Pelicans' Jrue Holiday taking leave of absence due to wife's health issues

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Re: Jrue Holiday to miss start of season to be with wife recovering from brain surgery 

Post#21 » by jpengland » Sun Sep 4, 2016 8:24 pm

Much more important than his work. Good on him for taking the time away and for.the Pelicans to facilitate.

He seriously seems like one of the good guys.

I went through a potentially life threatening issue with my pregnant wife a few months back (although nowhere this serious) and I know just how much this stuff puts life and loved ones in perspective. It's horrible and I hope the whole family come through this stronger.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Re: Jrue Holiday to miss start of season to be with wife recovering from brain surgery 

Post#22 » by Zion Wembanyama » Sun Sep 4, 2016 8:27 pm

Jon1798 wrote:This is such a cursed franchise. I've never seen anything like it. Ryan Anderson's girlfriend, Monty's wife, Bryce Dejean Jones, now this. Not mentioning injuries, floods etc. Just crazy.

Jrue really is a great guy. He organizes the player only workouts in LA each year. Real team leader and good person. This is awful and I wish them and the baby the best for sure.

Pelicans without Jrue and Tyreke are dead in the water. Good '17 draft I guess.

Seems like it... some type of cleansing needs to be done.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#23 » by wickedwrister » Sun Sep 4, 2016 10:42 pm

Jon1798 wrote:This is such a cursed franchise. I've never seen anything like it. Ryan Anderson's girlfriend, Monty's wife, Bryce Dejean Jones, now this. Not mentioning injuries, floods etc. Just crazy.

Jrue really is a great guy. He organizes the player only workouts in LA each year. Real team leader and good person. This is awful and I wish them and the baby the best for sure.

Pelicans without Jrue and Tyreke are dead in the water. Good '17 draft I guess.

Will say that it at least appears that everything surrounding these tragedies is handled with complete class by the Pelicans organization.
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: Pelicans' Jrue Holiday taking leave of absence due to wife's health issues 

Post#24 » by Pinkyring » Sun Sep 4, 2016 11:12 pm

If he'd have tried to still play I'd never respect him so kudos, family first, basketball is only a game regardless to what some obnoxious fans stay
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,718

Post#25 » by 76thBearCub » Mon Sep 5, 2016 9:10 pm

He has always seemed like such a classy, nice guy. I really feel for him. That is such a scary and powerless situation.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#26 » by DaddyCool19 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:37 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37726815/american-football-star-lauren-holiday-has-brain-tumour-removed-a-month-after-giving-birth

Good news for the Jrue and his wife. Now let's hope she recovers well and Jrue can focus on basketball in the close future.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,087

Post#27 » by tcheco » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Hope she can make a full recovery.
Nothing but respect for him and the Pelicans
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#28 » by Amsterdam » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:34 pm