other beach areas. That's not " city" living that some of your are claiming.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Rubio9Guy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,290

Post#65 » by Rubio9Guy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Tarik Black wrote:If you are young, rich and live in the LA area. Bonus points for being athlete you are living in the South Bay or other beach areas. That's not " city" living that some of your are claiming.

I lived in small towns for most of my life besides going to college at the University of Minnesota. I know a ton of people that even think a city of 50,000 is way too much.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#66 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Rubio9Guy wrote:
Tarik Black wrote:If you are young, rich and live in the LA area. Bonus points for being athlete you are living in the South Bay or other beach areas. That's not " city" living that some of your are claiming.

I lived in small towns for most of my life besides going to college at the University of Minnesota. I know a ton of people that even think a city of 50,000 is way too much.

ok. Again, the idea that the average poster not wanting to live in a city is fine. I will repeat if you are young, rich and an athlete and you are some how forced to live in the big city that is LA. The reality is the South Bay and other beach cities are not actually cities. They are not farming towns either.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#67 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Tarik Black wrote:
Rubio9Guy wrote:

ok. Again, the idea that the average poster not wanting to live in a city is fine. I will repeat if you are young, rich and an athlete and you are some how forced to live in the big city that is LA. The reality is the South Bay and other beach cities are not actually cities. They are not farming towns either.

I love California. I lived 10 miles from the City on a dirt road, so getting rural can be done anywhere. My only issue with my "rural" living in California was the traffic and hordes of crowds during the weekends.

With the money the professional athletes make, LA has it all. The night life, the weather, the beaches, the Stars and the views. However because of all of that, it is very crowded. You can always get away from the crowd, it was just getting there that was the problem.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,229

Post#68 » by John Murdoch » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:35 pm

I think this is Presti's best approach to this situation. Trading him for pennies on the dollar is just sub optimal . They would instantly turn into the Grizzlies or something without Westbrook and Durant. They really need a superstar perimeter player in the West to be a real contender.
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.

Return to The General Board