how are the Clippers getting all these guys at the minimum?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,182

Re: how are the Clippers getting all these guys at the minimum? 

Post#81 » by Impuniti » Fri Aug 5, 2016 7:19 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

The game 6 vs Blazers was special. 90+ percent of NBA players would of left the game, not come back and killed it. This guy leaves it on the court every single game, even when he shoots like ****. If the rest of the Clippers had Austin's heart and motor, they would be the Warriors. Austin earned the respect of the media and much of the NBA after the playoffs. He's probably become my favorite Clipper TBH (I haven't thought about this for a while). Blake is my guy but Austin's effort, heart and toughness despite not being a good player make him the easiest to root for in my eyes. I hated him at first because of Doc being his dad and giving him preferential treatment. After seeing him growing up for the last two years though, I'm very, very happy the team inked him to 3 more.

I wish Blake had the junkyard dog mentality of Austin, he would be the best player in the NBA probably or close to.

That was one of the best/my favorite games from last season.
lilswift01
Rookie
And1: 927

Post#82 » by lilswift01 » Fri Aug 5, 2016 7:32 pm

I don't see whats so special about the Clips bench. Not a lot of 2 way impact players on that bench.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#83 » by QRich3 » Fri Aug 5, 2016 8:04 pm

lilswift01 wrote:I don't see whats so special about the Clips bench. Not a lot of 2 way impact players on that bench.

Not a lot of 2 way impact players on any of the 30 benches in the league tbh. 2 way impact players tend to start.
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,034

Post#84 » by lamscott » Fri Aug 5, 2016 9:26 pm

Bunch of over the hill vets? Living in LA, screwing models and playing 5 mins? You would sign for the min too.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,946

Post#85 » by Bobbymcgee » Sat Aug 6, 2016 1:46 am

Problem is, the Clippers have gotten some decent players these past few years for their bench and for whatever reason they go to crap as soon as they get here. Hopefully this upcoming season turns out differently.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#86 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Aug 6, 2016 2:38 am

Bobbymcgee wrote:Problem is, the Clippers have gotten some decent players these past few years for their bench and for whatever reason they go to crap as soon as they get here. Hopefully this upcoming season turns out differently.

Thats true too. Guys who are supposed to be good for us have been trash. Aldrich was a pleasant, huge surprise and Doc squandered him half the year.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,077

Post#87 » by og15 » Sat Aug 6, 2016 2:39 am

Lost92Bricks wrote:Everybody thinks the SF position is the Clippers' main problem. That's not the reason they lose games.

They mainly lose because they let teams back in the game when Rivers and Crawford step on the floor and they're bricking every shot. The offense dies when their starters are on the bench.

That's the hole they need to fix. Getting a SF won't change **** (unless he's a star player).

Which in turn forces Doc to stagger lineups and have two of Paul, Griffin, Jordan and theoretical star SF on the floor at all times.
lilswift01
Rookie
And1: 927

Post#88 » by lilswift01 » Mon Aug 8, 2016 2:43 pm

QRich3 wrote:
lilswift01 wrote:I don't see whats so special about the Clips bench. Not a lot of 2 way impact players on that bench.

Not a lot of 2 way impact players on any of the 30 benches in the league tbh. 2 way impact players tend to start.

For example i feel like the pelicans bench is younger and better suited to play defense/offence.

at Guards you have, Galloway/Moore/Heild providing shooting, defense and some toughness

at Forwards you have Cunningham, Jones and Pondexter that can rebound, play defense and score a little.

At Backup C you have a guy with size who can block shots in Ajinca.

Much better bench but much less hype.

With the Clippers bench its either the guy is OLD or provides only one skill. Although i feel like Austin is a little underrated and has potential to become a key contributor this year.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#89 » by SF_Warriors » Mon Aug 8, 2016 6:51 pm

lilswift01 wrote:
QRich3 wrote:

For example i feel like the pelicans bench is younger and better suited to play defense/offence.

at Guards you have, Galloway/Moore/Heild providing shooting, defense and some toughness

at Forwards you have Cunningham, Jones and Pondexter that can rebound, play defense and score a little.

With the Clippers bench its either the guy is OLD or provides only one skill. Although i feel like Austin is a little underrated and has potential to become a key contributor this year.

The clippers have a better starting lineup though.
Some of the guys you mentioned arent even that good, like galloway, cunningham, pondexter, all are barely rotation quality
players. I actually really like Moore, and I feel jones can be a solid bench player, but the pels bench is nothing to write home about either. Hield is unproven, cant bank on him to be an nba contributor at this stage of his career.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,077

Post#90 » by og15 » Tue Aug 9, 2016 1:23 am

lilswift01 wrote:
QRich3 wrote:

Gratefully the Clippers are slowly but surely moving away from old guys. Jamal is the only one who is there with a fairly decent role, the other guys aren't too old.

Crawford 36, Felton 32, Rivers 24, Speights 29, Bass 31, W.Johnson 29

They've made it into an experience but not "old" bench the last two seasons.

Return to The General Board